My Grandmother is terminally ill

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
She was the sweetest woman on the planet. And the worst part is my grandfather will barely live without her. I feel worse for him than anything else. He said earlier in the week that he seriously just wanted to die. :sad:

I can't even begin to imagine what he must be feeling right now.

I'm so sorry. You and your family are in my thoughts. :sad:

Lancemc, I am so sorry to hear this... For a big part I know how you feel, because my grandmother has been diagnosed too recently after having had an operation for something else... I will continue to think of you and your family, in the hope that you will find some peace of mind... Just take the time you need to okay? :hug: :pray:

Last edited:
Just got back from the funeral reception (do you call it that?). Everyone else is still there. I just couldn't take it anymore.

But it's sooooo amazing to see how many people showed up to pay their respect this morning at the service/viewing. Hundreds! My grandmother was one of the most loved people in her town, that much is for certain. This was my first funeral. I can say confidently that I wasn't the least bit prepared for it either. This has been the second most emotionaly draining day of my whole life.

The worst part was, everytime I looked at my grandfather, or thought of him, I started to cry uncontrollably. It's all so sad.

Back
Top Bottom