ok people, your help is needed (in a pay it forward kinda way)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Angela Harlem

Jesus Online
A lot of folks around here are down about this or that, and unfortuately shit happens in our lives and gets us all down. The good thing about this particular forum is that ppl can say whats on their mind and we are all here to help. We're a caring bunch really.

So. I have decided to start a thread where we all say something nice about a random person here. Try to make it someone you dont often talk to, or someone you dont know very well. Maybe someone you have had a biff with in the past, whatever. We wont have rules.

I will start with....

hmmm....

Kobayashi.

I have to say, I dont know kobewon very well. Only his posts. But he is funny, polite, he has a good knack of keeping it real, he is one of those people who's threads I will open simply cos he is the author.

So thanks Kobe!

smile.gif

Ok, I?ll be next.

Sula! I know her personally and she?s one of the nicest people I?ve ever met. I love her posts and she?s doing an excellent job as a mod.

Cheers for Sula
smile.gif

------------------
I'm a bass player. That's a "singer" question. Lord Adam Clayton

"The bass player's got it. The bass player's fucking got it." Bono, Boston 6-9-01

spanisheyes~

Thanks for all the great talks on AIM. We don't talk much anymore, but I don't know what I would have done without having you around back then.

~Kat

------------------
"I'm nearly great, but there's something missing..."

[This message has been edited by Bonochick (edited 04-11-2002).]

What a nice thing to do, Angie.

First of all, Tyler, who is having a bad week. He acts so dude-ish but really, I think he is marshmallow. Angie, your humour and manda's... what can I say, it's one of a kind.

Not like he will ever come to this board and read this, but I've always felt that 80sU2isbest is very sincere in his posts. I can really sense God touching his life by reading his posts.

I've lots of nice things to say about many people... maybe more later. Goodnight.

foray

Diamond,
All I know about you is from your posts. You cop alot of shit from a few people and its great to see you take it all in good humour. The ability for you to laugh at yourself and allow others to do the same is a good asset and its a shame more people in the world dont have it. As we'd say down here in Oz, you a good sport!
biggrin.gif

------------------
"we're free to fly the crimson sky...the sun won't melt our wings tonight..."

ladylemon

I have liked her posts and her DMB quote. I think that is what cought my eye about her. Once I saw that I knew she had good taste.
wink.gif

Great thread!

My props go out to EPandAmerica. She was kind and trusting enough to let me be one of her Vegas roomies. She did an awesome GA ticket trade with me. She's cool about how long it takes me to mail boots (I swear I'm sending them Carm). And she's from Texas!
biggrin.gif

(((EPandAmerica)))

------------------
"Thank you very much. This feels very Elvis. Thank you."

Bono ~ Houston, Texas 4-02-01

Foxxern
He's been around a long time. His posts are always respectful and well thought out. He's witty and makes me laugh a lot. I always thought he was one of the coolest people around here and Interland is a much better place for him being one of those gems who help to keep it sane.

Foxxern is the only constant!
smile.gif

Alright then...

Zone..because no matter how bad my day is he seems to put a smile on my face

...because no matter how good my day is he seems to put a bigger smaile on my face.

..He gives me faith in family and friends.

He always seems to know the right thiing to say when I need it said...

that is all...just don't hold what I said against me
smile.gif

i have two.

first, i think that maddie is one of the most charming people here. i feel that sometimes she is too hard on herself and she shouldn't be because she has a tremendous amount to offer the world and she has a beautiful heart. her posts (especially about her family) show what an amazing and loving person she is. and sometimes she makes me laugh so hard that my co-workers think i'm insane. so to me, maddie makes interference a brighter place.
smile.gif

second, i think that april also has so much to offer. from reading some of your posts, i can see that you are dealing with some difficult situations currently. i want you to know that from what i read you are a tremendously intelligent and strong woman and a wonderful poet. i have no doubt that your drive and brains will take you far in life so keep your chin up.
smile.gif

that's all for now. this thread was a fantastic idea.

[This message has been edited by Screaming Flower (edited 04-11-2002).]

I have four actually. Mrs.Edge, Icelady, CdnBliss, and Elizabeth....

You guys are great friends, and you have helped me to deal with things going on in my life, and understand that there is nothing wrong with me.

I know that alot of people think otherwise. But pleba girls rock!!

------------------
***Spinny***
"I don't know about you, but I feel good about the fact that I still haven't found what I'm looking for"-Bono, 1987

"Be uncool, yes be akward!"

can I post again??

all my RSOC sisters!!! big major hug!!!! I love you, girls
smile.gif

------------------
I'm a bass player. That's a "singer" question. Lord Adam Clayton

"The bass player's got it. The bass player's fucking got it." Bono, Boston 6-9-01

Holy wow, this thread is fabulous! Good work!

