ok people, your help is needed (in a pay it forward kinda way)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Originally posted by Bonochick:
I didn't make Diamond's list! *sigh*

Nobody loves me.
tongue.gif
biggrin.gif

me neither bc. but with the amount of people on that list just think about how more exclusive we are for NOT being mentioned!
wink.gif
biggrin.gif

------------------
"Why do you have to be such a smart ass?" -my mom

Diamond your reply was absolutely lovely.
smile.gif

I just took a small day trip down memory lane and want to add some more (again)

Foray. Miss social butterfly who stings like a bee, she has a punch like Mohamed Ali. Foray, if I knew you in real life I would think the sun shines out of your ass. Perhaps it does. I think you might be able to do some pretty amazing stuff offscreen as well. If I could run the Tate for a day, that exhibit would be all yours baby.

Klodomir. I know she isn't reading this. But Klod babeee, you are incredible. You honestly are one of the funniest people I have ever had the pleasure of getting to know. I really must turn on IM soon so we can catch up. Thankyou for being my friend even though you insist I am a crack addict. I miss you Klod!

Cat Dubh. Where do I start? Hell, where did WE start? LOL. We go back a long way babe. You are one funky chicken. You are so honest, so ....you are you. Always. I am glad you are someone I got to know a little better. Take care of yourself Suze if our paths dont cross again soon.

Doodle & Poodle - my partners in crime and martinis. Whoa to the Inclinator and any escalator!

Elvis/Mr Macphisto - I'll make you lasagne anytime!

Zoney - no one can make a Cosmo like you can. Or brandish a spatula like you.

Salome - we don't talk much, but I still oddly love to shake for you.

zooropamanda - my fellow Damongirl whom I seranade in the middle of the night.

Angel - you are so so sweet. and so aggravatingly beautiful!!!

*Ally* - you are the coolest - many thanks for your GA line organization.

Maddie - girl, you're a reason to come to Ireland without forethought.

salome999 - you are so sweet to include me in "things."
wink.gif

Jezzie - what an amazing banner! You rock!

Whackamole, ScreamingFlower, Bonochick - you make IO a necessary part of my day.

DB9 - a silly silly Diamond in the rough. But watch him closely.

Sula - brilliance, congeniality, fairness. You are a shining light.

Kobeson - you crack me up. Keep up the laughs!

I'd also like to thank all of you for making Interference such a wonderful loving place to be. I hope I didn't forget anyone, but I write this from memory and on too much caffeine. I truly hope I am but an asset to this place, and not an irritant.

Long live the LOVE.
biggrin.gif

------------------
I can scream as loud as your last one, but I can't claim innocence.

Thank you Angela.

Oh lest we forget-
NicaMom- Geneoursity personified.

Lilly- The embodiment of lovliness.

U2ITOL- A handsome young man that has had his share of crap in his life and has chosen to overcome . Great photographer too.

DB9

[This message has been edited by Diamond The U2 Patriot (edited 04-13-2002).]

Originally posted by Bonochick:
Nobody loves me.
tongue.gif
biggrin.gif

You're always on my list, Katherine.

Thanks Diamond: truly one of the most interesting personalities in here, and having some of most memorable/special threads IMO (the "reason for my following U2" for example, or more recently, "i was humbled at Karaoke").
Stay just the way you are.
smile.gif

Well now I had make my list of people who I find inspiring and caring during my time here.

Sicy - she *WHACKS* me when I need it the most and the reason why I stuck around. BonoChick - she plays a mean Truth or Dare. The first person I was drawn to for your caring attitude.
April - well you just inspire me is all. You were the first person to IM me. Always great fun and very caring when needed.
Mrs. Edge - I don't really have to say, you know how great it is on a daily basis - well used to be
wink.gif

Zone - great great person
Sula - introduced me to Viggo - and thank goodness for that!
Spinning - a true PLEBAn and a great friend
U2k - the very first person to ever acknowledge my existence. Wherever she may be, she was a great individual
Mr. Mac - brought me out of the dungeon
Crzy4Bono - She always understood my weakness for rosaries
wink.gif

Screamin - totally makes me howl
ElevatedMole - willingness to help and a caring person

You know I'm sure there are many many others, and I feel like one of those people who just won an award and is trying the thank everyone. There's always someone you forget - certainly don't mean to - you all know that this is indeed a very special place.

