Oficially an old party pooper!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

FitzChivalry

Rock n' Roll Doggie VIP PASS
At the bottom of the ocean, in the deepest sea
So it's official. I'm old and a party pooper. :(

My good friend's birthday party tonight. I picked up a mutual friend who was sick (and whom doesn't drive), but wanted to still go. But he asked if I would take him home early because he wasn't feeling well.

So we get to the party, I had a couple drinks and I was having a really good time. But then I stopped drinking alcohol b/c I knew I had to eventually drive our sick friend home. So I got sobered and then took our sick friend home.

So by the time I get back to the party, everyone is pretty drunk and having a good time, and there I am sober and just not feeling it. I tried to join in the fun, but the feeling was just gone and I wasn't having a good time.

I knew I would catch hell from everyone for leaving so early if I said formal goodbyes, so I quietly slipped out the front door and made a dash for my car.

Now I am home in my jammies and going to watch some "Donnie Darko" and go to bed.

I feel bad for leaving my friend's party w/o saying goodbye, but they were all having a good time, so I think it will be fine.

But, boy, do I sure feel like an old party pooper right about now. :reject:

No, you're not.
You took care of a friend who wasn't feeling well and taking him home was the right thing to do.
There can be more to a party than just being completely drunk. Maybe the reason why you didn't get "into it" after returning are the people at this party, not you.
It has nothing to do with age, maybe just different views about what a party should be like.
Personally, I have a problem with people that think that fun is only possible if you're drunk. Don't people get along when they're sober?

You're not a party pooper. You just helped out your sick friend this time, nothing wrong with that? There will be other parties, and then you can just relax and have a really good time, without having to worry about leaving early or anything :)

Dude, I give you credit for going to the party and then going back after tending to your friend. I probably wouldn't have even gone out in the first place! I love nights in. :heart:

Just think too you don't have to deal with that awful headache today lol.

:yes: I feel great today, and I heard from a friend this morning that they're all super hung over. :lol:

Dude, I give you credit for going to the party and then going back after tending to your friend. I probably wouldn't have even gone out in the first place! I love nights in. :heart:

Once I got back to the party, I could've started really drinking and catching up . . . but I didn't want to spend the night passed out on the floor, and I knew if I started drinking, then I'd have to wait even longer to sober up if I wanted to go home, and there's always that risk that you're not as sober as you think you are.

I guess I just got sort of cranky and didn't feel it was worth it. So I left. :shrug:

And I'm sure JanuaryStar is right . . . there will be other parties. :)

When you start drinking the same time as your friends, you don't realize how people act, because you are buzzed/drunk right along with them.
But when you aren't drinking, you see how absolutely crazy/ridiculous/out of control/silly/irresponsible/etc...people can be.
I have been on both sides.
And while being drunk was something I enjoyed...
it was the times I was sober and others were drunk, that I realized how I looked to sober people when I was drunk,
and it makes me cringe.

I hate (most) parties.

Older and party poopier than you.

The best part is, I feel good about this. :up:

. . . There will be other parties, and then you can just relax and have a really good time, without having to worry about leaving early or anything :)

Well, January Star was right, the next part was FABULOUS! My friend's 25th birthday party on an English-style Double-Decker bus.

And I wasn't the Designated Driver this time, so my ass could drink and party . . . and I did! :D

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom