My life is falling apart

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Nate Dogg

Refugee
I hate to sound like I'm whining....and I don't usually post in this forum, but I found out yesterday that my place of employment was damaged enough by Hurricane Charlie that I won't be able to work there anymore(I would be welcome back...but I can't wait that long without income!)..so I'm unemployed. This is the time I hate not having a girlfriend most of all....I could use the moral support of a female right now. I know there's lots of people who have lost more than me due to Charley, but it is scary not to have an income. I have a degree, and I don't want to end up working in retail forever.This fucking sucks...oh, and my baseball team(The Phillies) is in a freefall...man, they suck. Sorry to vent like this, but I'm just really down(the new U2 clip even failed to cheer me up for more than 5 minutes)...hopefully not out. Thanks.

cheer up, dude. :) You could be Scott Peterson. (Shrugs)...Okay, that might not improve YOUR life, but think of how fucked HE IS.

Keep it real.

when i feel like this there is a good U2 lyric to embrace

....and if you cant help yourself ...take a look around you...when others need your time........

this could mean going to work at a soup kitchen for some or just hugging someone else...
reading a book to your kids....maybe invite some pals over for a few hot dogs and some beers....

dont worry dog!

Sorry to hear about that, Nate. :( You seem pretty resourceful so I'm sure something will come around.. it just really stinks that it happened out of your control. Keep fighting!

And sorry about the Phillies... I'm a big Sox fan so I know what it's like to be disappointed with a baseball team! :p

I'm sorry Nate :hug: Don't apologize for venting, everyone needs to do that.

You seem like a very nice guy, so I bet the ladies are lined up waiting.

You have a kind and positive outlook, so I don't see how that won't come back to you in a good way. Try to keep the faith and not let it change the person you are. Best of luck to you.

Thanks everyone...actually, Carrieluvv, I spent a day up in Punta Gorda helping a low income housing project board up their windows to prevent looting. We cleared trees and debris from yards of people who had so little to begin with. I do feel lucky in that respect...it just feels like life here has completely been turned upside down. The stores and everything are opened back up in my area, but it will be much longer in the Port Charlotte area.It was a week ago the storm hit...it feels like two days ago. Everyone has been affected here. It's heartbreaking. I guess the worst that can happen to me is a few unpaid bills...that is fairly minor in relation to those in the hardest hit areas. Again, thanks for the kind words everybody.

Good for you Nate-it truly takes a good person to help others when they are in pain themselves. See, I was right :wink:

I will pray for you and all the other people in Florida who are devastated by this.

Last edited:
you'll be allright and i see you got a lot of female support here

:hug:

That sucks nate. I went through a similar experience when I got stressed out to the max and had to quit my hospital job. I had the feeling that my life was falling apart..........it was really hard, but in the end I was able to work it out. It was really painful, though. Hang in there.............:hug:

my in laws left tampa when charley came around ( they live in amobile home park ) and they went to lakeland and it hit there!
but they are allright.

if you have a thing like this happen to ya and you take on a new perspective in life...
ei: wanting a special woman in your life , reaching out to others it cant be all that bad. someother person ( female) maybe be feeling the same way you are
it CAN be positive

the bills can wait

I remember when i lived in florida and my husband whose in the navy was away and we had some hurricane effects in jacksonville
my neighbors really showed concern for me and my 3 kids and stuff...
those storms were like the world was coming to an end
no JOKE!

good luck to you and your neighbours. We get strong winds here, but nothing with the power of American tornadoes...my little town did get hit by some freakish tornado-like storm the night I first saw U2, but nothing like the extent of what happens in the US.
be safe up there.

thanks for the words everyone....I am definitely more upbeat now about things...I know it could be a lot worse(plus I've gotten a little government support in the meantime)..Now that the other coast is about to endure a Hurricane, I'm hoping they will all remain safe from harm's way...

I said this in the Frances thread in LS, but I'm sorry to hear about your job, Nate. We're all thinking of you and hoping for good things to come of this. Take care. :hug:

Hey Nate,
I live in the Tampa area & just got slammed w/ Frances..
I will try to lift your spirits by Giving you a Rare DVD of U2..

Please pick one from my list below & i will mail it to you ;-)
LIST http://tinpan.fortunecity.com/ambient/339/

Please email me privately off the Webpage ..w/ your address .

I have ALOT to choose from .
regards
MIKE

Mikefly said:
Hey Nate,
I live in the Tampa area & just got slammed w/ Frances..
I will try to lift your spirits by Giving you a Rare DVD of U2..

Please pick one from my list below & i will mail it to you ;-)
LIST http://tinpan.fortunecity.com/ambient/339/

Please email me privately off the Webpage ..w/ your address .

I have ALOT to choose from .
regards
MIKE

e-mail sent. Thank you.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom