ok people, your help is needed (in a pay it forward kinda way)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
skeek...a true dedicated fan, someone who has always graced this place with kindness and witty responses. Not only is he always one of the people who's willing to answer any question regarding U2 and how to find this and that, he is open to find out our thoughts and opinions on things constantly. He has always asked our thoughts on his artwork and writing and this is something I admire greatly.

nicamom...Den Mother is right. She is always kind and considerate of others. She has put so much effort in the interf photo pages and she never seems to be fussed when another person asks how to get their pic on it.
Never a bad or cruel word has come from her 'typing fingers'
biggrin.gif

A lovely lovely lady.

bonovista...Not around as much anymore but still someone I'll always consider a big part of feedback. Her caring nature and compassion for people around her and in the world shone through all her posts. She always struck me as someone who really knows how to love- just from things I see her write on a message board - The love she gives to her children, and now the very obvious and beautiful love she has for her hubby, Paul.

Group hugs everyone in this forum
Hugging-Smilie.gif

------------------
Reality is merely an illusion, albeit a very persistent one.
-Albert Einstein

Great idea Angela !Okay here are mine:

-ZooGrl: Well I have known her for 5 years now. She's a very good friend of mine, one of the kindest and most considerate person I know.

-Mrs Edge. She has put so much time and effort into the stories for PLEBA girls. Her posts are always adorable, she's always there to give me advice, the gifts that she has sent me have given me so much joy. She really is a sweet gal.

-Gina Marie: She's very sweet, she always provides PLEBA girls with new and cool pictures, she's got a great sense of humor.

-Deathbear: He's really cool and witty, very funny to talk too and very very nice.

-madamc: I love her sense of humor and she's very cool. Always interesting to talk to..(even though I haven't talked to her in a while
frown.gif
)

I had forgotten some people !

-Bonovista: Even though I haven't talked to her in a while (must be busy with her Scotsman
wink.gif
) she is one of the first people with whom I started to chat with at Interference. She's very nice and very funny.

-Bluey: I really really wish I could write witty stories like she does. She's very sweet also.

-Even though I haven't heard from him in ages and I don't think he posts here anymore but Holy John ! A fellow Quebecquer and very interesting to talk to.

------------------
"I can resist everything except temptation."
Oscar Wilde

[This message has been edited by Naya (edited 04-12-2002).]

does it have to be just one? and considering I don't really 'know' anyone here at all, you're all eligible

Lilly..I think your opinions are cool and it's nice to hear from someone my own age. plus you stand up for who you are and aren't afraid of it.

Salome, I've said it before but your posts always make me laugh. plus you are a kind and caring person

kobayashi...don't really know you but you are a hockey fan!! and you are also a kind + considerate person

Wanderer and foray...you two both have absolutely the coolest stuff to say all the time, your poetry is incredible, and you are both very, very kind people

U2girl...cos you've taken a lot of crap and you still have a good heart. don't ever give that up girl

April..you seem like a very sweet person who always has something nice to say to someone else

deathbear, you are a very kind and sensitive guy. plus your posts make me laugh and I love laughing

my sis Manda for always being a sweetheart

betty for always chatting with me and putting up with my barage of stupid questions at times

Angela Harlem, who had the awesome idea of starting this thread...you have the best attitude on life. plus I've heard you like Bush in which case you rock!!
biggrin.gif

------------------
I sing beneath the shadow of your wings...

Wow! So many replies! hehe

I kinda feel a bit stingy now cos I only said one person. So I want to add Anthony. I dont think he reads here very much, but I want to say that I think he is a great guy and he is someone I admire a lot. So kind, warm, generous, intelligent. A very strong person too.

Like you guys, I could really sit here for ages and list you all one by one. I have made so manmy great friends here, I want you to know that I appreciate you all so much!

Ok, Im getting really corny now
biggrin.gif
I'll stop!

A few who aren't really around anymore, but I hope they read.

Bacchus, is a very talented and caring fella. You guys should take a look at his poetry in Dream Out Loud. He gets very enthusiastic about everything and even writes his own music. Hope things are looking up for him now.

ishkash, one of the few people I really started talking to on the forum. We had a great cultural exchange in the Discotheque board, and he told me all sorts of things about India and I told him about Malaysia, etc. I still remember the psychedelic poem he posted in DOL; when he writes poetry, it is short but very concise and vivid. Glad he's enjoying life in Melbourne now.

tomtom. Who can forget his hilarious thread where he posed as his mother and reported to the forum about her son's mania with U2? Hahaha! Hope he comes back.

