My neighbour just knocked on my door...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

U2Man

ONE love, blood, life
...and angrily told me to turn my music down...:shifty:

I was listening to The Unforgettable Fire at full volume. And it's not even late here. :sad: What was he thinking?

That's what sucks about living in a condo. You cannot freak out without having idiots hammering on your door :madspit:

I think I was singing too, btw. :shifty:

U2Man said:
That's what sucks about living in a condo. You cannot freak out without having idiots hammering on your door :madspit:

I think I was singing too, btw. :shifty:

You should still go ahead and sing :shifty: Honestly I don't see what you were doing wrong. It's one thing if you waited till real late at night to do it and it was heavy metal music or something.

I can remember when we used to stay at a beach condo every year for our vacation. The walls were so thin and every morning at 7am we could hear the neighbor's kids. Was extremely irritating :mad: Completely sympathize with what you are going through!

Stick achtung baby on at full volume - that would really piss him/her off!

Here's what he said:

(translated into English)

Would you care to turn your music down?

Because otherwise I'm gonna get really fucking mad at you

lol!

Play your music. He can get used to it :D

Loud music doesn't bother me these days, the people upstairs are always making a racket and having loud parties. When I was living abroad I could hear EVERYTHING from our bedroom, even things like people sneezing and oil frying in a pan. At weekends the noise was insane and could go on until 6am. Some couple on the3rd floor (we were on the 9th floor) had a really yappy dog and it barked incessantly :crack:

You know, I don't blame your neighbor for doing that. It's inconsiderate no matter what time of day it is.

Melon

melon said:
You know, I don't blame your neighbor for doing that. It's inconsiderate no matter what time of day it is.

Melon

Shouldn't people be allowed to play loud music occassionally in their own home? I mean just once in a while?

U2Man said:

Shouldn't people be allowed to play loud music occassionally in their own home? I mean just once in a while?

Absolutely! If you were doing at a very early morning or late night hour, then that would be rude.

I think your neighbour was being a little overly sensitive.

But guys, think about it, What if the guy was taken a nap? Trying to watch tv but could cause he couldn't hear the Tv? What age is the guy btw?

Put yourself in his position, your probaly doing something you like doing and all of a sudden you hear music blasting? What if he doesnt like U2?

Stuff to think about..:wink:

melon said:

Melon

I couldn't agree more. One time I had the stomach flu and listened to several hours of Linkin Park through my wall before finally calling the police when my neighbor refused to answer the door and turn down the music. The world could use a little more peace and quiet, especially if people are trying to sleep (even nap in the daytime), rest when they're sick, get work done at home, etc. If you want to rock out, put on your headphones.

U2Man said:

If your "home" is a building with neighbors a wall, floor, and/or ceiling away, then no. It's still inconsiderate.

Melon

tpsglick2424 said:
But guys, think about it, What if the guy was taken a nap? Trying to watch tv but could cause he couldn't hear the Tv? What age is the guy btw?

Put yourself in his position, your probaly doing something you like doing and all of a sudden you hear music blasting? What if he doesnt like U2?

Stuff to think about..:wink:

I was just about to say something to that affect. The neighbor could also work a graveyard shift, and sleep during the day. Or not feeling well. Or on an important call.... :shrug:

And as hard as it is to admit, not everyone likes U2 :shocked: :wink:

Fine....:sigh:

You can play it loud at my house...:rolleyes:

:wink:

Shitty thing to happen but who knows what he had going on. Can you ask him if there are times it would be okay to play it loud?

Lila64 said:
The neighbor could also work a graveyard shift...

I fall into that category and there are constantly screaming children and car alarms going off for no apparant reason :mad:

Cleasai said:

I fall into that category and there are constantly screaming children and car alarms going off for no apparant reason :mad:

I hear you...I worked overnights for 6 months and it sucked. Nothing like the sound of kids practicing their slapshots againts the garage door for HOURS....

I work an early morning shift too (4am-12:30), and I'd be pissed off if my upstairs neighbor decided to start listening to anything at full volume while I was trying to get some sleep.

If you share walls with neighbors and don't know ahead of time if they mind or don't mind you rocking out, assume they do until you find out otherwise. Or be a good neighbor, go next door, introduce yourself, and ask if it'd be ok to rock out for a little bit (or when the best time might be).

melon said:

Melon
I agree. When you share walls with people, you need to think about how they feel about what you're doing. Everyone has the right to rock out whenever they want...wearing headphones or in the privacy of their own car (everyone sounds better in the car).

U2democrat said:
Damn how loud did you have it for him to complain about UF?

I want to ask the same question! It's not like you were playing Iron Maiden. lol.

That said, I've been rudely woken up by music from neighbors' homes before!

U2Man said:
...and angrily told me to turn my music down...:shifty:

I was listening to The Unforgettable Fire at full volume. And it's not even late here. :sad: What was he thinking?

Ah, the power of a UF thread. :wink:

I blast my music all the time, and I sing pretty loudly, too. I know that I can be heard in the hallway of my condo building, but I can't tell if my neighbors can hear me through the walls. No one's complained yet..... Maybe when they do, I'll yell back in Danish...:hmm: :lol:

I actually work a good number of overnight shifts as a resident & frequenty come home at 12noon after having been up for 30hours straight. I crawl into bed and I put earplugs in. If it's the middle of the day, you can't expect quiet at all---whether it's a noisy neighbor or even just traffic or something. As long as it's not midnight, I think you have the right to rock out. Anyone who sleeps in the daytime should really know better & have earplugs!

Back
Top Bottom