My little guy is crying it out tonight

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Utoo

Rock n' Roll Doggie FOB
Wish us luck! My little 5-month-old dude is crying it out tonight. We did it with my daughter (who's now almost 3...jeez, I remember posting her baby pics on here) and it worked well. He's gotten to the point where it takes forever to put him down to sleep at night & naps, and he's waking more and more frequently. So, alas! He's getting the ol' Ferberizin' tonight! :sigh:

Good luck!

So, alas! He's getting the ol' Ferberizin' tonight! :sigh:

I have no idea what that means, but I initially misread it and thought, ".... you're spraying him with Fabreze? Is that what they recommend these days?"

:lol:

lol Cori! Good luck, it is so hard for the first little bit to do that!:hug:

Good luck!

I have no idea what that means, but I initially misread it and thought, ".... you're spraying him with Fabreze? Is that what they recommend these days?"

:lol:

Yeah, it's actually better than a rag with chloroform. :wink:

Ferber is the guy who wrote the book on letting a baby cry for 3 minutes, then going in & saying it's alright, then giving 5 minutes, then 10 minutes, etc., until they're asleep.

Did you see "Meet the Fockers?"

ROZ: I think that baby might need a couple pulls on that knocker of yours, Jack.
JACK: No, its OK, were Feberizing him.
ROZ: You're what?
JACK: The Ferber Method. You let him cry it out, this way he doesn't depend on coddling.
ROZ: On the other hand, the Continuum concept shows that a baby benefits from constant physical contact.
JACK:.....We use the Ferber method.
BERNIE: ...We used the Focker method. We hugged and kissed that little prince like there was no tomorrow. We Fockerized him...

We Fockerize in the daytime, but now it's time for some nighttime Ferberizing! :D

Phew----it took a little under an hour of going in every 5-10 minutes for him to fall asleep. Yowsers...Addie, though a super-spirited kid both now and when she was this age, only took 35 minutes the first night. Here's hoping that the middle of the night goes well...!

I wouldn't have any idea what Ferberizing is if it weren't for the episode of Modern Family where Cam and Mitchell are Ferberizing baby Lily.

I love that Cam has such a hard time doing it and keeps sneaking in Lily's bedroom behind Mitchell's back. I would probably be the same way. Don't know if I'd be able to Ferberize my kid. But if it works...

Ah, the good ol' days... :happy:

I remember having to do that with Maddy at some point. Just had to let her cry it out. The method works, it's just heartbreaking for the parents. Hope the little guy is doing alright Utoo :hug:

Yeah, you've definitely got to steel yourself up before doing it, and you only do it as a last resort when all else has failed. But I'm happy to report that Cole has done even better than expected! Out of four naps yesterday (ain't it the life!), he cried for 20min twice and [not at all] for he other two! And when we put him down for bed last night, he talked to himself for all of thirty seconds and then passed out. Woohoo!!!!

I wouldn't have any idea what Ferberizing is if it weren't for the episode of Modern Family where Cam and Mitchell are Ferberizing baby Lily.

I love that Cam has such a hard time doing it and keeps sneaking in Lily's bedroom behind Mitchell's back. I would probably be the same way. Don't know if I'd be able to Ferberize my kid. But if it works...

I was familiar with the concept but had no flipping idea that it had a name :lol:

m:heart:dern family :). . . tis educational after all :cute:

We used Dr. Sears attached parenting methods until month 4 and slowly worked in the crib and the Ferber method for sleeping around that time as well.....it was really difficult but did not take long. My kids are both well adjusted sleepers in pre-k and kg so we have no complaints.....hope things are going well....

Back
Top Bottom