Official Thoughts/Prayers Needed Thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Phil's grandma died this morning. She was 94 years old (I think) and has been praying for death for some time because her husband and many friends are gone and her heart condition became too severe for her to live on her own anymore. When we visited her over the summer she told me she wanted to live two more weeks. So it is a sad thing, yet a good thing I suppose.

The husband/dad of a family from the church I grew up in and pretty close to my parents hung himself. Their youngest son was in my class through highschool and I knew him a bit from school and church. His parents have known mine for a long time and they were in a coffee group together. There is a long backstory, suffice to say he had been very troubled and struggling for the past few years (not sure what brought it on to begin with, as if it matters....). He was a very depressed alcoholic, never violent, just terribly withdrawn and a danger to himself and others (driving). Not only is his manor of death a major shock for us, but we had no idea what was going on or how bad it had gotten leading up to this. His family did all they could. His wife has been attending al-anon and therapy for a while now and doing everything right but he was just so checked out. She is a very strong, capable person but this will take a long time to swallow...

That's so awful, Lies. Sending good thoughts their way.

Needs prayers/good thoughts for my step-sister's husband. He recently finished chemo for stage 3 colon cancer, but just went for a scan and they found a spot on his liver. They're still waiting to find out what it is. It's pretty heart-wrenching for all.

:shifty:

i know i don't post in here, but yeah. a lot of shit's gone down in the past seven hours. i'd rather not go into details here, but i feel like my life is completely fucked. :sigh: i guess just please keep me in your thoughts that i don't wind up homeless or something. thanks.

Khan :hug: Liesje and Phil :hug:

My dear friend lost her boyfriend this week. He was killed in a workplace accident. So very sad as my friend has been having a very rough year already. She was really glowing with this relationship and the guy was so sincere, such a gentle country lad. If possible, could you send vibes of strength and prayers of hope to her and his family and friends. It is still such a shock, how fast someone can be there and then gone. Very frightening. I never had the chance to meet him, but he was one of the ones that let out a cheer when I called my brother when I announced Nick and my engagement.. and I saw how happy my friend was, she was glowing and full of life and doing things she'd never done before. It just makes me wonder, why him? Of course, noone knows. But why must the good pass away so early, when goodness is something that is vital in this day and age.

At any rate, my thoughts and prayers are with my friend and his friends and family.

:hug:

Just a prayer request for a relative who is battling a disease. He fights it, it comes back, fights, returns, etc; a vicious cycle. He's been thru a lot. he had some more biopsies yesterday & waiting for results. :pray:

My sweet little nephew is in the hospital. He had a cold for almost 2 weeks and it was going away but then he got a fever and his eye swelled up. They're running some tests but it looks like some sort of abscess under the skin between his eye and nose. He's going to have to stay in the hospital for a few days until they figure out what to do. I love this kid, he's so sweet and innocent and I'm so sad that he's going through this and I just hope he'll be ok. :sad:

My sweet little nephew is in the hospital. He had a cold for almost 2 weeks and it was going away but then he got a fever and his eye swelled up. They're running some tests but it looks like some sort of abscess under the skin between his eye and nose. He's going to have to stay in the hospital for a few days until they figure out what to do. I love this kid, he's so sweet and innocent and I'm so sad that he's going through this and I just hope he'll be ok. :sad:

:hug: Big hugs to you and the little one. It is so very sad and hard to see them go through anything that is painful. I hope everything goes smooth and the treatment is quick and painless. :hug:

Thanks guys. I appreciate the good thoughts. He might need surgery if antibiotics dont work. :( So I'm scared and kind of a wreck. I just feel so bad for him and want everything to be back to normal.

Aw thanks everyone for all the good vibes. It's very appreciated. :heart: I haven't checked this thread since the other day. I probably should have started a blog entry or something. Well he's still in the hospital.. allergic reaction to one antibiotic so now he's on another so he has to stay until they can be sure that one works. It looks like there is a good chance he wont need the surgery though, crossing my fingers. Gonna go see him tomorrow. We're really close and I miss him a lot. Cant wait until he gets out of there and gets back to normal.

Back
Top Bottom