Peace
L

Sorry for reposting. But I forgot a special person. Mona, or Wildhonee. She made me feel very special, and took me under her wing as a newbie months ago, and I thank her for that!!

Let's not forget Elvis either. If it wasn't for him, then none of us would know each other.

*Totally loves this thread*

------------------
***Spinny***
"I don't know about you, but I feel good about the fact that I still haven't found what I'm looking for"-Bono, 1987

"Be uncool, yes be akward!"

I know that PLEBA is for the most part thought of as a joke around here but I will tell you that if you ever need a friend or someone to make you laugh, that would be the place to go.

My father recently passed away and I got more support, love and sincere condolences from my PLEBA sisters than I did from my own family. Most of us have never met but I can tell them anything and not be judged or laughed at. They are the ones I go to with my happy news and my sad news.

I can't possibly single out any one person because there are so many but a few special people who have become very dear to me are:

Elizabeth - I offered some prizes for a scavenger hunt and ended up with a good friend. The only way I can describe her is to say she's one of the coolest people I have ever known. She helped me through a really hard time in my life recently, and I can never thank her enough. Plus, she owns a pair of Adam pants. How cool is that?

Lilly - Who ever thought I could be so fond of a smart ass kid
biggrin.gif
Chat just wouldn't be the same without her.

hippy - One of the nicest people I have ever had the pleasure of knowing. She never has a bad thing to say about anyone and made me feel welcome right from the start.

Kristie - Now this is one crazy chick who will make you laugh, guaranteed. Another reason I'm hooked on chat. Also owns the Adam pants
biggrin.gif

Marina - Another PLEBA girl I consider a good friend. Wicked sense of humor and such a nice person
biggrin.gif
We will get to an Exit show someday, I swear!

Also, I can't forget:

Iris
Elaine
Kelly (Spinny)
Dana (Moonie)
Daisy

You have all touched me in some way or another and if I have forgotten anyone, its not intentional and I'll probably end up posting here again
biggrin.gif

Is this thread wonderful or what?? I'm gonna add a few names each day. Here are todays!

Elvis - As mentioned none of us would be here without him! Thanks for creating this wacky world; thanks for keeping it running; thanks for not having any pop-up ads; thanks for telling me about those Vegas GA tickets, thanks for putting up with all our various personalities, complaints, whines, and hysterical moments! (((Joel)))

acrob@t - Thanks for your generous bootleg offer last fall. Those shows were the only thing that kept me going on a 14 hour, middle of the night, snow filled, New Year's Eve drive across Texas.
biggrin.gif

more to come.....

------------------
"Thank you very much. This feels very Elvis. Thank you."

Bono ~ Houston, Texas 4-02-01

[This message has been edited by Like O2 (edited 04-13-2002).]

This was a really nice idea!

Like others, I'd like to come back and add to this thread a few times, but I'll start with...

SamanthaPuff--don't know if she ever looks in here but she's a super nice person. Some time ago in PLEBA she noticed that I was craving pictures of Bono in a certain very European style of hat, so she started a thread specifically for me with those pics. She was also looking for me lately in EYKIW--didn't know I'd ever be missed!

Hermes--don't know if he is around a lot these days but he posted some incredibly interesting and insightful poetry in DOL, and always made kind comments about other people's work.

Salome--who is undoubtedly the coolest person here, and always manages to make me laugh like an idiot, particularly because of the sceptical smiley. Also a fellow "Pop isn't the greatest album of all time, you know!" U2 fan.
wink.gif
biggrin.gif

------------------
Your sun so bright it leaves no shadows, only scars
Carved into stone on the face of earth
The moon is up and over One Tree Hill
We see the sun go down in your eyes

[This message has been edited by scatteroflight (edited 04-13-2002).]

I gotta add some people after my day in PLEBA.

daisy: you have such a big heart! thanks.

hippy: you and I share a lot of experiences, which is a bittersweet thing I suppose. But I'm so happy we collided in this gigantic universe, because I truly value your opinion and advice.

kristie: heh, for sharing her whacky as hell sense of humor with us all. thanks for making me stay up until 1 am all the time on chat!
wink.gif

Bono'sAmericanWife: Moi? *mocked offense* a "smart ass?" Well, that is a GREAT compliment! I loveth chat with you!

aaaand a big shout out to all my other chetters about, you know who you are, ttb, ellen, lies, and everyone else in there and PLEBA who make the dynamic perfect.

