Official Thoughts/Prayers Needed Thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I've been pretty quiet around here lately, but just asking for some prayers/good thoughts for my step-brother-in-law. He beat colon cancer, but has recently been diagnosed with liver cancer, and lost his mother quite suddenly on the same day as his diagnosis. :slant:

Thank you kindly. :wave: :)

more :hug: . . . how is he doing kaf?

Thank you, everybody. :hug:

I think I have a job lead.

AHH!!...? I hope I get it. It's an aide-type job with disabled kids (older ones).

There aren't enough exclamation points in the world to express what I feel like right now. Just...I...I'm going to explode or something.

!!!!! :hyper: !!!!!

:) best of luck to you!!!!!!!!!!

Thoughts and prayers to my sister, who just moved back to Indiana from Virginia, even though they really didn't want to. Then one of her cats died the day after they got back, and was only five years old. :sad:

aw Purrl :( poor little kitty :hug: and a bunch more for your sister and for you :hug:

I don't know exactly what's going on, but I do know my friend, Lauren, really needs prayer right now.

Well, she's my sister's friend, but we definitely get along very well. Anyways, my sister, two of her friends, and three of my cousins all got pregnant at about the same time, so it's been baby city around here, but I just woke up to find several text messages from my sister saying she needed to talk to me, and I became very afraid that she'd lost the baby or something had happened with her boyfriend.

Those fears were ungrounded, apparently Lauren's the one who is likely to lose the baby. There isn't enough amniotic fluid, the kidneys are enlarged and the lungs are too small. There is apparently only a 10% chance of the baby surviving if it even makes it full term, and even then, it's likely the baby will have serious problems.

Tomorrow she's going in to have the birth induced. They're going to try and save it, but it's only 20 weeks. I'm praying for some kind of miracle, but if the baby just would not have made it, clearly God's taking it away to peace. I just pray that Lauren will be OK and find a way to safely cope.

Anyways, it's nice to have a place to post in when something's really hard to deal with. Thanks for being here, guys. :hug:

I apparently never came back here and said what happened, but she did lose the baby, and she seemed pretty shaken by the whole thing, BUT, I'm here with good news! She's pregnant again :). Praying things turn out well this time.

I apparently never came back here and said what happened, but she did lose the baby, and she seemed pretty shaken by the whole thing, BUT, I'm here with good news! She's pregnant again :). Praying things turn out well this time.

Best wishes to your friend, and prayers that all goes well this time. :heart:

Update on my friend: I was able to visit him a couple of weeks ago and he looked a wreck. I guess he had a bad day before. So speed up to this week and he has been let go from the hospital only to have to go back again because a clot was found in his heart. :crack: He's been let go today and is now on the priority list for a transplant. Good thoughts and prayers that he gets one soon.

Thank you for the hugs. :hug: I barely even know my step-brother-in-law, but I keep in touch with my step-sister and she keeps us all posted. It must be gut-wrenching for her, yet she stays positive and grateful for the present moment. That's a beautiful thing. :)

My 82-year-old aunt in Virginia (she's my mom's only sister--we lost Mom 10 years ago) has been diagnosed with a malignant tumor on her trachea which is causing her trouble breathing. It is non-operable, since it has also adhered to her aorta. They are going to try to shrink the tumor with radiation to ease her breathing. I wish so much I were nearer so I could help out. All thoughts and prayers for her very much appreciated! :sad:

My 82-year-old aunt in Virginia (she's my mom's only sister--we lost Mom 10 years ago) has been diagnosed with a malignant tumor on her trachea which is causing her trouble breathing. It is non-operable, since it has also adhered to her aorta. They are going to try to shrink the tumor with radiation to ease her breathing. I wish so much I were nearer so I could help out. All thoughts and prayers for her very much appreciated! :sad:

:hug:

Oh wow, how awful. :( Prayers for healing and comfort for her. :hug:

:( :hug: and peaceful thoughts for you all lovely, that's just awful :hug:

She starts radiation this coming Sunday. Sure hope it helps. She has always been "a fighter", and I hope she continues to be. She and her older brother (who is 91) are the only ones left out of my mom's siblings.

^ :hug: to you and your family, MsPurrl.

Well, my step-brother-in-law had a new scan that showed a tumour in his lungs. :( The original prognosis of 2 years at most no longer stands. My step-sister is understandably devastated.

^ :hug: to you and your family, MsPurrl.

Well, my step-brother-in-law had a new scan that showed a tumour in his lungs. :( The original prognosis of 2 years at most no longer stands. My step-sister is understandably devastated.

Oh, man, kaf--so sorry to hear that! :sad: I have two friends who lost their husband about the same time a couple of months ago, one to liver cancer, the other to pancreatic. Now the husband of another friend has just been diagnosed with prostate cancer, which fortunately has not spread anywhere else yet. Cancer is a bitch! :angry:

Thoughts and prayers to all. :hug:

Back
Top Bottom