Now that i'm in college...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
U2democrat said:
I don't have the patience to just "let it happen" :lol:

Unfortunately "letting it happen" is the best way to meet the guys who are worth your time and effort.

Sometimes when you try too hard to meet a guy you will either:
A) Meet Mr. Wrong
-or-
B) Appear really desperate and chase off someone who could be really nice and have a chance at developing a relationship with.

So relax ... if this guy is a friend of your roommate, chances are you'll end up seeing this guy a whole lot. Maybe you two will hit it off and go out.

Also, if you haven't read the book "He's Just Not That Into You" by Greg Behrendt and Liz Tuccillo (of Sex and the City fame), run, do not walk to your nearest book store. It will teach you all you need to know about dating ... cause if they guy doesn't ask a great woman like you out, he's not worth your time. If a guy is into you he will ask you out because he doesn't want to miss out on a great gal. There's no such thing as being too shy or too busy when he's really into you. When a guy is into you, he will make time.

Good luck and I hope you do find what you're looking for.

JessicaAnn said:

So relax ... if this guy is a friend of your roommate, chances are you'll end up seeing this guy a whole lot. Maybe you two will hit it off and go out.

Absolutely!

U2dem, you are a really smart girl. Really, really intelligent, very well spoken, with a ton of potential.

I remember being your age and the best thing I can tell you is, you're smart, but don't be life stupid. I hope it doesn't sound harsh because it really isn't - a lot of us lived through that period and made bad choices because we wanted instant gratification, or we made fools of ourselves over men (boys I should say) who aren't worth it.

Let things happen as they happen. Chasing may sound fun, but in my experience, it isn't the best way to embrace a good thing. JMO, as always.

U2democrat said:
Oh I would never stoop so low as to make a fool of myself just for a boy...they're not that important to me.

Well, you gotta do it at least once! :wink:

Back
Top Bottom