Okaaaay, lesssee here. Props go out to the following: zone, sula, elizabeth, and of course kobayashi.

zone: i know him personally, and though he rocks on me for my age, I know it's all in good fun
wink.gif
He is such a great guy! And he let's me watch his tapes from the 80s----when he was MY age!
smile.gif

sula: Well, sula, yeah! I lurve her! She took me out to dinner when I was upset and she is so kind with letting me borrow stuff and IMing with me. Really, you gotta love sula.

elizabeth: She doesn't hate me
wink.gif
And she put me in the story before she really even knew me.

kobe: I don't know kobe, but I shure as hell wish I did! He teaches me about Canada. His name is from a great movie. And most of all, we will be travelling together in a small spaceship in 2880, so I gotta show him the love now! And one time he posted saying that I was smart. That made my day.
biggrin.gif

------------------
"Why do you have to be such a smart ass?" -my mom

I'd like to take a moment to give some props to DiGi and muh2o. Both of them offered to help me during a frustrating time for me and it really meant a lot. And... they are both very giving people which I think is so quality, considering we are pretty much all strangers here. You guys rock.

And of course on another note, I love my close friends, they know who they are and they've always been here for me and that's something I really value.
smile.gif

And lastly, I'm seriously going to lighten up in regards to people I have bumped heads with in the past. Life is too short to be fighting, arguing whatever... we are all U2 fans here and we are all part of the U2 community, which I consider to be like a second family.

* off to get tissues

Originally posted by Sicy:

And lastly, I'm seriously going to lighten up in regards to people I have bumped heads with in the past. Life is too short to be fighting, arguing whatever... we are all U2 fans here and we are all part of the U2 community, which I consider to be like a second family.

* off to get tissues[/B]

Do you promise?

DB9

death bear - cause he always reminds me of a very unique time in my life where the paths I could choose were like highways and everybody was a perfect stranger (perfect as in great). Through his sincerity on the board and in chat he helps remind me why you should never lose your roots and the folks that got you where you are.

And that people are real.

His hilarity is tranquilizing on stress. Laughter is always the best medicine. Sure "there's always a time and a place..." and being serious isn't bad, but keep in mind too much seriousness can lead to ulcers.

Bear with me, this list is kind of long.
tongue.gif

-sula
-Olive (wonderful site, always great threads, very sweet
biggrin.gif
)
-Elizabeth
-Daisy
-kobayashi (I think everyone else said it perfectly)
-wildhoney22
-WhackaMole
-rafmed

------------------
"You must not look down on someone just 'cos they are 14 years old. When I was that age I listened to the music of John Lennon and it changed my way of seeing things, so I'm just glad that 14 year olds are coming to see U2 rather than group X." - Bono, 1988

[This message has been edited by elevatedmole (edited 04-11-2002).]

I love my PLEBA chat girlies: You know who you are
smile.gif

Although I've only posted twice in Dream Out Loud, I think it's really cool that acrobat took the time to reply with encouragement.

------------------
Daisy
Love is a temple
Love's a higher law

AIM: daisyone75

follower

great human being
not pretending to be anything/one she really isn't
always kind & considerate

------------------
Salome
Shake it, shake it, shake it

Originally posted by Sicy:
I'm seriously going to lighten up in regards to people I have bumped heads with in the past. Life is too short to be fighting, arguing whatever... we are all U2 fans here and we are all part of the U2 community, which I consider to be like a second family.

* off to get tissues

**sniff, sniff**

Anyone else feel like a group hug?

Great post Sicy!!
smile.gif

------------------
"Thank you very much. This feels very Elvis. Thank you."

Bono ~ Houston, Texas 4-02-01

I've got some good pals here!

April: We chatted for hours and hours. She has taught me how to cope through this Unemployment vaction" I am having now!

Sicy: Accepted me in this Internet-based community called Interference - and is always there to joke around with!

Bama: The voice of reason. He was really missed during his departure for lent. His posts are always so pointed and inteligent, strung with humor.

Melon: Always fighting what looks like an uphill battle. I love reading his posts and his humor.

Mrs.Edge: One of the darn sweetest gals I have ever come in contact with. Your package will be sent shortly (My "Unemployment Vacation" has cut into my budget a little).

And the others I want to pass along to that I value chatting or posting with daily: HelloAngel, Kobe, WackaMole, Screaming Flower, Sula, Lilly, Brettig, ZooManda, AliRose, *Ally*, Disco, O2, Maddie, Salome, Icelady (
wink.gif
), Angela Harlem, Risti, Acro and others....THANKS!

[This message has been edited by zonelistener (edited 04-11-2002).]

What a great idea for a thread, Angela!

