My worst nightmare came true....

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Liesje

Blue Crack Addict
I've always loved animals, even gross ones, anything EXCEPT spiders. I'll scream like a 12 year old at an N*sync concert if a spider's nearby. When I was little, I used to have nightmares where I'd wak up thinking I was covered in spider webs and couldn't move or they'd realize I was there...

Last night, I was just dozing off when I felt something tickling down on my hip. At first I thought it was just a cat hair or loose thread, but it kept happening so I reached down to pull it out and I felt this clump. I jumped out of bed, turned on the light, and a big, fat, red/brown spider was crawling back into my sheets!!!!! :eek: Seriously, I almost barfed. I grabbed the closest magazine, swished it off the bed, and stomped that mofo.

I haven't been having a good time w/ bugs lately. A few weeks ago, a misquito got in through a hole in my screen and bit me 8 times before I woke up and killed it. Saturday, I got stung REALLY bad by a bee, with the entire stinger and back end of the bee in my two. It still aches today.

Yeah....I handled it a lot better than I thought I would. Didn't sleep well at all the rest of the night though.

I couldn't have gone back into the room if that had happened to me. I'd have slept standing up or something, with the light on.

You were brave going near it with a magazine even.:up:

Ack! That has my skin crawling. I'm generally OK with spiders...as long as they aren't near me. But that would have really creeped me out big time! :yikes:

That is my worst nightmare too. My basement is full of spiders- big ones, the size of half-dollar coins and with long hairy legs! I get so skittish when I come down here.

Last edited:
tiny dancer said:
I hate spiders. I even kill Daddy Long Legs!

Daddy Long Legs I can handle (literally) b/c they can't bite and they aren't hairy. I used to have to catch them by the dozens for my frogs.

I was creeped and it took a few minutes before I could get back in bed. I pulled all the blankets apart and made sure NOTHING was lurking!

A month or so ago I was getting into bed, pulled back the sheet only to find a HUGE (like 4 inches in diameter) spider of the same kind sitting right on my pillow! I didn't think it could get any worse until I actually had one on me in bed.

We have so many spiders in our basement (and 4-5 different kinds), I've taught Beckham and Posh to hunt and kill them. Beckham knows three words, his name, treat, and SPIDER! When I say "Becky, SPIDER!" he immediately looks up and starts meowing and jumping at the wall. I don't even like squishing them so usually I just point them out to the cats.

Oooo much sympathy...

I had this horrible recurring mini-nightmare where a spider would be crawling over the ceiling and would drop down onto me... it would start me awake and I'd fling myself out of bed and wake up next to the lightswitch... impressive as I sleep on the top bunk of a bunkbed!

I usually have a glass of water near my bed for the middle of the night. It was empty one time so I wandered into the lavatory (in the dark) and filled it with water. I soon detected something was wrong and spit the water into the sink. I turned out the light to find a huge spider in the sink all water logged.:yuck: I don't do that anymore.

It's a good thing they mostly crawl on you when you're asleep.

jay canseco said:
I usually have a glass of water near my bed for the middle of the night. It was empty one time so I wandered into the lavatory (in the dark) and filled it with water. I soon detected something was wrong and spit the water into the sink. I turned out the light to find a huge spider in the sink all water logged.:yuck: I don't do that anymore.

I usually keep a glass of water by my bed. Not anymore. :yikes:

The bane of my existence is centipedes. I always have to deal with at least one every summer. This year Mia woke me up by jumping across me to try and chase it. I ended up grabbing some lysol and killing it with that. :barf:

jay canseco said:

Oh my:yuck: :yuck: :yuck:

I had a dream once that there were spiders in my breakfast cereal and I didn't have cereal for months afterwards. :yuck:

"big, fat, red/brown spider"

yeah, what is it with those - they are comoing out of the woodworks, it seems. I saw 2 in the last 2 weeks, the large kind. never seen them here before, either....

I don't mind little spiders - i'd rather have them than mosquitos. But once they start getting big, that's when I go after them. Sometimes it's good to just 'clean house', anyway......

my stepmother goes into complete little girl mode, when she sees even the tinest of spiders. It's kind of comically not right. Anyhow..... I'm known for having an armory of flyswatters, and raid is one of my good friends.

Now, they have this new stuff, that shoots out, and it was used on a wasps nest. a new kind of raid, and it worked really well. Not one wasp got out alive......

As for spiders.... you've gotta be dligent, and not be easily alarmed. Which is hard to do sometimes.

I got up in the middle of the night once, and just happened to look down, and a scary spider, big, was sitting right in my way. The closest weapon nearby was a swiffer stick. Not the best, but, I positioned it above the spider, and then dropped it, letting gravity squish the bug. It was a swift and honorable death - the spider got full military honors (wrapped up and flushed down the toilet, so to say.......), so I felt decent about it all.

But I didn't like how it was sitting there.........

almost....... waiting for me

:macdevil:
:wink:

(hey, Black Sabbath, anyone------- "......What is this....... that stands before me?!?!?!?!!!!!"

lol)

For Honor said:
"big, fat, red/brown spider"

yeah, what is it with those - they are comoing out of the woodworks, it seems. I saw 2 in the last 2 weeks, the large kind. never seen them here before, either....

I think something is going on as I have seen more spiders than ever this summer and big buggers at that too.

The daddy long legs seem to be coming out of the woodwork too...they also seem much larger this summer than i can remember...my house is covered in loads of tiny spiders too, they seem everywhere...at this moment and time there is a spider right above me on my ceiling.....

LarryMullen's_POPAngel said:

I usually keep a glass of water by my bed. Not anymore. :yikes:

The bane of my existence is centipedes. I always have to deal with at least one every summer. This year Mia woke me up by jumping across me to try and chase it. I ended up grabbing some lysol and killing it with that. :barf:

I use a water bottle w/ a reclosable cap.

Centipedes and millipedes....yuck! Where I like to go camping, they have giant millipeded! They're like 4-6 inches long, so you can't just squish them. They come out at night by the bathrooms :barf:

spiders suck. i hate bugs in general. this thread makes me scared to go to bed ever again........ :sad:

ever hear that in your life you end up eating like 2-3 spiders when you're asleep or something? :yikes: even if it is a load of crap, the thought of it makes me paranoid.. :crack:

I used to throw woodlice into spider's webs when i was about 7/8...

...they were the days:wink:

LJT said:
I used to throw woodlice into spider's webs when i was about 7/8...

...they were the days:wink:

I used to collect colonies of earwigs with my bare hands! :coocoo:

earwig.gif

Back
Top Bottom