My First Confession

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

sandals4321

The Fly
This is my first serious post. :silent:

I need to confess this. I think I made a mistake on New Years Eve. I ended up in bed with an aquaitance, someone I know through a good friend. Never have I ever had a one-on-one conversation with the fellow. New Years morning I find myself in bed with him. I left early and he went back to sleep.

I feel so akward around him now. I have been out in group settings with him twice since New Years Eve. I don't know how to act. I don't feel bad about what I did because it's not at all how I am normally. Our mutual friend knows. He apologized for his actions through an email. I told him not to worry we were both out of sorts. I still feel strange around him though. My friend knows what happened but I don't know what he is thinking now. Should I go out of my way to talk to him now that I was intimate with him? or should I just keep things friendly, similar to how they were before? I just don't know where to go with the situation.

I needed to get that off my chest.

Chances are he's feeling much like you are- awkward, a little embarrassed. Since you hang out in the same circle of friends and he was decent enough to send you an email apologizing, I say you send him an email as well (I'd normally suggest a phone call but you might both feel too uncomfortable). Tell him how you feel and that you hope the two of you can be friends etc. :hug:

when you look back at your life you will notice that the majority of your memories are things that you regretted doing the next morning. experiences are the names that we give for our failures. but maybe, who knows, mayber one day when the awkwardness disipates with time you guys might be able to laugh about it or even use it to build a relationship. it depends on how you feel about this person, you cannot let pity govern your actions, but if you like him, then communication will prove to be the solvent of your queasyness. i suggest broaching the subject jokingly, then if you were just a butty call to him, you won't embarrass your self. Just be true to yourself, altruism can be spiritual cannibalism.

Back
Top Bottom