I want to add Elvis here too. I wrote him an email articulating my thanks recently, so yeah, he knows my gratitude. Thanks Elvis.

------------------
"Why do you have to be such a smart ass?" -my mom

Originally posted by icelady:
ElevatedMole - willingness to help and a caring person

Thanks Icelady
biggrin.gif

Also, I have a few others I forgot to add to my list (apologies!) ..

-madamc
-FlyGirl
-Hippyactress
-Mona
-all of the PLEBA girls
smile.gif

-and everyone else who I forgot.. many apologies
tongue.gif
wink.gif

------------------
"You must not look down on someone just 'cos they are 14 years old. When I was that age I listened to the music of John Lennon and it changed my way of seeing things, so I'm just glad that 14 year olds are coming to see U2 rather than group X." - Bono, 1988

spanish eyes..one of the kindest most genuine u2 fans on the net.
Chris writes the most intelligent and thoughtful posts about U2. I love reading his song and lyric dedication threads.
A lovely guy with a great admiration for a wonderful band.

I dont want to make a long list of people that I am friends with here because I dont think that was Angie's intention in this thread.
I would however like to thank individual communities here in feedback.

Dream Out Loud..always been my favourite forum mainly because there's never been any bitchiness or negativity there. Its a place where people offer up their souls and creativity to share with others, and that is extremely brave for many I think. I have received so much from DOL personally and the people who participate in that forum have always done so with respect for others and their work.
I know that some Interlanders think that we get too serious in there sometimes but I think its more about appreciation really.
To all those people who have offered their writing, music, art and photography in DOL, thank you.
And to the same people for always offering such wonderful support, encouragement, thoughts and appreciation of the work, thank you.

------------------
*I am a cowgirl of funk*

Originally posted by Lilly:
I gotta add some people after my day in PLEBA.

daisy: you have such a big heart! thanks.

AAAAWWWWW (((((Lilly)))))

Okay let me elaborate on my list:

Cantseeorbeseen:
icon40.gif

We have such a great time in chat together and great taste in singers
wink.gif

Bono's American Wife: You have such a generous soul and kind heart, don't let the little setbacks in life take that away.

hippy: what else can I say gotta love someone who appreciates the BOOM CHA as much as I do. I know things are tough right now, but you're strong so just hang in there.

Kristie: Your still obsession has made me a better person.

Miss Velvet Dress: You better get a discount at the Clarence
wink.gif

Phuzzie and MadamC: You make the best U2 dolls in the world.

Wow, I just love everyone here, even those that I don't interact with. It's nice to go somewhere where the people aren't "U-Who?"

------------------
Daisy
Love is a temple
Love's a higher law

AIM: daisyone75

i would say everyone in here is like family to me
smile.gif
special props go to ABEL and rafmed, they always look out for me and are here for me no matter what. thanks guys, you are the best.

------------------
you've got to cry without weeping, talk without speaking, scream without raising your voice..

Originally posted by nellie:
i would say everyone in here is like family to me
smile.gif
special props go to ABEL and rafmed, they always look out for me and are here for me no matter what. thanks guys, you are the best.

Thank you Nellie, you are the best.

------------------
Please...don't make me say please, champagne and ice cream, it's not what I want, it's what I need.

This is a really great thread. Maybe the best to grace this forum.
smile.gif

Spanisheyes - I don't think we've ever really communicated in anything other than a communal way through threads, but I've always admired your insightful, heartfelt and genuine posts about U2 and the way it reflects in your life, and I admire your unfailing kindness towards others on this board.

Sula - I know, I'm terrible about email and keeping in touch, but the fact that you've been there for moral support when I've needed it really does mean a lot to me. You've got a wonderful mind and a generous heart.

Diamond is the only one who appreciates me???

*cries

no offense brother diamond...it's just well...

*cries

Eh. BabyGrace, Sweetest_Thing, Angie: thank you. Whenever I get praised in the forum, I honestly feel totally embarrassed and unworthy. I'd rather be the one doing the praising.

Today I'd like to add travu2 to the list. Thanks for his input in Dream Out Loud; he's always good for encouragement. Plus, he is an avid fan of Nature, which is always good.

foray

(here is my signature for Wanderof to see an umpteenth time: )

------------------
so bounce, basketball, bounce

[This message has been edited by foray (edited 04-14-2002).]

