My Mom is going to be pissed!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

FitzChivalry

Rock n' Roll Doggie VIP PASS
At the bottom of the ocean, in the deepest sea
My Uncle (by marriage) called this evening to leave a message for my Mom. It appears that My Aunt and Uncle put my Grandmother (who has Alzheimer's) in a convalescent home without telling my Mom or any of her other brothers and sisters.

Oh yeah, did I mention the kicker? They did this to my Grandmother TWO MONTHS AGO!

And my Aunt couldn't even call her own sister to tell her this, she had her husband make the call. :down:

So now, when my Mom gets home from working her 4th 10 1/2 hour day in a row, I get to be the lucky one to tell her this news.

:|

I think it warrants being said again: my Aunt and Uncle :down:

Good luck to you!

I have one better....10 years ago my mom with everyones agreement put my grandmother in a nursing home, she had dementia. Ofcourse the nursing home costs alot of money and would take all my grandmothers savings. Savings that we thought she had. My aunt was aloud to write checks for my grandmother....and apparently herself. She and my cousing stole around $45,000 out of her checking account. I can say that the day my grandmother died, they were on one side and we were on the other. We no longer speak to the other side of that family.

Sorry you have to go through that its horrible. :hug:

Wow that sucks. Family sometimes you love em sometimes you don't. Sorry fitz that you will be the bearer of bad news.

It seems everyone has someone they can't believe they are related to.

Sorry for what you and your family will be going through, Fitz. :hug:

It seems everyone has someone they can't believe they are related to.

Got that right! One of my aunt's a long time ago had her father,my grandfather,grant her power of attorney. Right after that she put him in a nursing home. To complete the deal she sold the family home for a $1 to one of the sisters. My grandfather had stated that if my aunt wanted the house she could use her money to buy it.

Sorry to hear about your situation Fitz :hug: That is pretty messed up with what your aunt and uncle did :angry:

Got that right! One of my aunt's a long time ago had her father,my grandfather,grant her power of attorney. Right after that she put him in a nursing home. To complete the deal she sold the family home for a $1 to one of the sisters. My grandfather had stated that if my aunt wanted the house she could use her money to buy it.

Sorry to hear about your situation Fitz :hug: That is pretty messed up with what your aunt and uncle did :angry:

Thats just sly. :|

:hug: I hope everything works out for you.

I have family that I don't really talk to. My grandmother had alzheimer's bad and my cousins used to take her money, so when my dad went to put her in a home they got mad. They came to my brother's wedding, but weren't very talkative to my family. I think they came for free food. They didn't come to the ceremony

Yup. Mom was pissed.

She was especially ticked at the fact that her sister isn't the one who called, and that my Uncle said the reason they didn't tell my Grandma's other children is that they knew everyone would have a different opinion as to what to do with my Grandma.

Uh, DUH! Of course everyone is going to have their own opinion and the outcome is going to have to be a COMPROMISE! Grandma is ALL of the brother and sister's Mom. :doh:

I just can't even imagine ever putting my Mom in a home without discussing it with my sister and then NOT telling my sister for TWO MONTHS where her own mother is living! That's just freakin' crazy!

(And to be fair to my own Mom, my Mom has called my Aunt's house within the past two months asking to talk to her Mom (my Grandma), but my Aunt either doesn't answer or says Grandma is busy or sleeping or something. So it's not like my Mom is distant or neglectful or what's going on with her Mom.)

(And to be fair to my own Mom, my Mom has called my Aunt's house within the past two months asking to talk to her Mom (my Grandma), but my Aunt either doesn't answer or says Grandma is busy or sleeping or something. So it's not like my Mom is distant or neglectful or what's going on with her Mom.)

Wow, so she's lying to her own sister? :| Now that's real classy.

Must be a sister thing. My aunts (who I love to bits) are planning to sell my granddads house, our family house, when my mum (and me), REALLY REALLY do not want them to.

Theyre more interested in the money from it unfortunately. :sigh: I wish I had money/a job, Id have bought it myself.

Oh, yeah. Keeps getting better:

My Mom found out today that my Grandma's been in that home since January 3rd. :shame: And my Mom had DEFINITELY called my Aunt's house to talk to my Grandma since the new year!

