Office ooops'!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
My mom works for a hotel, and she was commenting on how this guy's last name was Love. When the phone rang, my mom answered it, and instead of asking, "How may I help you?", she asked, "How may I love you?" :lol:

My worst phone goof still is when I accidentally said "I love you" at the end of a message I left for my boss.

Another good one that involves the phone...

The phone rang, and I brought the receiver up so fast that I whacked myself in the face with it. It really hurt, I actually yelled when it happened. Of course, it was my boss calling.

Bonochick said:
Another good one that involves the phone...

The phone rang, and I brought the receiver up so fast that I whacked myself in the face with it. It really hurt, I actually yelled when it happened. Of course, it was my boss calling.

:lmao: I'm SO glad I know someone else has done that!!!! I've done that twice at this job, the last time was actually yesterday!!!!!!!!!!! :lmao:

Bonochick said:
My mom works for a hotel, and she was commenting on how this guy's last name was Love. When the phone rang, my mom answered it, and instead of asking, "How may I help you?", she asked, "How may I love you?" :lol:

My worst phone goof still is when I accidentally said "I love you" at the end of a message I left for my boss.
:lmao: Seriously..

I haven't done anything like that.. yet :uhoh: I'm so scatter-brained, no doubt it will happen eventually.

I answered the phone one time "May I have you?"

And I learned never, never to return a customer phone call during the office Christmas party.

the other day at work I answered the phone at work and said "fine jewelry, this is Sears. how may i help you?" instead of saying my name :| (Sears is the name of the store). It was the HR manager calling and she laughed her ass off.

I seem to have a bad habit of ending work emails with "I love you"...I so used to sending my husband emails throughout the day it's just natural for me to sign them that way:rolleyes:

When I was at Starbucks I subbed in one day for a person at a drive-thru store...I was so used to asking any customers that ordered pastries at my store if they wanted a plate or a bag that I actually asked the person in the drive-thru, "Are you going to want that on a plate for here or to go?" Long silence. And then, "A bag would be just fine, thank you." So emabarrassing.

Dismantled said:
I seem to have a bad habit of ending work emails with "I love you"...I so used to sending my husband emails throughout the day it's just natural for me to sign them that way:rolleyes:

OMG!!!!! :lmao: :lmao: what kind of reply's have you gotten???

starsgoblue said:
When I was at Starbucks I subbed in one day for a person at a drive-thru store...I was so used to asking any customers that ordered pastries at my store if they wanted a plate or a bag that I actually asked the person in the drive-thru, "Are you going to want that on a plate for here or to go?" Long silence. And then, "A bag would be just fine, thank you." So emabarrassing.

:lmao: :lmao: :laugh: :laugh:

Kiki said:

OMG!!!!! :lmao: :lmao: what kind of reply's have you gotten???

it's so embarressing, people usually just reply "i love you too sweetie"..I want to crawl under a rock:|

:lmao:

I've done my fair share of stupid things, but I can't think of any specifics at the moment. I used to be a receptionist, and I know I made some pretty bad goofs.

I would even answer my home phone the way I'd answer it at work. One day I did that several times in a row. :reject: I really confused some of my friends! :lol:

I got reminded of this one today...

We had gotten a new phone system in at work, and I wasn't used to it yet. I thought one of my co-workers was calling me from her extension, so I answered all dorky, saying, "Yeeeeeeeeeeeeeees???" Well, it was actually a guy calling from an outside line...my co-worker had just transferred him to me. He just sat there in silence for a moment and finally asked, "Is this Katherine?" Um, yes...:reject:

:lmao:

once a call rang while i was in the middle of drinking a cup of coffee, and because i had the headphone things on it dropped right in, and i choked on my coffee and ended up gurgling it back up, right in the ear of the person calling - it would have sounded revolting! hahaha

they hung up :reject:

another time i worked in a call centre, and my friend next to me and i were talking about sex as you do and she was in the middle of saying 'im sooooooo not getting enough sex...hello Westpac how many i help you?' HAHAHAHA! it was hilarious!

another time a woman was tranferring a call to me and thought she had the person on hold and said 'gawd she's (the customer) being a real pain in the ass and the customer said 'i heard that!' :ohmy:
we ended up hanging up on her! hahaha

^:lol:

That reminds me of my days working in a call center...

I remember helping this one caller who needed information on where to send a payment to the company using Western Union.

The guy tells me to hold on a second while he gets a pen to write down the information. I say fine, and wait for him in silence - we didn't have any kind of mute button.

I continue to wait and wait and wait...

10 MINUTES go by and still nothing...

Finally, I turn to the guy next to me and jokingly say: "I think this guy went to the store to buy a pen"

At this point I hear "Hello?" Apparently the guy had found his pen and had just been sitting there waiting for me... without saying anything... What a tool.

elevated_u2_fan said:
^:lol:

That reminds me of my days working in a call center...

I remember helping this one caller who needed information on where to send a payment to the company using Western Union.

The guy tells me to hold on a second while he gets a pen to write down the information. I say fine, and wait for him in silence - we didn't have any kind of mute button.

I continue to wait and wait and wait...

10 MINUTES go by and still nothing...

Finally, I turn to the guy next to me and jokingly say: "I think this guy went to the store to buy a pen"
At this point I hear "Hello?" Apparently the guy had found his pen and had just been sitting there waiting for me... without saying anything... What a tool.

:lmao: omg.....seriously....what a putz.

^ :lmao: Good one!

And on the flip side of all these telephone faux paus, I have Caller ID at work with the extensions of a number of apps engineers I work with so I have fun answering calls when I know whe they are sometimes. I freak out some people in our shipping or production/quality areas when they call me and knowing who they are from the ID I answer the call by name--it freaks them out like I'm psychic or something.

Back
Top Bottom