********. I've always been fond of him from the start. I appreciate how he shared his Kubrick enthusiasm with everyone and how it spread. He's still in my prayers.

```````````````````````
Others who are still here:

Anthony. Actually, Angie, this thread shouldn't be confined to the Confessionals; it's such a fantastic idea. Anyway, if Anthony does meander here, I wanna say thanks for the e-mail exchanges and I am saving my next e-mail for when I finally watch Howard's End. Anthony's got a real heart of gold. He's the kind of person who can see beauty in a pile of trash, and that is why he is gonna make a terrific writer.

melon. Even though at times I think he craves sympathy, other times I really appreciate his points of view as well as the tongue-in-cheek humour he's brought to the forum, esp with GOP-Ctrlled Whortense. I always have to keep in mind that he is in fact very different in real life (as he told me), cos I was getting worried that he was too depressed all the time. Anyway, I am glad for this individual who consciously tries to make the world better. I also much appreciated his posts after Sept 11 happened, as he was one of the few Americans who felt like I did.

brettig is one of the nicest guys here. Last person you'd expect to get b*nned. Always the first to help and offer encouragement. Best of all, he is betty <g>.

Wanderof is someone whose threads I always open due to their grotesque and perverse content. (Perhaps that says something about me, too.)

truecoloursfly is always so positive and caring. I get the feeling she smiles a lot.

popsadie writes great poetry, I wish she'd sit herself down and write more, for my sake
tongue.gif

Eh, that is enough mush for one week. Blech, goodnight.

foray

------------------
so bounce, basketball, bounce

That's funny. The person who appears as ******** is in fact... Son of Peare/Orannge Dove/The Greeat Stanly K that I typed out. I didn't know even typing his handle was disallowed. That's ridiculous, please.

post-script: And perhaps the mods can carbon copy this nice little thread in FYM or something.

foray

[This message has been edited by foray (edited 04-12-2002).]

This is a really lovely thread.
smile.gif
I'm almost afraid to post in it for fear of forgetting someone or slighting anyone. There are SO many people I could talk about and for ages too. Must be what happens when you hang out here for two years. lol.

In any case...I would just like to mention one very special interferencer that I haven't seen here yet.

Michael Griffiths

Any of you who were around in the early days of the forum will probably agree with me when I say that Michael's contributions to this community were always positive, intelligent and thought-provoking. From the album title discussions to intense lyric analysis, Michael always managed to convey his warmth, good humour and general bonhomie. He's not around much right now (to the loss of us all), but I hope he knows that he's left his mark on this place and on many of us individually. So here's to Mr. Griffiths! (and someday we will finish the U2 wedding song list
wink.gif
)

-sula

EVERYONE, and I know that sounds like a simple, easy way out, but think about it: this place would not be the same if any 1 individual (even deathbear) were missing.

~U2Alabama

Originally posted by U2Bama:
EVERYONE, and I know that sounds like a simple, easy way out, but think about it: this place would not be the same if any 1 individual (even deathbear) were missing.

~U2Alabama

do you mean 1 deathbear (out of all his many incarnations) or the person behind the deathbears?
wink.gif

*Za enjoys this thread*

next on my list...
basstrap..he turned up here tonight and reminded me that he's always been a friendly and cool member of the forum. No nonsense boy who plays bass guitar. A sweetie and someone I always thought was a lovely feedback member.
smile.gif

christi...i really shouldn't cause she's my lil sis but everyone else has been doing friends. Christiana is one of the youngest and sweetest members of this board. She NEVER has a bad word to say about anyone or anything and her happy go lucky nature always puts a smile on her face. She's also abotu the only non Aussie who is on the board at the same time we are, so I think we Aussies should just make her an honourary Aussie. Haha poor kid

whatabomb...the happiest and bubbliest Englishman ive ever come across lol
His comments are always friendly, happy and a little cheeky. He's put a smile on my face many a time and i always thought of him as someone who definteily would be a lovely person.
I also always loved his username
biggrin.gif

Ninth: i knew i forgot to add to my list -

all the people with positive replies when my pics came out in the open. That really felt very special.
smile.gif

Ten: If i absolutely HAVE to pick just one person that stood out in the best meaning of the word possible, it's the author of this thread. For her constant support and good spirit towards me, and one of the warmest, kindest, happy-making emails i ever got.

Originally posted by BabyGrace:
