My neighbour just knocked on my door...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Why should the people who are being annoyed should lived their life differently because of someone who WANTS to blast their own music...If this person who wants to blast music, then that person could use the earphones...Every person has their own way to live and shouldn't be forced to do something they don't want to do because someone else wants you to...End of story, it is inconsiderate no matter what time it is, and if you want to listen to your music blast it in you headphones, don't let someone else listen to your music if that person doesn't even want to hear it..It's inconsiderate and not fair for people who pay money to live somewhere and not be saticfied just because your neighbor blasts music...guy's it's only music....

But of course this is only my opinion and you don't have to listen it...

:wink:

Diemen said:
I work an early morning shift too (4am-12:30), and I'd be pissed off if my upstairs neighbor decided to start listening to anything at full volume while I was trying to get some sleep.

If you share walls with neighbors and don't know ahead of time if they mind or don't mind you rocking out, assume they do until you find out otherwise. Or be a good neighbor, go next door, introduce yourself, and ask if it'd be ok to rock out for a little bit (or when the best time might be).

The guy in question here doesn't work at all.

I see what some of you are saying, though. I can get irritated too, when I have to listen to music/noise that I haven't chosen myself. However when you live in a condo, there's no way you can completely avoid bothering eachother a little bit now and then. As long as it is within reason, I cannot see what the big deal is. I wouldn't be bothered if my neighbours rocked out for about half an hour at 20 am, which was what happened here.

Last edited:
Give it up for Ohioans! I'm an hr from Cincinnati, 1.5 hrs from Columbus,but right now i'm 2 hrs NE of Cbs @ university! I was just in Cbs for a Crew Soccer match this Saturday!

awesome...:wave:

U2Man said:

The guy in question here doesn't work at all.

I see what some of you are saying, though. I can get irritated too, when I have to listen to music/noise that I haven't chosen myself. However when you live in a condo, there's no way you can completely avoid bothering eachother a little bit now and then. As long as it is within reason, I cannot see what the big deal is. I wouldn't be bothered if my neighbours rocked out for about half an hour at 20 am, which was what happened here.

Within reason, of course. Some might argue that listening to music at full volume in a condo is not within reason. There's loud, and then there's full blast.

[
I see what some of you are saying, though. I can get irritated too, when I have to listen to music/noise that I haven't chosen myself. However when you live in a condo, there's no way you can completely avoid bothering eachother a little bit now and then. As long as it is within reason, I cannot see what the big deal is. I wouldn't be bothered if my neighbours rocked out for about half an hour at 20 am, which was what happened here. [/B][/QUOTE]

What would bother YOU isn't the only standard of what is reasonable. I agree with what others have suggested: if you need to blast your music -- or even want to play it loudly enough that it could bother your neighbors -- use headphones. That way everybody wins: you can listen to music as loudly as you like without disturbing anyone.
Another win-win thing to try would be to talk with your neighbor. Crank up your music and sit in your neighbor's apartment -- that way both of you can determine just how loud you can play your music without disturbing your neighbor.
I live in a building that has very thin walls. It also has a lot of hospital employees as tenants -- and many of them/us get up very early and/or work very long hours. Think about this: the next time you go to the hospital, imagine that your doctor not only got up early, but slept badly or studied poorly because someone next door was blasting their music. :|

Think about this: the next time you go to the hospital, imagine that your doctor not only got up early, but slept badly or studied poorly because someone next door was blasting their music. :|

I agree. Utoo should know better :shame:

:wink:

Anyway, I've sorted this out with my neighbour. He admitted that he was drunk at the time. Not kidding.

:lmao:

Back
Top Bottom