New Year's Resolutions

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ryancoke71

ONE love, blood, life
So, it is that time of year again. I figured I'd start a thread so anyone who wants to can share what their resolutions are, and then update any progress! :wink: In all honesty, I'm hoping this might make me stick to my resolutions this year! :lol:

My first one is to get into a regular workout routine. Everyone says it, but for health reasons, I really need to do this. :up:

I then found this. I am printing it out and keeping it somewhere that I will be able to see it often. I need to work on myself and my well being first and foremost.

Suggestions for New Years GIFTs to yourself:
1. SELF LOVE: Be Gentle with yourself, be patient and kind and less critical. Practise self respect. Get to know your blind spots, become aware of what you are made up of, embrace what you love about yourself and tweak what you don't.
2. LETTING GO: Cut the ties to friendships which don't serve you. Anyone that doesn't love & respect you for who you are, does not support you in anyway - release them. Deal with the past to make room for 'now' and for the future.
3. HEALTH: Keep hydrated, be a conscious eater, choose wisely - balance well.
4. WEALTH: If you can feel & see your blessings you are rich beyond measure. Make an effort to purchase less materialistic items and invest more in your soul.
5. SPIRIT: Be 'still'.... Start with a minimum of 5 minutes of silence, release all unnecessary thoughts and become aware of your breathing. Meditate more.
6. NOW: Always live in the Present Moment. Put all your energy into living in the moment, think less about what might be.
7. GRATITUDE: Live in Gratitude.

Good luck everyone! :wink:

My first one is to get into a regular workout routine. Everyone says it, but for health reasons, I really need to do this. :up:

Yeah, me too. I'm going to be more focused on losing weight than ever in 2012.

Suggestions for New Years GIFTs to yourself:
1. SELF LOVE: Be Gentle with yourself, be patient and kind and less critical. Practise self respect. Get to know your blind spots, become aware of what you are made up of, embrace what you love about yourself and tweak what you don't.
2. LETTING GO: Cut the ties to friendships which don't serve you. Anyone that doesn't love & respect you for who you are, does not support you in anyway - release them. Deal with the past to make room for 'now' and for the future.
3. HEALTH: Keep hydrated, be a conscious eater, choose wisely - balance well.
4. WEALTH: If you can feel & see your blessings you are rich beyond measure. Make an effort to purchase less materialistic items and invest more in your soul.
5. SPIRIT: Be 'still'.... Start with a minimum of 5 minutes of silence, release all unnecessary thoughts and become aware of your breathing. Meditate more.
6. NOW: Always live in the Present Moment. Put all your energy into living in the moment, think less about what might be.
7. GRATITUDE: Live in Gratitude.

This is really good, thanks!

I don't believe in resolutions, but I would like to laugh/shrug off people who deserve to be laughed/shrugged off. Tell them to f off more, even if it's just in my own head. Ignore them as well as I have been.

What I should do but I won't make any resolutions to do-read more, spend less time online, get a bike, take a trip, overall reduction in laziness.

Another thing I'll be doing is focusing on dating better this year. In 2011, I dated all the wrong guys for all the wrong reasons. This year, I'll get back to my standards.

I'm adding to mine learning to say no. I tend to do what is best for everyone else.

I never make resolutions at this time of year, because it's so damned cliched, and they never stick. However, I made a commitment last week that I'll share, since it definitely is going to be changing my life starting right away.

In 2013 or 2014 (depending on the advice we get from a friend of ours who is a professional trainer), I'm going to run the Honolulu Marathon with my dad, brother and another friend. I run fairly regularly anyway, but it's only 10k's. A marathon is something I've always wanted to do, and it's going to be a reality in December of next year or '14. Pretty exciting, but very intimidating at the same time. It's going to be a lot of work, but oh so worth it! :D

I never make resolutions at this time of year, because it's so damned cliched, and they never stick. However, I made a commitment last week that I'll share, since it definitely is going to be changing my life starting right away.

In 2013 or 2014 (depending on the advice we get from a friend of ours who is a professional trainer), I'm going to run the Honolulu Marathon with my dad, brother and another friend. I run fairly regularly anyway, but it's only 10k's. A marathon is something I've always wanted to do, and it's going to be a reality in December of next year or '14. Pretty exciting, but very intimidating at the same time. It's going to be a lot of work, but oh so worth it! :D

That's cool :up:

I've actually made a few resolutions in the past that stuck. One was to stop using plastic bags at the store. Now I almost never leave the house without reusable shopping bags.

This year I'll start with one that HASN'T stuck in the past: Drink more water.
My other two are to lose a few pounds (how cliche, I know :rolleyes: ) and to write more letters to friends and family. I'm going to start by finishing my thank you notes for Christmas today.

Good luck everyone.

I've actually made a few resolutions in the past that stuck. One was to stop using plastic bags at the store. Now I almost never leave the house without reusable shopping bags.

This year I'll start with one that HASN'T stuck in the past: Drink more water.
My other two are to lose a few pounds (how cliche, I know :rolleyes: ) and to write more letters to friends and family. I'm going to start by finishing my thank you notes for Christmas today.

Good luck everyone.

I was just coming on here to write the water one too :hi5:

Simple resolutions for me:

- Counting calories (thank you, My Fitness Pal)
- Increase in exercise/physical activity
- Trying to be more outgoing with friends, be more social

:D

How did I miss this one. That's awesome! I'm doing a race I've always dreamed about doing this year, in May, and I'm daunted and excited about it. Good luck in your training!

Not sure about New Year's resolutions, but I do have a few New Year's revolutions planned, if anyone's interested.

I want to have an actual career and maybe move away (which sounds scary, but it needs to happen sometime). My resolution is to make an effort to make things happen before I get too stuck in another rut.

An interesting thought came to me yesterday, and it's "You don't have to be afraid of the future." I realized that I have been for a long time and maybe I need to be more positive.

- Keep up my routine of 30 minutes on the treadmill every morning
- Eat more healthy and lose 5-7 kilos
- Watch every DVD/Blu-Ray in our collection that we bought and never watched
- Keep working on my photography and stock library photos
- Finish my next collage artwork (I have an idea already but I do tend to sit on my ideas for ages)

Mine would be: to stop thinking so much about things that I have no control over, to get an A in my class, to move up in my tennis league and to just be happy and healthy.

Pretty sure I can accomplish all but one of those!

Sort out my life and the chaos in my head,
spend less money,
take more time for myself,
find some inner peace,
enjoy life a bit more,
eat less sweets,
read more books,
write more poetry and finishing stuff
get more sleep,
realise projects and ideas,
do sports on a regular basis again,
lose some weight again.

So many resolutions, so little time :(

I made a resolution about 20 years ago and stuck with it: No more resolutions. :lol:
:hi5: Right there with ya!

I prefer not to make New Year's resolutions because then, near the end of the year, I start making excuses for being lazy. Like, "Oh yeah, my resolution will be to start working out more. Ahh, it's still December, I'll start later." *plays videogames all. day. long.*

Back
Top Bottom