U2girl...cos you've taken a lot of crap and you still have a good heart. don't ever give that up girl

WOW, what'd i do to deserve this?

Babygrace... you're one of the kindest people around here. We don't interact very often, but when we do, it's always something good and interesting happening.

*pass them tissues now*

I belive I am going to add Angela to this list. First of all for calling me "a smart one." Secondly for making this thread.

Whilst I'm at it, I want to add melon. I like melon. melon seems to have no fear, and I admire that.

Originally posted by Angela Harlem:
Kobayashi.

I have to say, I dont know kobewon very well. Only his posts. But he is funny, polite, he has a good knack of keeping it real, he is one of those people who's threads I will open simply cos he is the author.

So thanks Kobe!

smile.gif

thank you very much, Angela. I don't believe I've had the pleasure to have met you either. You have just made my day tho
smile.gif

------------------
> > >

this thread rawks and is the best break from this evening
biggrin.gif

scatteroflight has always been one of my faves. her posts strike me as very insightful and thought out.
screaming flower is also always entertaining, especially in io with her jimmy choo shoes, whatever the hell those are
biggrin.gif

but in reality: props to everyone here! this place is great
biggrin.gif

------------------
> > >

Wow! What an inspiring, wonderful thread this is!
smile.gif
It's true though, it's so hard to single people out without forgetting someone. Anyway, I will mention a few people, some that I never speak to but admire from afar, and some who have simply made life worth living:

CatDubh: She was the first person to welcome me to this forum, and I haven't ever forgotten it. I also think she is just so cool. Cat, your story is coming soon, I promise.
smile.gif

NicaMom: I think she was the 2nd person to welcome me, and I think the work she does on that scrapbook is amazing and so generous.

Melon: I think he is brilliant, courageous and I admire him enormously.

Zone: A total sweetie, I wish we were in touch much more often!

Gina Marie: I haven't spoken to her in ages and miss her!

bluey: the funniest person I have ever met. I miss her too!

Sweetest Thing: It's so great to find another ballet/U2 junkie!!!

I also adore all the Pleba girls (and certain pleba boys too!), it would be insane to list everyone that I want to, but they all know how much I value their friendship and appreciate their freedback on my stories. They really are the most supportive, loving group of people you could ever meet.

Finally though (and then I'm done gushing, I swear!) I want to mention Disco, Olive, April, Naya, icelady, spinning and drumkeeran. I can't imagine how I ever got through life without them, they are the best friends anyone could have. ((((HUGS))))

[This message has been edited by Mrs. Edge (edited 04-12-2002).]

certainly a great idea for a thread.

alright, i wont get into specifics. all of you know if your my friends or not, and if you think we arent then maybe one day we will. id rather not though, since i still think this place is an in-escapable disease.

so to all my lovely cyber-friends, *tips hat

thank you for all the wonderful things done for me. it means alot, thanks.

ok my turn

id like to say a kind word for the following chaps n chapesses

Travu2 - really nice guy, always has an interesting thing to say, havent seen him recently and i hope hes around somewhere, gday if u see this!

tiny dancer - youre always positive, helpful and cheery, certainly a quiet achiever round these parts.
smile.gif

Blue Room - The ultimate authority on U2 boots, and has always been very helpful in providing info to those who need it, glad youre a part of the forum, perhaps u could write a U2 boot bible to rival FLOM
wink.gif

scatteroflight - get back to DOL! always admired your poetry, your nickname, and your steadfast ideas on POP, not that i agree with them!
biggrin.gif

LuvLady - fellow aussie, a powderfinger fan (yay!) and a sandgroper, your musical opinions are always very insightful, good to see uve found the right guy!

now for some folks i chat to a bit but i think they deserve a mention...

zoomerang II - great guy, globetrotting aussie and kangaroos fan till the end! Your posts have always been full of insight and aussie wisdom (yes such a thing does exist)

bono_man - ok doing lots of aussies here but this guy is a geordie 1st and last
biggrin.gif
tremendous to share this place with a fellow fan, and hes a really fine bloke too
smile.gif

bullet the blue sky - well i havent chatted to him in ages and if hes out there id like to again sometime! But I really appreciate hearing from him, he knows his stuff and has always made me laugh. if youre out there, id like to chat to u again!

crzy4bono - fantastic person, HUGE cricket fan
biggrin.gif
and was incredibly helpful to me in a time of need awhileback. Your recent U2 encounter was richly deserved!

Foxxern - weve shared ups and down in our studies recently, and hes very graceful when it comes to the Chicago Cubs
biggrin.gif

more later mebbe...

[This message has been edited by brettig (edited 04-13-2002).]

