New problem, what else is new?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

juliaguliaxo94

War Child
So, basically, I don't normally look for relationship advice on U2 forums, (although I've been pleasantly surprised with y'all now and then :D), but eh, here goes.

So theres this boy, a year younger than me, who's made it clear that he likes me. He says I'm pretty, kind, and he says he loves talking to me. He hasn't passionately pursued a relationship with me, but he's hinted at it many times. But I keep pushing him away, and I don't know why.

He's so different than any boy I know or have gone out with before. He's so sweet, loyal, funny and unique, not to mention ahhhdorable. :cute: We have a lot in common. I feel like I can go to him for help at any time, and he'll be there. All of our friends say we should go out. And, taken into account his personality, you'd think he'd make a great boyfriend, right?

But I just keep turning him down. I've told him I'd like to stay friends, and he's fine with that. I guess... you could say that I'm scared of what will happen if I decide to accept his advances. I care for him so much, platonically speaking, that I would never want to hurt him in any way, shape or form. The last boyfriend I had REALLY overreacted to our break up, and I don't want that to happen again. I don't want him to change who he is if and when we start going out. And if we do break up (chances are we will eventually :shrug:) I really don't want to lose his friendship.

Not to mention these two certain friends tend to interfere with relationships in our circle, A LOT. They tried to force me to dump a boyfriend I had when I totally didn't want to hear their shit anymore. And since I have lunch with one of them, along with this boy, and we start going out, drama is bound to happen.

Mur. Stuff just works out so nicely for me, doesn't it? :wink:

So yeah, any thoughts, opinions, advice?

If those 'friends' of yours try to break up relationships, they're not really friends. I would advise you to stop listening to others and start listening to your own heart and intuition.

I think GG said it perfectly! This guy sounds wonderful! Don't let your fear of what others might say or do influence your decision. The way you have been talking about him it sounds like the two fo you would be a really good couple!:hug:

Thanks guys. I had a feeling you would say I should go out with him. :lol: And you have points about those two "friends"..I don't really trust them or think they're actually good friends, they're more like two people I just hang out with and talk to. They shouldn't have that much say.

But ehh, I don't know. I'm thinking I should wait a little bit. School is hectic now, I'm trying to get that tutoring gig, I'm focusing on some after school clubs and stuff. My life is really busy now and for a boyfriend to enter the picture, I might not be able to make it work. I have a plan though - I told him I'm taking him to prom. :D We'll see how that goes. ;)

Back
Top Bottom