Natural hatred of certain people?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

I'm Ready

War Child
anyone else ever have it where there are certain people who are morally ok, they don't deliberately do anything bad, but for whatever reason you just clash with their personalities and completely dislike them just because of who they are?

I'm not trying to come off like a jerk here, but I've been debating with some of my friends if its ok to just hate someone like that

Well... In my opinion, 'hating' someone for this is a little over-edge. I do think you still have to try and respect them, even though you obviously don't seem to have anything in common, or think that, like you said, have personalities that totally clash with yours.

And if you don't like these people, you can just try and ignore them? Getting irritated over what they do or who they are, doesn't work, trust me. You get more and more irritated yourself, and that's just not necessary, right?

haha I have a few people like this. decent people, nothing really wrong with them but every time they talk it just annoys the shit out of me.

I think it's fine/normal as long as you don't obsess about it, or really hate them in a wishing-death-upon-them way, or act on it.

:shrug:

Certain personality traits instantly offend me. For the most part though these people who really offend me are not decent people either, not by my standards. I think certain personality traits indicate that one isn't the best person. I can do my best to get along with people, but I can't and wont compromise certain standards that I have.

You are always going to naturally clash with certain types of people, and not everyone will like you either. That's the way it goes in life. The most productive way in which to live is to focus on making yourself a better person and do your best to just ignore the people who offend you.

WildHoneyAlways said:
There are lots of people I instantly dislike. :happy:

:up:

I dont think I can be bothered hating anyone. I lack a lot of enthusiasm for anything requiring effort. Some people though just shit me. I shit me, too.

JanuaryStar said:
Well... In my opinion, 'hating' someone for this is a little over-edge. I do think you still have to try and respect them, even though you obviously don't seem to have anything in common, or think that, like you said, have personalities that totally clash with yours.

And if you don't like these people, you can just try and ignore them? Getting irritated over what they do or who they are, doesn't work, trust me. You get more and more irritated yourself, and that's just not necessary, right?

I don't know, the guy who I hate so much likes me, and keeps trying to hang out with me, and its not like he has zero friends and is desperate, and no matter how blatant I am that I want him to leave he still keeps trying

still not trying to come off like a jerk, but its a bad situation

Hate is a very powerful word and emotion. I don't "hate" but there are many people who I just have absolutely no interest in knowing or acknowledging for a number of reasons. That's not a bad thing. We don't have to love everyone all of the time and I know not everyone likes me. I don't care who those people are, don't let it bother me. On the flip side I don't go out of my way to let those I don't want in my life know this, I just drop them and ignore them, leave it at that.

I don't hate. But I must say that if I get around incredibly hyper people for an extended amount of time, I want to throw bricks through their windows. :madwife:

occasionally when I'm forced to be around someone whose existance annoys the shit out of me, I have a hard time disguising it. like I have to answer in really short one word answers whenever they say anything because I'm focusing so hard on not exploding. I feel really bad and want to apologize but I'm afraid that if I look at them I might starting crying or launching projectiles at them or something.

:mad:

blueeyedgirl said:

:D

I'm quite pissed off that they are living on MY planet :mad:

Crap! You have a whole planet? All I have is a lousy chatroom. :mad:

I'm gonna have to have a talk with someone and see if I can get upgraded. I should at least get a continent. :yes:

I was brought up in my family to hate....I dont like the word and I am working on learning how to love unconditionally. Usually if I dont like someone it is because I see something in myself that I dont like. It seems so simple to always blame the other person. I used to blame people about everything. I have come to a place in my life that if I have an arguement with someone.....I look at my part in it. I still care what people think of me and it is really none of my business what they think of me and to let it go. Life is not a popularity contest.....if you have a few really close friends, then you are very blessed...........:wink:

I'm Ready said:

I don't know, the guy who I hate so much likes me, and keeps trying to hang out with me, and its not like he has zero friends and is desperate, and no matter how blatant I am that I want him to leave he still keeps trying

still not trying to come off like a jerk, but its a bad situation

Oh okay, in that way...

Do you have to be around him much (school/work/neighbourhood)? Otherwise, you could slowly try to tell him that you wish somewhat more time for yourself (when he asks if he can hang out with you), or you could tell him that you've got stuff to do... :shrug:

I once had this with a girl who kept trying to be near me, and I seriously didn't feel like being with her. In the end, she kind of understood the message (she picked it up in a good way), and now we don't really have contact anymore...

JanuaryStar said:

Oh okay, in that way...

Do you have to be around him much (school/work/neighbourhood)? Otherwise, you could slowly try to tell him that you wish somewhat more time for yourself (when he asks if he can hang out with you), or you could tell him that you've got stuff to do... :shrug:

I once had this with a girl who kept trying to be near me, and I seriously didn't feel like being with her. In the end, she kind of understood the message (she picked it up in a good way), and now we don't really have contact anymore...

in school he won't leave me around

in our school library we have tables where you can work in groups of 4 on work. if theres an empty seat at the table he'll come and sit down. I say that I need to work alone and get up and leave every time, but he can't take a hint

indra said:
Crap! You have a whole planet? All I have is a lousy chatroom. :mad:

I'm gonna have to have a talk with someone and see if I can get upgraded. I should at least get a continent. :yes:

Gawd almighty, now I've come across another one I want banished from my planet. Someone at my work just asked "where's the Mediterranean?" :| :huh: :tsk:

Where do these idiots come from????? :scream:

Are you somewhat similar to this person in any way?

I've always felt that people who fit into the same niche in a social group don't get along so well. In any group of friends, if there are two people who are the funny people, they don't get along. That sort of thing.

Utoo said:

I've always felt that people who fit into the same niche in a social group don't get along so well. In any group of friends, if there are two people who are the funny people, they don't get along. That sort of thing.

I tend to find that I don't like people that have similair traits as me.

And I do have a natural hatred for some people. Like stupid people that can't admit they're stupid so they overcompensate trying to proove they're smart by never shutting the fuck up.

Utoo said:

not at all, were not complete opposites, but pretty damn close

I was reminded last night of some people I really can't believe don't see how blatantly ridiculous they really are. Why is it some people just don't see how stupid they get when they drink and carry on in public? Why is it some people think they can do whatever they feel like doing in public especially if it's so stupid? It's just something I accept I will never understand. Which is why I just don't want to be around them.

Carek1230 said:
I was reminded last night of some people I really can't believe don't see how blatantly ridiculous they really are. Why is it some people just don't see how stupid they get when they drink and carry on in public? Why is it some people think they can do whatever they feel like doing in public especially if it's so stupid? It's just something I accept I will never understand. Which is why I just don't want to be around them.

:eyebrow:

Sorry. if it's any consolation, I usually spend the next day feeling like an ass, so we do pay for it eventually.

:lol:

Carek1230 said:

:|

If you don't like how people act when they drink, don't go to bars.

I hate people who are fake.
Especially those that PRETEND to like other fellow individuals and then they stab them in the back by making comments that are uncalled for, without the other person's knowledge.

I might have known one or two of these individuals in the not too distant past.

But what can you do?

oh, I know.....STAY AWAY FROM THEM.

I thought this might turn into a popcorn eating experience....

Right after I wrote my comment above I thought "hmmm, popcorn would be really good right now." So I made myself a bag of popcorn.

I have to stop reading these damned threads! :mad:

Back
Top Bottom