Christi...you are such a sweet girl; I don't think I've ever heard you say anything bad about anybody, you're always upbeat and positive, and always ready to drop kind remarks to make people feel better when they're down. Plus you're posting constantly in your second language (I think). How do you do that?! that alone is admirable to me
biggrin.gif

so hugs to you lil sis, I wish we had time to chat once in awhile.

I'm doing one of these a day from now on, they make me feel good inside...thanks Ang!!

Originally posted by bono_man:
Diamond,
All I know about you is from your posts. You cop alot of shit from a few people and its great to see you take it all in good humour. The ability for you to laugh at yourself and allow others to do the same is a good asset and its a shame more people in the world dont have it. As we'd say down here in Oz, you a good sport!
biggrin.gif

BonoMan-
Thank you for your kind words.
Angela-
Brillant thread.

This is kinda like the Acadamey Awards when people are thanking ea.other.

So I will attempt to list a few more people.
IF I forget you please DO NOT take it personally.

First off, "I wanna thank the acadamey" -jk

Anyway-

Mr Lemon-just a cool cat and a neat kid, always kind to me.

CureHP -Harry is a great fan who Ive dialouge w/tremendously.

Mug222-This person knows why. Thats all I kind say.

Dr Who-Simple expressive eloquence.

SweetestThing-A sweet soul

ABEL-Love those hugs.

Salome-An unassuming aloof funny fellow.

U2ME3-A great guy,and righteous indivual.

80sBest-A great great person. Thoughtful and well read.

DeathBear-Shut up -yes you also, for balance.

ZEdge-For his orginality and not afraid of being vunerable.

Diemen-For his insightfulness.

Hewson-His name says it all.

Follower-A lovely lovely person.

Joyfulgirl-Nice person.

Jezebel-Cool person.

HelloAngel-A classy multifacted cool person.

LadyLemon-For her being genuine and terrific.

Disco-For her warmth and compassion.

JesseU2- For his patience,and teaching me so so much about life.

U2Girl-For her innocent blissfulness.

Mrs Edge- Just a supercool person.

Boston Bono-A righteous cat.

Bubba-Warrior#1

Lemonite-Warrior#2

TrueColorsFly- A sweet sweet soul and excellent writer.

Desire For Bono-Another cool person.

BonoVista- Same as above. And very fair and open-minded.

Melon-For his thoughtfulness and brillance.

U2Bama-Witful and artful

GypsyHeartGirl-A wonderful person w/a kind kind soul.

Naya-Just a cool chick.

Elvis- Just because of who he is. His fairness

SpainishEyes-For his kindness. Never says a mean word to anyone and a great writer and fan.

Sula- This lady is a walking encyclopedia of U2 knowledge.

Blue Eyes-Awesome person.

Party Girl-Another cool and balanced person.

SadEyedLady-A very very real person.

Bebe-She's great. A mature kid for her age.

Angel- A humble beautiful and honest person.

PopAngel-Supercool person

MissMac- A very sweet person

PubCrawler-A cool cat.

SirEliV8-Great bootlegs and a righteous Brit.

Sicy-For keeping my ego in check and always bringing me back down to earth.

Thats all for now.
If I missed you , I'll come back later.

Peace Out
Diamond

[This message has been edited by Diamond The U2 Patriot (edited 04-13-2002).]

I didn't make Diamond's list! *sigh*

Nobody loves me.
tongue.gif
biggrin.gif

------------------
"I'm nearly great, but there's something missing..."

ok...

AH - Thanks for posting such a nice thread and for helping reek havoc in here from time to time.

Zoomanda - Thanks for keeping my on my toes and allowing me to roast you on every possible occasion
biggrin.gif
Thanks for listening to my shit and putting up with me too!

Betty - To a fellow magpies supporter and a fine bloke too! Good to have you around again matey.

Angel - I did you before but thanks again anyway!

Desert Rose - Thankyou

------------------
"we're free to fly the crimson sky...the sun won't melt our wings tonight..."

Originally posted by Sicy:
I'd like to take a moment to give some props to DiGi and muh2o. Both of them offered to help me during a frustrating time for me and it really meant a lot. And... they are both very giving people which I think is so quality, considering we are pretty much all strangers here. You guys rock.

Such nice words Sicy. Thanks, your a rock star.

OK, so I have to turn around and give a shout out back to Sicy and one to BB218 and Bri2k. Thank you for sharing your U2 collections with all of us.

I have to give big ups to Elizabeth. Eliz, I consider you one of my best friends and I think you are a flat out awesome person. See you soon.

To everyone else who I do not know real well, thanks for putting a smile on my face everyday and feeding my U2 addiction.

- DiGi

I'd like to give thanks to some very friendly female members. If it hadn't been for the warm greets of Sicy, Calluna, Like O2, Bonochick, PopAngel and LadyLemon I'd have never come out of lurking!

I really appreciate all the people that put up with my random IMs too, hehe. ie: brettig, angela, zooropamanda, SKeeK, hippy, Mona and anyone else prolly know's who they are.

Back
Top Bottom