My Sponsor Child From Africa passed away...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
:hug:

I'm so sorry JCOSTER. Like everyone else has said, you were a light in her darkness. Be mindful of that :)

Jeannie for 4 years you were a huge part of an effort to improve her quality of life. That alone is something to take solace in. Can you imagine her happiness when she would receive letters or gifts from you? You were able to bring her that happiness. In comparison to other children who die lonely and without help, she "had you" in a way. And the happiness went both ways, it seems :up: :hug:

Jeannie for 4 years you were a huge part of an effort to improve her quality of life. That alone is something to take solace in. Can you imagine her happiness when she would receive letters or gifts from you? You were able to bring her that happiness. In comparison to other children who die lonely and without help, she "had you" in a way. And the happiness went both ways, it seems :up: :hug:

Thanks that was so nice of you and means alot. I think of her everyday.:hug:

:sad: Oh, look at that beautiful face.
I just caught this JCOS :hug::hug::hug:

When we were more in touch on here I remember you speaking with lovingcare about her!

"Funny" how today (i need to hook up my CD chagner) I was at my sib's -listening to HUTDUB and hearing some of the songs i hadn't heard in awhile...... including "Crumbs". I was singing the "where you live should not decide..." part.

Anyway, to hopefully havehad family face 2 face who cared where she was, and then to have people/(a person from afar) lending a lovingkind hand to a difficult situation. ( as others have said here) You added extra light & love to her life ~ it's a very beautiful giving, JCOS. :hug:

And I think you should take a little time to be with this loss and then decide whether or not to sponsor a new child.

So sorry for your loss. Dying from such preventable things should not happen :(

And I think you should take a little time to be with this loss and then decide whether or not to sponsor a new child.

And I agree with reconsidering too. Maybe there are other ways to contribute - such as contributing to health, education or microcredit programs.

This is an old article but still makes some relevant points about some of the unfortunate drawbacks sometimes associatd with the specific child sponsorship process. (Of course there are benefits as well but it's good to consider both..)

Simply... Why You Should Not Sponsor A Child -- New Internationalist

:sad: Oh, look at that beautiful face.
I just caught this JCOS :hug::hug::hug:

When we were more in touch on here I remember you speaking with lovingcare about her!

"Funny" how today (i need to hook up my CD chagner) I was at my sib's -listening to HUTDUB and hearing some of the songs i hadn't heard in awhile...... including "Crumbs". I was singing the "where you live should not decide..." part.

Anyway, to hopefully havehad family face 2 face who cared where she was, and then to have people/(a person from afar) lending a lovingkind hand to a difficult situation. ( as others have said here) You added extra light & love to her life ~ it's a very beautiful giving, JCOS. :hug:

Thanks Dazz, your words mean alot. :hug:

So sorry for your loss. Dying from such preventable things should not happen :(

And I agree with reconsidering too. Maybe there are other ways to contribute - such as contributing to health, education or microcredit programs.

This is an old article but still makes some relevant points about some of the unfortunate drawbacks sometimes associatd with the specific child sponsorship process. (Of course there are benefits as well but it's good to consider both..)

Simply... Why You Should Not Sponsor A Child -- New Internationalist

Thanks for posting the link to the article, I have always thought of some of the issues in the article. I was also sensitive to the fact of not bragging and trying to stick to the childs way of life and told her of my kids and their schooling etc. So I hope those things did not affect her like the article had said.

This may be a tad off topic but one thing that bothers me is how complicated and expensive it is to adopt a child. Phil and I have always considered this and we're nowhere near close, but I was doing a bit of research out of boredom over Christmas. Adoption is pretty "familiar" to me since my mom worked for one of the largest adoption agencies and I have dozens of friends and relatives who were adopted. Some countries have all these crazy requirements and in most cases it costs well over $25K to pull off. Not only that but I know several people/families who have put in tens of thousands, gone through all the hoops, went to their country (or were already living there) and came home empty handed, sometimes more than once. I know it can't be free and oversimplified but I really don't understand with so many millions of orphans (in our country too) why it has to be so difficult.

Back
Top Bottom