First, i'll start by thanking the three wonderful souls that have given me burned U2 CDs (you know who you are). So incredible to have U2's magic around with me...always. THE best thing that has happened to me through this board. I can never thank you enough.

Second, to those who exchange emails with me, i appreciate it.

Third, just anyone really who interacts with me in a positive, constructive, funny, smart...way (in my or non-mine threads).

Fourth, to all those who put up with my arguingly-debaty ways whenever they occur. Will try to keep it cool(er), and i don't mean to piss anyone off.

Fifth, i really admire those who post well-thought posts (i so can't compete with you guys), those "sparkys" who make this place fun with jokes (on the account they do it SO good) and those who help others with advice with their problems (truly priceless).

Sixth, i especially admire those who never lose their temper and are always kind and patient toward others.

Seventh, i bet i forgot to mention everyone that is special here.
smile.gif

ps: Eighth, i think a thread like this would look really good in EYKIW also, no?

[This message has been edited by U2girl (edited 04-11-2002).]

Originally posted by zonelistener:
and others....

Oh, great, now I'm just an "other"...*lol*
tongue.gif
biggrin.gif

Oh, great, I'm a moron who had to edit this reply because I can't spell.
rolleyes.gif

------------------
"I'm nearly great, but there's something missing..."

[This message has been edited by Bonochick (edited 04-11-2002).]

martha, who has the best podiatrist-related signatures ever.

paxetora, who I've encountered in FYM, often disagreeing, often agreeing, but always impressed with her(?) intelligence and levelheadedness.

and if I was allowed to say something about someone I know, I would say Sula is great. She's wicked smart, a real thinker, a real giver. Things I really admire. Plus she's the only interferencer I've ever met.
biggrin.gif

------------------
Real Saturday Morning Conversation
(a play in one act.)

Spiral: (to wife) What are you watching?

Spiral's Wife: Digimon.

THE END

Angel...

Thanks so much for being there for me in the past year. You mean alot to me and I hope we can be there for eachother now and into the future, whatever counrty you may be in!

------------------
"we're free to fly the crimson sky...the sun won't melt our wings tonight..."

This is the best thread idea ever.
biggrin.gif

There are so many people I would like to single out for being wonderful here, but if I had to choose one (based on Angie's criteria) I would go with maddie. Just a very sweet-hearted and funny person, who cares alot about those around her.

Also, I can't let this thread pass without including my friends, who know who they are (yes, that includes the ones I rib every now and again
wink.gif
). You guys have become very dear to me, and have helped me through some hard times of late. Some of you I know personally, others have shown great kindnesses to me in one way or another and I would like to thank you all for that. Whether it was a goody in the mail, a kind word in a chat or a thread, or fun times hanging out together, just know that I appreciate everything.

I hope I've done a good job of returning the favor. *hugs*
smile.gif

------------------
Don't take offense
Better make amends
Rip it all to shreds and let it go

Where do I begin?

Manda: I love her poetry. All her posts are fun, or directly from the heart. I admire her so much (and want to be her little sister too)

Lilly: Cause she reminds me so much of me...

BabyGrace: Her poetry is so inspired, so beautiful, I find it hard to believe that she's a year younger than me! You seem like such a dreamer...I admire that.

Wanderer: Cause he seems like the most intelligent person at Interference. I just get the impression that he's, I don't know what the phrase is...world experienced?

Sula: Because every time she posts, I think in my head "I was just about to post that!" (esp. during the Olympics). I think we share a lot of the same opinions. It's nice to know someone like you.

Acrob@t - For he's the nicest guy around. Thanks for helping me out when my harddrive crashed Paul
smile.gif

and April: it seems that you go through hard times, but you ALWAYS pull through. You're an inspiration.

Diamond and Z_edge: every so often you guys will through a curve ball and post the most amazing, sensitive, thoughtful, insightful posts. I love your humour, but I love the serious side.

Okay, I'm gonna stop now.

[This message has been edited by The_Sweetest_Thing (edited 04-12-2002).]

No clue why this double posted:

So I'll add: (I'm sorry, I never shut up)

Mrs. Edge- my dancing friend...got me ballet tickets. Whenever I need someone to talk to about dance, she's my gal. And she's one of the nicest, thoughtful, caring people I've ever met.

Skeek: The only person who mailed me back a year ago when I was looking for U2 tickets. He's the only interferencer on my icq list.

Foray - I don't understand her...there's somwthing so intriguing about her, like she's always hiding something wonderful and mysterious...

and Bonochick, and Diemen, and UnforgetableLemon, and pubcrawler, kobe, and so many others.

Thanks.

[This message has been edited by The_Sweetest_Thing (edited 04-12-2002).]

Back
Top Bottom