Official Thoughts/Prayers Needed Thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
It was hard, very hard. Same exact "ceremony station" as for my Grandpa last Sept. and for my Grandma earlier this year. I've been to that damn cemetery memorial-service station more times than I have been to New York!

I lost it when they presented the folded flag to my Aunt. I kept flashing back to last September when they presented my Grandpa's folded flag to my Grandma. The difference being: my Grandma was 87 at the time, and my Aunt is over 30 years younger than that. Too young. Much, much too young to be a widow.

I kept seeing in my mind my Grandpa's pale-blue coffin, my Grandma in her wheelchair being presented the folded flag, my Grandpa being gone, my Aunt and Uncle sitting on the benches in front on one side, while my Dad and Mom sat on the benches in front on the other side, and us grandkids on the benches just behind our respective parents. Then half-a-year later my Grandma following my Grandpa into that grave. And now my Uncle: he's not sitting on the bench beside my Aunt at her parents funerals, giving her love and support. No, he's in the cemetery, different grave. My Aunt looked so small and frail being presented that flag.

It's just shitty, any way you look at it.

I keep coming back to the same phrase: My heart feels so heavy.

It was hard, very hard. Same exact "ceremony station" as for my Grandpa last Sept. and for my Grandma earlier this year. I've been to that damn cemetery memorial-service station more times than I have been to New York!

I lost it when they presented the folded flag to my Aunt. I kept flashing back to last September when they presented my Grandpa's folded flag to my Grandma. The difference being: my Grandma was 87 at the time, and my Aunt is over 30 years younger than that. Too young. Much, much too young to be a widow.

I kept seeing in my mind my Grandpa's pale-blue coffin, my Grandma in her wheelchair being presented the folded flag, my Grandpa being gone, my Aunt and Uncle sitting on the benches in front on one side, while my Dad and Mom sat on the benches in front on the other side, and us grandkids on the benches just behind our respective parents. Then half-a-year later my Grandma following my Grandpa into that grave. And now my Uncle: he's not sitting on the bench beside my Aunt at her parents funerals, giving her love and support. No, he's in the cemetery, different grave. My Aunt looked so small and frail being presented that flag.

You have a way with words, Ethan--keep talking about how you feel. It really does help, trust me. :hug:

Fitz . . . no words :sad: just sending lots and lots of :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug:

Please pray for my cousin. She is very depressed and said to my grandma at Christmas that life isn't worth living. Grandma told me yesterday that my cousin is going to live with a family friend in Delaware. My cousin said that she wants to get as far away from her home as she can, and I am glad for her that she can have a chance to make a fresh start. I just hope that it all works out and she can find fulfillment and joy again.

Thoughts and prayers going out to all the people and animals affected by the massive flooding in Queensland, Australia. Massive devastation of homes and livelihoods for so many but inspiring to see communities pulling together. Stay safe and strong my fellow Australians.

Thoughts and prayers for my cousin please. She has been battling a rare form of cancer for the past 6 years. Doctors have said there is nothing more they can do for her. We just found out today that she is back in the hospital in very serious condition :(.

Thoughts and prayers for my cousin please. She has been battling a rare form of cancer for the past 6 years. Doctors have said there is nothing more they can do for her. We just found out today that she is back in the hospital in very serious condition :(.

:hug::hug::hug::grouphug:

:hug: :hug: :hug:

I'm so sorry, Shannon. My best thoughts and prayers to you and your family.

:sad:
:pray::hug:

:hug::hug::hug:

Thoughts and prayers going out to you and your family. I know what you are going through. My cousin is also battling cancer as well and nothing can be really done for her.

Thank you everyone I appreciate it a lot. Last I heard they were going to release her from the hospital. Unfortunately nothing has changed :(

I'm really sorry about your cousin Julie :hug: :hug: Sending lots of thoughts to you and your cousin :hug: :hug:

Thank you everyone I appreciate it a lot. Last I heard they were going to release her from the hospital. Unfortunately nothing has changed :(

I'm really sorry about your cousin Julie :hug: :hug: Sending lots of thoughts to you and your cousin :hug: :hug:

Sorry hun. :hug:

I really wish I could say goodbye to my cousin but she lives out on the west coast. *sigh* They've now moved her into hospice.

Back
Top Bottom