Last Thanksgiving, my Aunt B. from New Mexico took my Grandma for the holidays. So that whole time, my Aunt and Uncle here were shopping around for convalescent homes and then when she came home from New Mexico on New Year's, they put her in one and never told anyone what they had been planning.

Also, my Grandma - who has Alzheimer's - has been walking out of the facility and "escaping". Yeah, my Grandma who doesn't even know her own name, out in the city alone.

My Mom is beyond furious today. She says she's of a notion to never speak to her sister again.

I feel bad for my Mom.

^ I feel bad for your Mum too . . . she has every right to feel betrayed and let down by her sister . . . I will never understand why some family members feel it is their god given right to just 'take over' like that . . . so sad for your Gran too . . .she may have alzheimers but she still has a right to a dignified and peaceful life :angry:

I hope things get better for your Mum soon :hug:

If I was your mom I would be angry too. How could family not tell family what they are doing.

Y

bald-faced-lie! Wow. That must've really been hurtful for your mom. What a horrible thing to go through. Glad yer mama has a nice boy like you to help her through things.

My Mom is beyond furious today. She says she's of a notion to never speak to her sister again.

I feel bad for my Mom.

I am so sorry, Fitz, for your mom and the whole family (not counting the aunt and uncle).

My mother had similar problems with her sister when my grandma was alive, only it wasn't as bad. She also won't speak to my aunt because of what happened.

Like I said, it is truly amazing who we are related to.

Ugh, I truly sympathize. Practically the same happened to my mother. To make it even worse, when her mother died nobody told her. She found out that her mother had passed away and was already buried from a neighbor who saw the death notice in the paper. They completley denied my mother the chance to say goodbye to her last remaining parent. :|

I haven't talked to that side of the family (barring my mother of course) since I was very young. With damn good reason. :tsk:

:hug:

Oh, yeah. Keeps getting better:

My Mom found out today that my Grandma's been in that home since January 3rd. :shame: And my Mom had DEFINITELY called my Aunt's house to talk to my Grandma since the new year!

Last Thanksgiving, my Aunt B. from New Mexico took my Grandma for the holidays. So that whole time, my Aunt and Uncle here were shopping around for convalescent homes and then when she came home from New Mexico on New Year's, they put her in one and never told anyone what they had been planning.

Also, my Grandma - who has Alzheimer's - has been walking out of the facility and "escaping". Yeah, my Grandma who doesn't even know her own name, out in the city alone.

I feel bad for my Mom.

I feel for everyone involved, thank God your grandmother has Alzheimers and she doesn't know what people have done to her. Its a blessing in disguise.

that's crazy......I don't blame your mom for being furious. I would be too.

My grandpa had to be placed in a nursing home this past week after spending 5 days in the hospital. My aunt and uncle had a trip planned for FL for this past Thurs. Coincidentally, the same day my grandpa went to the hospital, my uncle who is diabetic was having his own health issues and went to the hospital for 4 days. The dr ok'd his travel plans so off to FL they went.

My parents and siblings have been to the hospital and/or nursing home every day since my grandpa went in (I'm in another state). My aunt hasn't even bothered to call since she left for FL. Obviously not the same situation as yours but I it still makes ya go :hmm: I don't get what goes through people's minds when it comes to their own family. I don't have an issue with the fact that they didn't want to cancel their travel plans but I do have a huge issue with the fact that they haven't called my mom to see how my grandpa is doing. Poor guy is 94 and completely mixed up as to why he's not in his own home and keeps asking where his other daughter is. She's relaxing on a beach not concerned with her father, I guess.

Ugh, I truly sympathize. Practically the same happened to my mother. To make it even worse, when her mother died nobody told her. She found out that her mother had passed away and was already buried from a neighbor who saw the death notice in the paper. They completley denied my mother the chance to say goodbye to her last remaining parent. :|

I haven't talked to that side of the family (barring my mother of course) since I was very young. With damn good reason. :tsk:

:hug:

That is one of the coldest things I have ever heard. Wtf is wrong with people?!

Fitz Im sorry that this whole situation just keeps getting worse :hug: Your mom has ever right to be angry! If I were her I would never speak to that sister again after the crap she has pulled.

Back
Top Bottom