My worst nightmare came true....

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Oh crap. I knew as soon as spiders were mentioned that I had no business in here :yuck:

My dad thought it would be funny to provoke me by forcing me to watch arachnophobia when I was little and scared of spiders. Ever since then ive been deathly afraid of them.
And I lived in the woods on the oregon coast. Spider heaven.
I remember crying like a little baby when I was about 15 or 16 because there was this huge (to me) black widow looking spider in our stairwell. My dad was gone which left me and my mom to fend for ourselves. That little bastard would NOT die! She swatted at it with a newspaper and then gave up. Im so scared that Im not even able to bring myself to kill them so I watched while she hit it really hard with my shoe and it just kept coming back.
eeeeew. This is giving me the creeps.
Our dog eats spiders so Im pretty much safe in our house. Plus my dear mr.u2bonogirl kills them for me :cute:

:hug: livluv I feel so bad for you. That must have been terrible!!

LivLuvAndBootlegMusic said:

I use a water bottle w/ a reclosable cap.

I love those things!

I don't mind water at room tempature.... but I can't stand stale water, or stale anything else.

I really dislike water with creeping things in it, either. Everyone needs their boundries, you know......

Here's where it all began (my fear of spiders)......

.....when I was little, my grandparents used to watch me sometimes. This was when I was 1-2 (so I really don't remember this). One afternoon, my grandma had me in the highchair and was giving me lunch. She noticed I had frozen, staring at the ceiling. She knew I was terrified of spiders so she followed my gaze to see if I was looking at a spider, but she couldn't find one. She tried to get me to talk or eat, or do anything, but I wouldn't move. After a while of this, she called my grandpa home from work b/c she thought I was having some sort of seizure since I wouldn't respond to anything. My grandpa came home and tried to get me to talk or move, but it still wasn't working. Finally, they realized there was no spider, but a huge, spider-like crack in the drywall on the ceiling that was basically the size of the entire breakfast nook. They took me away from that crack and then I was OK.

Liv Luv

I share your fear of spiders. That must have been awful.

Last night I was getting ready to get in the shower when I noticed this brown thing near the wall. I thought it was a moth. I went over to it and then realized it was a big spider! I grabbed some toilet paper and starting chasing after it, naked. I finally squished it at the end of the hallway.

Wow, that spider sure had an intersting death

:wink:

Impressive, though, because I know a majority of women who would do anything but chase after a spider in such a situation

briarrose said:
Liv Luv

I share your fear of spiders. That must have been awful.

Last night I was getting ready to get in the shower when I noticed this brown thing near the wall. I thought it was a moth. I went over to it and then realized it was a big spider! I grabbed some toilet paper and starting chasing after it, naked. I finally squished it at the end of the hallway.

I will have that image in my head for a while now:ohmy:

I used to collect colonies of earwigs with my bare hands! :coocoo:

earwig.gif

omg... :yikes: :yuck:

I used to collect colonies of earwigs with my bare hands! :coocoo:

earwig.gif

DAMN:yuck: :yikes: Which is the front and back of this CREEPY ass critter? I truly cannot tell:huh:

Just getting around to reading this thread.

...ooooookay...that story about the water and the spider...ew, ew, ew, ew, ew, ew, a million times EW! :barf:...*Shudder*.

And LivLuv...you are braver than me. If I'd seen that thing in my bed...I would've spazzed like nothing else and REFUSED to go near my bed again until I knew for sure there was nothing there but my sheets and blankets.

I've made it quite clear before that I cannot STAND spiders, and I'll state it again. Those things really bother me...and these stories you've all shared are really...unsettling.

We have spiders out here in Wyoming, but they mainly, according to my dad, reside in the mountains. I have not experienced any in my apartment building as of yet (a plus side to living on the second floor-harder for them to get in). Hopefully I never will. And hopefully those spiders in the mountains will STAY there, far, far away from me. I'm like fah, if any spiders come into my house, they are dead. End of story, case closed (course, I'll only do the killing if I'm the only one home. If I'm not, however, I will just scream, point to where the spider is, and get someone else (namely my dad) to kill it).

LivLuv shared her story of how she got to fearing spiders...mine started when I was...6 years old, I believe it was. It was my birthday, and I was sitting on the kitchen floor with a present, and I looked up and off to my left and saw a little black spider crawling rather quickly across the floor toward me. I screamed, jumped up, ran into the living room, and told my mom about it. And ever since then, I've just been freaked out by the things.

Angela

briarrose said:

Sorry. At least you don't know what I look like. Haha.

I know:giggle: But I have seen my share of naked ppl in my life so and I have a very vivid imagination so....well you know the rest:wink:

Carmelu2fan said:

DAMN:yuck: :yikes: Which is the front and back of this CREEPY ass critter? I truly cannot tell:huh:

The pincher is the back end, usually it's bent up (like a scorpion).

This weekend I was again battling spiders over my bed. I guess one decided to procreate and there were little babies all over. Good think Beckham has a killer eye (literally).

The pincher is the back end, usually it's bent up (like a scorpion).

This weekend I was again battling spiders over my bed. I guess one decided to procreate and there were little babies all over. Good think Beckham has a killer eye (literally).

Thanks for answering my questions, I have been looking at that damn thing for that past 3 days trying to figure that out!:eek:

GOOD LUCK IN YOUR"SPIDER WARS" sounds like you got a good soldier on your team.:up:

There was a huge spider web spread across my front door a couple weeks ago with a big spider right in the middle--if course i open the door & walk right out in to it. It was on my shoulder--I was screaming like I was being murdered. I went back in the house and asked my husband if he heard me out there screaming and he said yes but he didnt want to get up. That's love for you. :ohmy:

Bono's Doll said:
There was a huge spider web spread across my front door a couple weeks ago with a big spider right in the middle--if course i open the door & walk right out in to it. It was on my shoulder--I was screaming like I was being murdered. I went back in the house and asked my husband if he heard me out there screaming and he said yes but he didnt want to get up. That's love for you. :ohmy:

Poor Bono's Doll:hug: I would have been screaming for the LORD too. And this is to Mr. Doll:shame: Get you but up next time!!:tsk:

Bono's Doll said:

Gee, that's nice...

Also, about the screaming, don't feel bad, I would've been the exact same way :hug:. It's bad enough seeing them in the same room as you, it's even worse when they're right up next to you or right on you.

Heh, last night they showed something where there was outtakes from various types of things-shows, newscasts, etc. (very funny stuff, too) and there was one where a guy was doing a bit on a type of spider. It was a big, gray, hairy one, and it was to crawl on his arm as he talked about the spider.

The whole time, instead of staring at the camera, he was staring intently at the spider, getting more and more nervous the further up his arm the spider got, and finally was like, "Get it off, get it off, get it off, get it off!". Couldn't say I blamed him-I saw the spider on his arm and immediately shielded my eyes, LOL. NO WAY would I allow a spider to crawl on my arm. NO. WAY.

Angela

Back
Top Bottom