Now that i'm in college...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
briarrose said:
Creative writing sounds like fun, though I'm not a writer. What's your major Angela?

I intend to be an English major, more specifically majoring in something involving writing, as writing is the career field I'm hoping to go into. I'm going for an arts degree at this college, and then eventually will move on to a four-year school and will go on with things from there.

It really will be fun, this class :yes:. I believe it's probably gonna be my favorite class I'm taking right now. I love the other classes, too (well, wouldn't say I love algebra...but I don't mind it, as it's an easier type of math), but creative writing's gonna be a particularly enjoyable one.

Originally posted by briarrose
You and U2Democrat made me think- 2.5 hours of Calculus does sound long! Oh well, I love math so I shouldn't mind it too much.

That's good :). As long as you enjoy what you're doing, hey, have at it for as long as possible.

I was told there are only 8 people in my math class. I'm glad about that.

Yeah, that is nice...more chance to get some one-on-one time with the teacher should you need it :up:. My classes aren't very big, either, for the most part.

Have fun at your classes girls!

Thanks, you, too :D.

Angela

ribbons&bows said:
I start tomorrow at 8 and have to leave my house at 6:15 :crack: so I can find a parking spot :madspit:

Once I get to school, it shouldn't be too bad it's just going to be hell getting up in the morning

That's so early! Good luck!

I've started stalking U2 girls via facebook...:evil:

So far, it hasn't worked. I'm going to give up. 3:1 ratio :madspit:

I've "met" a few girls, but none that I have been able to hang or talk to for more than an hour...:|

I'm wary about the facebook.

Things like that make me chuckle.
I shouldn't judge it so much, because I'm not a part of it yet...

But to me, it resonnates

HIGHSCHOOL
in huge, capital letters (see the above sentance)

but really, what is y'alls opinion of it?

U2democrat said:
www.thefacebook.com

it's a great way to connect with other college students around the country. i've gotten connected with people i haven't spoken to in years.

Ah, okay. I'll give it a glance over. Thanks :).

ribbons&bows said:

There was no need to go that early since no one was there!
There were tons of parking spots :madspit:

LOL, aw! :hug:.

You're welcome, anyway.

Originally posted by ribbons&bows
Suprisingly, that was the worst part of the day so I guess my first day was pretty good :p I was fighting off sleep in my math class though :yawn: :shrug:

LOL, hey, I know the feeling. But glad to hear your day wasn't too bad overall.

I got to talking a bit more with the guys in my creative writing class today. They seem really nice. And I saw one of them again this evening when I was at the CD store here in town.

I was a bit late to the class today, though, 'cause my ride didn't get to my house early enough (traffic in this town can be such a pain during the noon hour...). But thankfully, my teacher was really cool about it :up:.

Angela

My advice - join the College Democrats (or whatever they call them at your school). I think you would have a lot in common with those people.

Well I have a crush. I met him on move-in day, he's good friends with my roommate (which helps). He's extremely nice, enjoys talking to me, actually laughs when i try to make him laugh, and always says hi to me and smiles when he sees me, and stops to talk when we have the time. Oh and he's hot. :D

U2democrat said:
Well I have a crush. I met him on move-in day, he's good friends with my roommate (which helps). He's extremely nice, enjoys talking to me, actually laughs when i try to make him laugh, and always says hi to me and smiles when he sees me, and stops to talk when we have the time. Oh and he's hot. :D

LOL, aw, that's awesome, U2democrat :hug: :).

No crushes at my school (not yet, anyway).

Angela

How good is "good" friends w/ your roommate? If they're quite good friends, you might be better off avoiding him since it could get REALLY weird between the three of you and you'd still have to live w/ your roomie.

Oh, the stories I could tell you about roommates and a guy would make your hair stand on end, LMAO!

U2democrat said:
Yeah it might get weird...but I'm willing to risk that.

As long as he's truly worth it, but don't make yourself and your roomie miserable over the first guy you meet. Your first semester is really important as far as settling in, adjusting, and making some good solid new friends. If you start off with a bunch of drama and a traumatic experience right away, you'll put yourself through additional stress and make it harder when it's supposed to be a fun time. You sound like you've got your head on straight, let the boys come to you! I knew some girls who went boy-crazy the first semester, started these serious relationships that eventually fell apart and they were miserable b/c they hadn't spent any time making friends or getting to know their roommates and had basically brushed everyone else off to the point where they had to move. Pretty extreme, but still, it happens a lot.

When I started dating my current bf my freshman year, his ex lived down the hall. It was really weird and really bad for everyone involved, and not only did they supposedly not like each other anymore, I didn't even have to share a room with her or look her in the eye everyday, but it was still really weird, not fun, wish we'd done things differently then....

LOL, Techie :laugh:. That'd certainly get his attention, no doubt about that.

Good advice shared, though, about the whole roommate thing. If you all think you can handle it, though, then by all means go for the guy :up:. But if you can't, then...yeah. Might wanna back off, at least for a while.

U2democrat said:
I don't know how to make any "moves" on him though....

...well, I asked a friend to a dance in high school once. I was nervous, which I don't understand why, as he was just a friend, but I did it. So if you have the courage to come out and just ask him for something, like a date or a kiss or whatever, do it.

That's the best advice I can give right now, as I'm not exactly an expert on making moves, either. Is there anyone here who is?

Angela

:hmm:

I don't foresee drama between my roommate and I...we're exactly alike, if anything she would probably encourage me to go after him. I never have guy drama in my life...it's very nice, I always manage to avoid it and just listen to my friends and their problems.

Next weekend (not this one but the next) I'll be getting my car, and he won't be getting his until later so I could offer to drive him around, get to know each other one on one outside the campus :D

U2democrat said:
:hmm:

I don't foresee drama between my roommate and I...we're exactly alike, if anything she would probably encourage me to go after him. I never have guy drama in my life...it's very nice, I always manage to avoid it and just listen to my friends and their problems.

Good :up:. Then all is clear, it seems :).

Originally posted by U2democrat
Next weekend (not this one but the next) I'll be getting my car, and he won't be getting his until later so I could offer to drive him around, get to know each other one on one outside the campus :D

There ya go :yes:. That's a good idea.

Car rides with crushes can be very nice...:yes: :D...

Angela

Back
Top Bottom