my hospitalization, part 2

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

verte76

Blue Crack Addict
I just got out of the hospital after a period of depression observation. I got horrifically depressed and they wanted me to be in a stable, safe situation for a few days. It was only four days but it felt like forty. To be perfectly honest, the whole thing has me very pissed off. The timing was terrible. Why did it have to strike now? I'm probably going to drop out of school for the spring semester. I'm so tempted to go nuke my on-line registration. :mad: :censored: :censored: :censored: :censored: :censored: :censored: :censored: :censored:

I, too, wish I had some comforting or inspiring words to share, but, unsurprisingly, am lacking.

Depression runs rampant through my Mom's side of the family, including her, my sister, my Grandmother (may she rest in peace), and others. I've seen the impact it can make on people, and those surrounding them. Never, ever, am I feeling worse than when my Mom or my sister is in one of their more serious down cycles. All I want to do is help them, or help them help themselves, but, it's a seemingly impossible task. I lend my support, and my ear, and I hope they are able to ride it out and overcome. And, like your case, it always seems to strike at the most inopportune times.

I don't know why I'm rambling about them, I guess I'm trying to say that I have witnessed what this is like, and while I cannot relate to what it's like to go through, I have first hand knowledge of how frustrating it can be to the one who is suffering from it.

I hope you are doing better than you were upon entering the Hospital, I hope you are able to attend school this Spring and I hope that somehow this ails you less and less as the years go by. :(

I'm sitting here at 1:30 AM (I've been up since 3 this morning), obsessively listening to "Dirty Day". I can really relate to this song when I'm in a crummy mood. :mad: :censored: :censored: :censored: :censored: :censored: :censored: :censored: :censored:

It's funny you say that, because when I'm not doing well....I either listen to the Joshua Tree, because it does a good job of lifting my spirits....or, if I know I aint snapping out of it for a bit, Dirty Day is a song I gravitate towards.

Now I'm obsessively listening to AB, which is my favorite U2 album. There's not an emotion on the planet that that album doesn't express. Maybe I should crank up "Mysterious Ways". Maybe it's God acting in a particularly strange way.

Aww, verte. :( :hug: I'd have to see you have to drop your spring semester completely. Do you think maybe you could just lighten your courseload or something? I know when you're depressed it can be really hard to stay focused and perform well in classes, but it would probably do you some good to have something to be working on...a little structure.

i got you a little something :hug:

cretan_olives_499.jpg

:hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: Verte, I know how you feel and I commisserate with you. Continue listening to the music and reaching out, whatever it takes to pull you out of the rut (that's what I call it) and I hope that you decide to carry on with school too, even if just one or 2 courses, it will make a huge difference to your well being. Take care of yourself and know lots of us are here that understand, so let us know if we can do anything to help you!

:hug:

:hug: verte. I hope it helps that you're able to share with us and not bottle things up inside.

As for school, I would try cutting back rather than dropping out. It may be best to avoid a full course load, but one or two courses will at least give you something to occupy your time and something to focus on and help keep the momentum alive. But in the end, choose what's best for you.

Verte, are there any school programs that can help you manage? In college I had friends who suffered from bouts of depression and anxiety. We had a department devoted to helping students in any way, whether it be tutors to help with homework and papers, textbooks on tape instead of massive amounts of reading, mediation between students and professors to make sure the student's needs were met (sometimes changing test dates, more time for tests, help with lecture notes, etc). Maybe you have already, but it you haven't see if there are any resources available to you that will help manage the work load.

OK, I'll stop thinking like the TA I used to be.

Let us know how you are doing and if there's anything we can say or do to help!

verte76 said:
I don't think I can handle any school, period. Not one class. I just don't want to do it.

Ah okay, I gotcha. I don't blame ya, school can be a pain in the ass.

How about volunteering? Do you think there is something you might wanna do during this time? Helping others has been so rewarding to me during my lowest times.

We're all different though...but just a thought. :hug:

Back
Top Bottom