Okay... confession time! (music related)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
unico said:
i like that one that goes

SHUT UUUUUUUUUUP WHEN IM TALKIN TO YOUUUUUUUUUUUUU

SHUT UUUUUUUUUUP
SHUT UUUUUUUUUUP

SHUT! UP!!!!!!!!!!!

:rockon:

I love Linkin Park. Hybrid Theory's a killer album. The other two are cool as well...they certainly grew a lot on their latest and I really liked it at first but I've gotten kinda sick of it to be honest. But its kinda easy to get sick of LP with all the radioplay they get. I like songs like Papercut, With You, A Place for My Head, Forgotten, Figure.09, and No More Sorrow. my favourite is actually the remix of Pushing Me Away on the Reanimation album (also on their live album). Awesome build-up. I'd like to hear more stuff like that.

UberBeaver said:

I think everytime zoots makes a topic about music it's a semi-confession, so yeah, it probably belongs here. I hope that one day someone that knows both Zoots and I gets married so that we both get invited to the wedding, cause I want to be at the table when Zoots says, "Hey, you know what? I don't care what anyone says, but the Chicken Dance is a GOOOOOOD friggin' song....who wants to dance?.........what?"

I agree with the second part - I'd like them better without the silly "rapper" guy. He's awful. If I rapped, that's how I'd sound, which is why I don't rap. :happy: Then again.....he's made millions....shit. owned again. :sigh:

:lmao:!!!!!!

Btw, I agree that the screamer is better than the lame rapper.

"watching time go right out the window" :no:

And now it's time for the "What we learned today from the creation of this thread" section...

Linkin Park is much more popular than Plain White T's. :shifty:

My left buttcheek is more popular than Plain White T's, they're absolutely terrible.

I can't wait for the music sycophants at my school to forget about them and move on to the next obnoxious sensation.

phillyfan26 said:
I hate almost every genre of music that isn't rock and roll (rap, hip hop, funk, country)

:tsk:

Rap/Hip-Hop
De La Soul - Three Feet High And Rising
Beastie Boys - Paul's Boutique
Nas - Illmatic
Jay-Z - Reasonable Doubt
Notorious BIG - Ready To Die
Outkast - Aquemini
Public Enemy - It Takes a Nation of Millions to Hold Us Back
Snoop Dogg - Doggystle
Mobb Deep - The Infamous
Common - Be
A Tribe Called Quest - Low End Theory
Run-D.M.C. - Raising Hell
N.W.A. - Straight Outta Compton
Kanye West - Late Registration

Funk
James Brown - A compilation of any kind
Isaac Hayes - Hot Buttered Soul
Curtis Mayfield - Superfly
Sly and the Family Stone - There's A Riot Goin' On
Funkadelic - One Nation Under A Groove
Parliament - Mothership Connection

Country
Bob Dylan - Nashville Skyline
The Band - Songs From Big Pink
Willie Nelson - Phases & Stages
Waylon Jennings - A compilation of any kind
Loretta Lynn - Van Lear Rose

Come back and talk to me after you've listened to all of these albums. :wink:

LemonMelon said:

Outkast - Aquemini

:drool: one of my favourite albums of all time

I think it's a bit silly to decide you hate entire genres. I mean, there's a lot of genres I genereally don't dig, but there's probably some good stuff in all of them. Admittingly most of what I do like falls into the large umbrella of rock. But "rock" is pretty damn diverse.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U8goTypMVcI

dance2.gif

Going back to LP, man... I used to really hate them so much! I even made this parody up a few years back... :shifty:

It starts with rap...

One thing I don't know why
Did you know we didn't even have to try
Never ever thought that this could be so easy
Put a bunch of words together, make 'em rhyme (rhyme!)

Is all it takes...

At first it was a little hard
Everybody has a tough time to start
But really how much thinking do you have to do
To craft a ditty perfect for the charts

And then it worked.....

People started moshing around
To our fake metal music and the bass surround
What eventually hopefully will only be a memory of a time...

I tried so hard, this song still blows
But in the end my wallet's getting fatter
The words I write make no sense at all

I put my trust in you
You bought our pissed-off image too
All at once this whole thing happened
Now we're famous
I put my trust in you
You bought our remixed CD too
All at once we've taken control and warped your minds

I tried so hard, this song still blows
The words I write make no sense at all

:shifty:

The song was fairly easy to spoof. :wink:

Now how about my Linkin Park confession?

I own all of their albums (including the remix one, the live one/ concert DVD, and the mashup with Jay-Z/DVD of that), plus a poster and two shirts. And I'm fairly shameless about it :wink:

Although I find it somewhat painful to listen to a lot of their earlier songs, due to most of them being associated with painful memories from my depressive emo late-teen years. I'm rather fond of the new album though, and for those of you saying you prefer screamo (Chester :drool: ) over rapper (Mike :yawn: ), you'd like it, Mike only gets to rap on two tracks. No More Sorrow is my favourite song on the album :up:

I can't confess to giving a flying fuck about Linkin Park, but I do have Lucas Prada's version of the "Numa Numa Song" on my mp3 player. :reject: :reject: :dance: (that's two reject smilies for Lucas Prada AND the Numa Numa Song)

UberBeaver said:
Pf26 - how can you hate funk?

My brother drove me mad with it. He loves it.

I have three brothers: one who loves rap and metal, one who likes rock and loves funk, and a third one who has yet to have a specific trait that's crazy. Two more years I'm guessing.

And I can't dance.

Liesje said:
I can't confess to giving a flying fuck about Linkin Park, but I do have Lucas Prada's version of the "Numa Numa Song" on my mp3 player. :reject: :reject: :dance: (that's two reject smilies for Lucas Prada AND the Numa Numa Song)

Is Lucas Prada that version that the kid that got all embarrassed about on Youtube? Or do you have a cover version of that song?

phillyfan26 said:

My brother drove me mad with it. He loves it.

I have three brothers: one who loves rap and metal, one who likes rock and loves funk, and a third one who has yet to have a specific trait that's crazy. Two more years I'm guessing.

And I can't dance.

Dude - it's funk. You know who hates funk? No. One. What is your brother listening to? I mean, there is some bad funk out there, but no one listens to it. Check out Parliament Funkadelic - one of America's greatest bands. I saw PFunk get a stadium full of crackers grooving. Everyone was hacky sacking or buying beer or just hanging out, and then the next thing you know 30k+ white people staring at a stage bopping. THAT'S funk. Give it another chance.

But there's genres other than metal, funk, country and rap (which are all incredibly diverse anyway) - do you hate, jazz, swing, reggae, blues and all that other good stuff?

Regarding thread: I stopped liking Linkin Park when I was 13.

Thats ok. I think everyone has some musical choice they're embarassed of
like for me its..
Poison

Back
Top Bottom