my VCR ate popmart

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

shrmn8rpoptart

War Child
three of my u2 buddies were getting ready to watch popmart last night. we got everything going, but when i pushed play, it made a really funny noise. stupidly, i decided to ignore it. however, when the concert start, we had audio, but no video, so i attempted to eject it. at first it wouldn't come at all, and when it did, the tape was torn in two.:sad:

at first it seemed really funny, until we realized it was U2!!!!!!!!!!after that realization, we came within inches of going office space on that piece of crap.

so the point of this thread is really, does anyone know how to fix a broken cassette tape. i would really appreciate anyone who could help me.

thanks in advance.
the sherman8r

i fixed a tape for my friend, it depends on how its torn. if its a clean snap and both ends are the same width you can just selotape it back together. if you cant get to the tape, unscrew the cassette and do it that way.(make sure both ends of the tape are the same way up tho!) remember where everything goes tho if you unscrew it, cos otherwise you'll be stuck with bits of u2 and screws.:D

Just tape the ends back together with regular scotch tape. Or, if a chunk is all twisted and you're worried that the VCR will eat it again, cut that part out and then tape the ends. If it's wound inside the tape, unscrew it (DONT try and pull it out). There's sometimes weird security screws though so you might need some fancier bits than a philips or flathead.

My VCR ate my Making of the Joshua Tree :scream: I couldn't even tape it back because the pieces on each end got rolled up inside. :sigh:

The guy who managed a Suncoast video told me over 2 years ago Popmart would NEVER be put on DVD because it wasn't much of a seller. Not much hope for Red Rocks either:( But he did say he was expecting ZOO Sydney and R&H to come out on DVD. We now have R&H but no ZOO yet.

There's so many people here that generously offer B&Ps. I'm sure you could get a brand new PopMart concert in no time! If I were you, I'd ask someone for the Santiago concert. It's my favorite PopMart concert video that I've seen (like PopMex, but better) and then you wouldn't be copying a store-bought tape (illegal, I assume). If you mailed the tape to me, I could fix it, but you might as well buy a cheap used copy on eBay.

Back
Top Bottom