ok, here's another one...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

popkidu2

War Child
Hey Big One...yeah, i know, its me again. i dunno, i just thought id drop in and say hi. whats that? oh, my confessions. errrm, well, i dont know that i have any. lemee think. oops, yeah, i guess i do. i drink alone, just like george thurogood...how DO you spell that dudes name? anyway, ive drunk alone, like he sings. but i dont knwo that i prefer to drink alone, like he sings. but a beer or two or five alone sometimes. very rarely. i dont really drink that much anymore, not since i left college. i used to drink a lot, when i was in college. but not so much anymore. the guiness is good, but, as my friend likes to say, give you the black tar poo. yuck, i know. oh sorry, thats probably not the right thing to be talking about in confession. sorry Big One...right, back to the task on hand. man, im still getting a hang of this thing so dont push me too hard. i havent actually done anything really bad recently. im not such a bad guy i guess. maybe im a saint, like val kilmer in the movie? yeah, can i be a saint Big One? do i need to be a catholic, or can i just be a non religious saint? cause im perfect. oh wait, thats pride isnt it? so i cant think im perfect, even though i am? i gotta be humble. well isnt that just....oops, gotta run. ill finish this later Big One.....

Ooh, you set off my paradox alarm just at the end there...
What if you were perfect, and up for saint-hood... except from what my paradox alarm tells me, that's flat-out impossible (okay, so I don't believe in impossible, it's darn darn tricky)... cos if you're perfect, you can't go around saying you're perfect cos that's prideful, as popkidu2 said... but you can't go around saying you're NOT perfect, cos you are and that'd be lying... but if you were lying you're not perfect so you wouldn't be lying when you said you were but if you said it you'd be prideful and thus not perfect and WHO ELSE HAS A HEADACHE?!
*puff gasp*
Maybe all the perfect people just shut up and meditate on mountains and not say anything... yeah, that makes more sense.
smile.gif

(spot the Star Trek fan who spends too much time thinking about all those time-loop-paradox episodes!)

no wait...i aint done...i think. what was i saying. oh yeah, im a saint, but im not, but it doesnt matter now. anyhoo Big Cahuna, heres my big secret, i mean my *big* secret. you ready? are you sitting down for this one? ok. here it is.....<whispers> i go to movies alone, and i like it. yeah, thats right. i go to movies alone all the time. people look at me funny sometimes but i dont care. i mean, fuck em right. oops. i guess thats another sin. sorry. yeah, movies alone. its fun. i dont have to worry about dealing with other people in the group. i dont have to buy anyone else tickets. i dont have to wait for them to buy their food. i dont have to secure a seat or ten for them. i dont have to deal with them being late....i hate being late. i get to sit whereever i want. its great. really. when im with my friends movies are ok, but theyre better alone. i guess thats it for now. later Big Cahuna. chat with ya later.

Back
Top Bottom