Official Thoughts/Prayers Needed Thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I don't know exactly what's going on, but I do know my friend, Lauren, really needs prayer right now.

Well, she's my sister's friend, but we definitely get along very well. Anyways, my sister, two of her friends, and three of my cousins all got pregnant at about the same time, so it's been baby city around here, but I just woke up to find several text messages from my sister saying she needed to talk to me, and I became very afraid that she'd lost the baby or something had happened with her boyfriend.

Those fears were ungrounded, apparently Lauren's the one who is likely to lose the baby. There isn't enough amniotic fluid, the kidneys are enlarged and the lungs are too small. There is apparently only a 10% chance of the baby surviving if it even makes it full term, and even then, it's likely the baby will have serious problems.

Tomorrow she's going in to have the birth induced. They're going to try and save it, but it's only 20 weeks. I'm praying for some kind of miracle, but if the baby just would not have made it, clearly God's taking it away to peace. I just pray that Lauren will be OK and find a way to safely cope.

Anyways, it's nice to have a place to post in when something's really hard to deal with. Thanks for being here, guys. :hug:

:hug::hug::hug: Hugs to everyone!:hug::hug::hug:

Last weekend, a little girl at the school I work at lost her battle with brain cancer. Her family, friends and school community are suffering from the loss of a beautiful little girl. I had the chance to teach her numerous times as a substitute teacher, and I really can't believe that she is gone. Any prayers that can be sent this way would be appreciated.

I'm so sorry for all struggling with such devastating things.

Sending :hug::hug::hug:s and prayers.

I was sexually assaulted by an ex-boyfriend and am fearful that I'll never be able to trust someone else ever again.

It'll be 3 years in July. Thank God I have a bunch of U2 concerts then to take my mind off of it.

:hug: I don't know what to say, other than I'm sorry and I hope you find a way through it :hug:

My 95 year old grandmother is getting a pacemaker today to help with her chronic fatigue and heart palpitations. I know it's a routine procedure and she's tough for 95, but I still worry. Any good thoughts or prayers for healing would be eternally appreciated. :)

aww kaf :hug: sending buckets of happy, healing thoughts and prayers your way, and hers ~ how is she doing? :hug:

May I add my voice to the I-hate-cancer brigade? Hate it, a thousand times over, and the suffering it causes many, along with their loved ones. :hug:

aww kaf :hug: sending buckets of happy, healing thoughts and prayers your way, and hers ~ how is she doing? :hug:
She's sounding well, from the last time I spoke with her. I might call her again today. I'm just so happy she's out of the hospital and that this proceedure may extend and enhance her life. :heart: I can't wait to see her in a couple of weeks. :)

Please pray for my aunt. My cousin posted on Facebook this evening that her mom had to be airlifted to the hospital because she had some vessels burst in her brain. I don't know what is going on right now or how she's doing. This is the aunt I stayed with when I went to see U2 in Winnipeg just recently. I'm really concerned because I know that that condition is usually very serious and I wish I knew what was happening.

One of my uncles flew up there overnight; he called early this morning and said that my aunt is in the ICU and that the bleeding is in one of the temporal lobes. The doctors said that they can't do anything until the swelling in her brain goes down, and they aren't expecting a good outcome at this point.

One of my uncles flew up there overnight; he called early this morning and said that my aunt is in the ICU and that the bleeding is in one of the temporal lobes. The doctors said that they can't do anything until the swelling in her brain goes down, and they aren't expecting a good outcome at this point.

So scary! :hug::hug::heart::hug::hug::heart::hug::hug::heart::hug::hug: I hope she does get better.

Thanks, everyone. My cousin said last night that her mom is stable and is actually doing better. The doctors are trying to determine what to do next. I think they're going to do surgery for sure, but they don't know yet how extensive it needs to be. I am just so glad to hear that she is improving, even if it's only a little.

Here's an update on my aunt. She's supposed to have surgery in a week to repair the damaged blood vessels in her brain; the doctors want her to build up her strength and there's a clot in there that needs to dissipate first. She's stable for the moment, but has had ups and downs.

It turns out that when she was born, her blood vessels grew into a tangled mass; when this happens, the vessels weaken with age and eventually burst, but there's no way to know this beforehand. She was at home and suddenly had a bad headache and started vomiting and feeling dizzy. My cousin was there and drove her to the hospital. The doctors said that if my aunt had been home alone, she most likely would have died or would have been paralyzed.

My uncles and cousins have been keeping us updated, and they said that she doesn't seem to have any brain damage, except her vision is a little blurry, and that she is awake most of the time and has even walked around a little. She still has her good days and bad days, but it's really a miracle that she is doing as well as she is, considering the severity of this condition! Thank you for your prayers; I believe that they really make a difference! We're praying now that she will make it through surgery and that she will be well enough to even have surgery next week.

Here's an update on my aunt. She's supposed to have surgery in a week to repair the damaged blood vessels in her brain; the doctors want her to build up her strength and there's a clot in there that needs to dissipate first. She's stable for the moment, but has had ups and downs.

It turns out that when she was born, her blood vessels grew into a tangled mass; when this happens, the vessels weaken with age and eventually burst, but there's no way to know this beforehand. She was at home and suddenly had a bad headache and started vomiting and feeling dizzy. My cousin was there and drove her to the hospital. The doctors said that if my aunt had been home alone, she most likely would have died or would have been paralyzed.

My uncles and cousins have been keeping us updated, and they said that she doesn't seem to have any brain damage, except her vision is a little blurry, and that she is awake most of the time and has even walked around a little. She still has her good days and bad days, but it's really a miracle that she is doing as well as she is, considering the severity of this condition! Thank you for your prayers; I believe that they really make a difference! We're praying now that she will make it through surgery and that she will be well enough to even have surgery next week.

Best thoughts and prayers for you and your family continuing to be given. I hope everything works out for the best and your Aunt can go home safe and sound soon. :)

:hug:

Here's another update:

My aunt has beaten the odds and the doctors sent her home! She's going to have a radiation treatment in a few months to destroy the problem blood vessels. They decided not to do surgery because there was a 100% chance of vision impairment as a side effect. In the meantime, she is recovering at home and doing better every day. It really is amazing. Thanks for all your prayers, everyone! :hug:

Back
Top Bottom