Okay... confession time! (music related)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
So what are the 'good' bands out there? I begin to wonder. Everyone seems to hate all the newer bands out there. I wonder if it's mostly that they're new, or what? Some of them, given sufficient time, could actually be great.

To tell you the truth, I still can't listen to any cd of U2's before, say, Joshua tree. I can't tolerate the sound of Bono's voice before Joshua Tree. Which is too bad, because I like some of their earlier songs.

So what are the 'good' bands out there? I begin to wonder. Everyone seems to hate all the newer bands out there. I wonder if it's mostly that they're new, or what? Some of them, given sufficient time, could actually be great.

It is not about 'new' and 'old' bands.

It's about 'good' and 'bad' bands.

Oh and apparently it's also a matter of opinion, I hear.

love_u2_adam said:
i love caribou lou by tech n9ne!
151 Rum, Pineapple juice and Malibu. Caribou get dem all numb. Make baby girl come, out of her shell and raise hell. Don’t stop till the cops come.
greatest song this side of the Rockies!:rockon:

Is this even English? :scratch: I recognize some words in there but...

I heard a song on the radio on the way home from running errands yesterday. I was all, "Hey, this is pretty good, I hope they say who it is." Then I was all, "You know, that singer almost sounds like Rob Thomas from Matchbox 20. But nahhhh, it couldn't be."

It was. It was the new Matchbox 20 song. And it was good. :reject:

corianderstem said:
I heard a song on the radio on the way home from running errands yesterday. I was all, "Hey, this is pretty good, I hope they say who it is." Then I was all, "You know, that singer almost sounds like Rob Thomas from Matchbox 20. But nahhhh, it couldn't be."

It was. It was the new Matchbox 20 song. And it was good. :reject:

"How Far We've Come"? I LOVE that song.:rockon: I'm not usually a huge fan of theirs, but this song is awesome.

Matchbox 20... good God. They're from Orlando so their stuff gets played to death here.

If I hear Unwell 1 more time, I might do something drastic.

Until now, the only song by them I've ever been able to tolerate is "Real World." I don't know why, I just really love that song.

But every interview I read about Rob Thomas just makes me laugh. Whatever, man. You can try to distance yourself from Matchbox 20 all you want. Every interview is full of "No, no! I'm cool! I swear! Look how much pot I smoke!"

Their new clip is particularly bad. Self indulgent tripe squaring up another of their lackluster singles with some of the most important events of the past five decades.

God, I hate that sort of thing. Except when Jet did it in their 'Shine On' video, that was just hilarious.

Back
Top Bottom