Well, answering the way Angela originally asked, it's so tough to pick one person, so I'll cheat
biggrin.gif
. I'll say U2LA, because he is such an absolute gentleman on this board,such a generous fan, and I enjoy reading his posts. And LadyLemon, because she's funny and so friendly to everyone.

And I'll also salute some of the other gentlemen on this board, who restore my faith when I begin to feel there are none left in this world..

U2Bama
Spanisheyes
U2ME3
Hewson
Kobayashi
*edited* to also include doctor who. There are others I don't mean to leave out. I guess there are just too many gentlemen on here to name.
smile.gif

and also ZEdge-who, in spite of all his talk and joking, I'm quite certain is a true Southern gentleman

My friends Olive, Mrs. Edge, Naya, Wild Honee,Sparky's Girl, and all the others who are so kind to me. And Maddie-she is just the best. What a sweetheart with such a wonderful sense of humor and personality.

[This message has been edited by Gina Marie (edited 04-14-2002).]

Some of you should be ashamed. How can you overlook this man of passion?
333%3B%3A46723232%7Ffp5%3Enu%3D3235%3E867%3E5%3B%3A%3Ewsnrcg%3D323239524%3A8%3A6nu0mrj

------------------
?Economy is the basis of society. When the economy is stable, society develops. The ideal economy combines the spiritual and the material, and the best commodities to trade in are sincerity and love.? Morihei Ueshiba

Originally posted by Arun V:

*cries

*cries

Funny, i have the exact same problem!!!!!!! But, its ok, i know Diamond loves me! sniff!!! *walks off indignantly!*
frown.gif

Thanks Diamond, for showing me where the fans were waiting for the boys to show up, and for helping me knock over that liquor store!!
wink.gif

------------------
*Ya Just cant get enough, of that Lovey Dovey stuff...*

" And to think I actually TOUCHED that tight, hard body!" - Miss MacPhisto

Arun, in my post I referred very specifically to certain Pleba boys, and that was about YOU!!
smile.gif

Diamond, thank you for mentioning me, that was very sweet!

Originally posted by Arun V:

*cries

*cries

Thank you Mrs Edge, Diamond and Gina for mentioning me. That really makes my day.
smile.gif

And Diamond, you are one cool dude.
wink.gif

------------------
"I can resist everything except temptation."
Oscar Wilde

How the hell did I miss this thread? I haven't been around for a few days so that must be why.
smile.gif

Through Interference, I've made two really good friends. April was the first one to officially welcome me here (due to our shared Larry-love), and not too long after that she introduced me to ShelsRaging. These girls are here for me everyday, either to make me laugh or cheer me up (or join in with my sick and twisted sense of humor). And we all shared one of the greatest nights of my life, when April and I got Larry's drumsticks, so we'll forever share that bond. Thank you April and Kathleen, for being my friends (dammit Kathleen, you need to be closer to us!
wink.gif
)

I would also like to thank Diamond, for being
a genuinely good guy, who is always cheerful even though others tend to bust his chops a bit!
wink.gif
He also got to share part of another one of the greatest nights of my young life in Providence last Halloween. Also thanks for making me laugh, and being supportive of me.

I don't talk to many people outside of posting (not that I don't want to, guess I'm just shy, lol). But I've been getting to know Wannabe during the past few months. We've had some great talks, and hopefully we'll be able to get together sometime!
smile.gif

And there are many others who I don't know too well personally, but whose posts I enjoy either for their humor, intelligence, etc:

*Mrs. Edge
*Salome
*Skeek
*Sicy
*Spanish Eyes
*U2ME3
*Z edge
*Madonna's Child
*Bluey
*ACROB@T
*Bonochick
*Diemen
*Sula

Damn, there are many more but it's a been a long weekend and I'm just feeling a little fried at the moment (end of the semester stress!). I'd just like to say thanks to everyone who make this place so damn addicting and fun. And I'd like to thank U2 for enabling us to all come together!

Group hug!

biggrin.gif

------------------

Just as you find me
Always I will be
A little bit too free
With myself

[This message has been edited by ~LadyLemon~ (edited 04-16-2002).]

Back
Top Bottom