Official Thoughts/Prayers Needed Thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Thank you guys. Mom's woken up with a bit cheerier disposition this morning, but she's still clearly hurting. But it made her smile when I told her there were people on here wishing her well :).

I wouldn't mind some prayers and good thoughts for a good friend of mine who just suffered a miscarriage. This is her second miscarriage, the first one was a couple of years ago and she was depressed about it. She is hysterical now. My friends and I are heading over to her place tomorrow in DC to spend the weekend with her, her first daughter and her husband. We're at a loss for words for her, because it feels like deja vu, but this time it's ten times worse, because they were really looking forward to this baby. Several weeks ago, the same friend had just learned that her mother has terminal cancer and the only thing to do would be to put her under hospice care. So when she told us about her pregnancy, she believed (and we did too) that there is still a silver lining with every dark cloud. And now the silver lining is gone. And I don't quite know what words could ever console her. Any advice on how to talk to her or even what I should do that would be helpful to her is appreciated too. Thanks.

I'm very much there with you and I'll send my prayers here way. My mother's last two pregnancies were miscarriages, and I hope I never have to deal with that heartache myself. It was just a very emotionally difficult period for everyone.

I wouldn't mind some prayers and good thoughts for a good friend of mine who just suffered a miscarriage. This is her second miscarriage, the first one was a couple of years ago and she was depressed about it. She is hysterical now. My friends and I are heading over to her place tomorrow in DC to spend the weekend with her, her first daughter and her husband. We're at a loss for words for her, because it feels like deja vu, but this time it's ten times worse, because they were really looking forward to this baby. Several weeks ago, the same friend had just learned that her mother has terminal cancer and the only thing to do would be to put her under hospice care. So when she told us about her pregnancy, she believed (and we did too) that there is still a silver lining with every dark cloud. And now the silver lining is gone. And I don't quite know what words could ever console her. Any advice on how to talk to her or even what I should do that would be helpful to her is appreciated too. Thanks.

such sad news. There's nothing really to say. Just be there for her. sending prayers your way.

My Uncle.

Prayers for my family, please. Especially for my Aunt and my three cousins, who are in so much pain right now.

Got the news yesterday morning. Looks like our family is about to go through another death very soon. That will make 3 major losses to our family in less than 15 months. I'm not really sure how much one family is expected to be able to take. :sad:

Back
Top Bottom