Not to bash men, but I hate Holiday shopping with them

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I don't care for shopping and will do everything possible to procrastinate and avoid it in public stores shops and malls. I am an online and eBay shop-a-holic though and am pleased to find some really great bargains this way. Thank goodness for online shopping!!

I hate all this stereotypical stuff when it comes to shopping - I'm female, and I absolutely bloody hate it. I'd rather buy things online, and I never, EVER, browse.
AM I THE ONLY ONE?!
Or maybe I'm just a man at heart? :hmm:

You are not alone. I hate shopping and avoid the malls at all cost. If I go shopping, I know what I want and will go directly to the store buy it and leave. I think online shopping was the best thing ever created.

:lol: I think men just get bored. I personally like going shopping with my girlfriends.

Here are a few things I've learned from being the "gift buying" female in my family AND working in retail:

1. Men become woozy from prolonged exposure to retail air. The exposure has some side effects which result in

- memory loss. If what I've been told is true, the City of Buffalo is full of blonde women who are 5'9" and wear brown maybe coats. They are also clueless to things like preferred colors.
- the dash and grab, it's not that men are vastly superior in the decision making arena it's honestly that they wait so long to shop that there's nothing left in the stores except stuff in weird colors like mustard and those awful pastels that come out every Christmas.

This condition can be adjusted by a trip to Best Buy or the Golf Club store.

2. Men delegate shopping chores to a female related to them. If you want to know what my Brother is buying for his son for Christmas I'll have to tell you December 26 because I don't know. I do know EXACTLY what he's getting his wife because I picked it out and had it shipped to his house. We're trying not to repeat the small appliances he bought last year.

How many women have gifts chosen for them by their eight year olds? I bet quite a few.

I refuse to do any real shopping with men. If I enter a mall with one I make sure to stay on task and get in and out as quickly as possible. I do know that it takes a man about two hours to choose a new putter.

shopping, ugh...

I go along with my wife and I try my hardest to not rush her too much but after a couple of hours I tend to turn cranky...

I will also point out that this courtesy is rarely returned, if I drag her into a store she's not interested in (an electronic store, for example) she is chomping at the bit to leave :tsk:

Also, there are the dreaded Jewelry Store windows… My wife doesn't even like to go in but she will stop at EVERY DAMN window and stare. Its like, there could be a pile of broken glass on display but as long as it glittered, she would still have to stop and gawk...

I hate all this stereotypical stuff when it comes to shopping - I'm female, and I absolutely bloody hate it. I'd rather buy things online, and I never, EVER, browse.
AM I THE ONLY ONE?!
Or maybe I'm just a man at heart? :hmm:

No Emma thinly veiled sexism is good, don't you know that?

I never got what was so bad about shopping; especially CD or book shopping, I can literally spend hours in those kinds of shops. I don't mind clothes shopping either :shrug:

For the most part my husband doesn't mind going shopping with me. Yeah there are moments where he wishes I would hurry the hell up but he's smart and keeps quiet :wink: jk. Really though we go together all of the time and actually have fun.

Online shopping is the best though :love:

haha I love watching a mother and daughter shop, but shop in a sharing manner even if they argue! but watching a hubby and wife, whatever, he just stands there with a look on his face like 'what the f*ck is she doing now?' or 'what/where she goin now?', they do look bored, unhappy, etc. its not their style, well I guess like 80% males hate it. they prob feel so forced to do it that they become robots/zombies during the process!

:up:

After yesterday's shopping trip, a detailed study was performed and you're absolutely right!!! :combust:

*changes today's schedule to include shopping.

:lol:

And lynnok, I received a mustard colored sweater many years ago. He hasn't lived it down yet (I'm a pale-skinned brunette).

They usually just stand there and look at you and you can see it on there face, but then you walk passed Victorias Secret or an Electronic store and then there all happy and talking.

Also, there are the dreaded Jewelry Store windows… My wife doesn't even like to go in but she will stop at EVERY DAMN window and stare. Its like, there could be a pile of broken glass on display but as long as it glittered, she would still have to stop and gawk...
Girls like shiny things :shrug: We're simple creatures.

Back
Top Bottom