My mellencamp CD pissed of people at 2 different churches today

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

U2democrat

Blue Crack Addict
It started as I was stuck in traffic in front of a very conservative baptist church. I had my windows rolled down and was blasting "Serious Business" by John Mellencamp where the chorus goes "sex and violence and rock and roll!" I got some INTERESTING looks....:eeklaugh:

Then later this evening as I was pulling into the parking lot of my church windows rolled down, I was blasting "Play Guitar" by john mellencamp and one of the lines goes "forget about all that macho sh*t and learn how to play guitar!" RIGHT as a bunch of little old ladies were standing in the parking lot. When they saw that it was the preachers kid getting out of the car they looked like they were afraid of me :shifty:. It was funny though. 2 churches in 1 day, all thanks to John Mellencamp.

John Mellencamp :drool:

When I was little and rode around in my dad's truck w/ classic rock blasting, he made me memorize the song by John Mellencamp, or Johnny Cougar as we called him, lol.

Radio: "little diddy 'bout Jack and Dianne..."

Dad: Liesy, who is this? who's singing? remember?

Me: uh......the Cougar man!

Dad: ..... Cougar...........

Me: .......................

Dad: J.... Jo.... Joh....

Me: Johnny Cougar!

Last edited:
I'm a Mellencamp fan, too, and that just might happen to me in the church parking lot if they're ever playing him on the radio (I don't have a CD player in my car). I especially like "When the Walls Come Tumbling Down". I like his political articles also, I agree with them.

A friend of mine (like me a huge Church fan) told me his in-laws (real tight arses) are convinced he's going to Hell, in part because of his love of The Church (definately NOT a Christian band). He told me one time his brother-in-law was looking through The Church section of his CD collection in a clearly disapproving manner. Anyway, my friend now makes sure he has the CD's most likely to irritate his in-laws in very obvious places whenever they come to visit. :evil: I'm so proud of him!

Oh, btw, The Church seems to have a disproportinate number of fans who are preacher's kids or who's parents (and sometimes siblings) are/were extremely religious. I think they may get off on corrupting us. ;)

Back
Top Bottom