My girlfriend and I have just split...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Aardvark747

Blue Crack Addict
We've been together the best part of a year, but things havent been right for while now, so we've mutually decided to go our seperate ways.
Im just at that first stage of a split, when u just feel really lonely, and you miss the routines that you got yourself into with your partner....I just feel at the moment that im gonna be sad forever!:sad:

Not even the prospect of getting HTDAAB on Friday is cheering me up right now.
Sorry for sounding miserable, but I needed to get things off my chest!

Thanks to anyone who responds:wink:

Oh, my goodness, it is so hard to break up with someone who's meant alot in your life. It leaves a void, a feeling of emptiness, and the loss just really hurts. You're in my prayers during this difficult time in your life.

A mutal separation is always the best; with time, things do come full circle and the two of you may see that what you really had was better than what you were expecting to find...

in the meantime, don't mope; get your blood flowing and start your day, week and month fresh...the tour is right around the corner. good luck.

Hang in there, man. You know, there seem to be plenty of foxy ladies right here on interference...

:sad: :hug:

break-ups are never fun. but hang in there, you'll feel better before you realize. take a little time to vent your pain, to properly grieve the relationship--best advice anyone has ever given me, and it helped. if things weren't working out, it was for the best, and you were both smart to realize this. better alone and sad for a little while than lonely forever in something that just isn't working.

i predict you'll feel at least a little better with the bright new shiny bomb in your hands in less than a week's time. :wink:

Brother-man, it will be okay. Just look at how many people are reading what you've said; each and every one of those hits represent someone who has lost someone special...they got through the storm, and so will you.

Start some new routines, dude. My dad, who isn't too tactful, once told me something about relationships. I had just broken up with my girlfriend of nearly 2 years and thought my world was going to end. I was bitter, sad, lonely, etc...and I express sorrow because of the good memories we had together. I couldn't get over the fact that all those great memories involved someone I now hated. His advice was "maybe it's time to create new, better memories?". ----Those words have stuck with me, and I've been desperately working at making new memories that will negate those mixed rememberences that kept me bitter for so long.

Brothers have got to stick together! Be excellent to one another ;)

I hear ya. I just got out of a long one (2.5 years to the day) and now I feel angry about how the one that I thought was "the one" didn't work out, and now I have no one to share anything with. Things weren't really working out too much, and now that it is over she occasionally calls to say hi and I find myself not answering the phone because it is to painful to think about what I once had. I don't think we should get back together, but not having her is also very excruciating.

Heh, relationships are never easy.

Sorry to ramble in your post though... I just thought we shared some similarities in our situation. I do wish you the best though. Don't wallow in pity though... if you are upbeat then people will be more friendly towards you (they won't feel the awkwardness of not knowing what to say to you) and in conclusion you will forget about the pain little by little.

Sorry to hear that. When something like that happens to me I like to take my mind off of it by building. I have made some great stuff in my worst moments.

Just jump head first in to a hobby (school, work, anything) and try and clam down because of it. That works for me.

Good luck and sorry.

:hug: I know its hard i recently split up with my bf a few weeks ago. I really thought we were going somewhere obveously not in his mind!! Its a difficult process yet lonly one too! expecially going up to xmas! But we will both get through it together, chin up.
Im starting to feel a bit more happier now, but still a bit depressed!

In time our pain will pass though eh :wink:

My thoughts are with you. I wish there was an instant cure for a broken heart. My brother's wife just left him. He has been to the depths of hell these past couple of weeks. Just keep on reaching out to people. One day you will heal. But I am thinking of you.

Some say divorce or breaking up with a loved is the greatest pain, second only to losing a child. Hang in there.

Kate1 said:
isnt losing a child worse than losing a gf or wife?

I thought I said second to... losing a child is number one pain, no greater pain. Some say losing a spouse, or divorce is the world's second greatest pain, next only to losing a child.

Back
Top Bottom