My Deepest personal U2 thoughts

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
You are so right! When I started this thread, I felt old and weird for my connection with these guys! After my NYC trip, I am changed. I feel so young! We planned our trip on Sat at 1pm and by Sun at 5pm, we were on a plane headed to NYC. Being with other U2 fans in line for 5 hours made me realize I am okay. Most of the fans at the concert were my age! All of your posts here again stop me from feeling like a (as my daughter says) A 35 year old trying to be hip". I am glad I feel young...U2 makes me remember who I truly am deep inside my heart. I am still on a high!

Hi ree - I was standing on line with you (with signed hat). Glad you made it to the front. It was a bit crazy when they let us in as a group the line disappeared and it was more like a crushing crowd. Got a bit scary. We stayed toward the left side of the stage. Got a wave from Bono when he arrived. They sounded great and it was worth the wait! Glad you had a safe trip. You have memories that will last your lifetime! :sexywink: (By the way I'm 44 and have two beautiful boys)

REE!!! I'm soooo happy for you!!! :applaud: I've been wondering how you did since you posted on the 20th about the whole "age" thing. I wish I'd had the resources to just up & go to NYC like you did!!! "Old & weird"???? I THINK NOT - YOU ROCK!!!

Congrats on having the nerve to follow through with your desires - looks like it paid off in spades!!!! Here's to your next flight of fancy & the inspiration I've taken from your last one! :heart:

Good morning!! I will post more after work. Going back (& getting up at 5:55) to 20 wild 7 year olds is a far cry from my adventures last week. I knew it would happen, but now it is time to get back to reality. :( I am so not ready.

I am so glad I found this thread..I am a 33 year old mother of one (who can usually be found humming U2 songs) and I was beginning to think I had a serious problem. No matter where I am or who I am talking to, at some point U2 find their way into the conversation. I became a fan in the eighties but became obsessed in recent years when I had a brief bout with cancer. I have always enjoyed their music but I think ATYCLB gave me strength I had no idea I possessed. I just bought the Bomb this weekend and have fallen deeply in love....I am so glad I am not the only over 30 complete U2 FREAK!!!!!! Thank you all for your stories.

Okay, back from reality of a work day...first of many to come :( I have traced my footsteps of a week ago each hour of this long day back at work. I cannot believe a week has passed. Luckily those memories will last forever.

SEAJEWEL: HI!!! It was so nice talking with you and your sister last Mon. My friend got the feeling that you two were upset with us about all the attention and being allowed to go on in early. Honestly, I really enjoyed the attention, but each time someone came it was because people yelled, "ALABAMA...They came from AL to be here" (or something like that). It really started getting old, I was beginning to think. I just cannot believe an innocent conversation with a man about an inside bathroom instead of a port-a-john, lead to front row/center stage. I SINCERELY hope that we (and am so sure we will) end up on MTVs cutting room floor. I really felt dorky during the interview. I am so NOT MTV material. I cannot believe in all the madness no one tried to grab your hat!!!! I thought about it myself :wink:
No one ever mentioned the Access Hollywood interview being seen, so thank goodness we ducked out of that.. The only thing I know for sure is that we were in the NY Times, as guess what????? Our names and the fact we came from Gadsden, Alabama. Our local paper even picked it up off the AP. Can u tell we're really hard up for real metro news here??? Anyway, you 3 were really cool people to pass the time with. It went by amazingly fast mostly due to the good U2 company we were surrounded by. Take care!!!

OH>>>did I mention that my friend I was with ended up with VIP and Green Room passes to see her beloved Tim McGraw on the Today Show on Wed. I really figured our plane would burn in violent hellfire because of the fact we used all our luck up during our trip!!!

ree - Why would we be upset? - I guess you didn't hear me when I said "TAKE ME WITH YOU!" anyway I would hope the best for any deserving U2 fan - you guys seemed to be having fun being interviewed - I must have missed the NY Times Interview - that's great! I was able to hang on to my hat!:yes:

SeaJewel: Yeah, I heard that! I didn't know who it was since I was so freaked out at the time! I really didn't think ya'll were upset, but when she mentioned it, it made me wonder since we all sort of became "buddies". I am really glad to have gotton to know you. I hope that guy and the girls in front of us faired well. It is strange to think that we will never share such a cool moment as that again. It was ALL a very GREAT experience. The Times, was in Tuesday's Metro section...big write up about the show and day's events. When he asked me how I knew about the concert if it was a "secret", I mentioned INTERFERENCE.COM and he printed a lot of what I said. Of course he approached us and said (I quote): "You two look like you are both LONG TIME U2 fans." AKA: two old chicks
who've been around for awhile!!!!! LOL That's okay, I am in it for the long haul. Thanks for replying. Have a great night

BluRmGrl You are sweet!!!! That really pissed me off about the age thing. I didn't sleep all that night because I had no valid id w/ 1981 for a birthdate and no "club attire". Luckily, NONE of that mattered. It was fun checking back on the site from the hotel each night. To make matters even worse, the printer at the hotel didn't work and I had to email it to myself and find a Kinkos at midnight in a strange city! Luckily it worked out, but didn't need it anyway. Thanks for sharing in my joy!!!!!

Last edited:
Let me tell you, after front row center in NYC last week for the concert, the FAMVAN is a rockin!!!!!! I am at an all new U2 high. He ended the show by saying, "See you in the spring!" I am counting the days. ;)

I'm a 29 year old father of a 3 month year old.:wink: I've loved U2 since the 7th grade. I live in NY and hoped to be able to make it the free show in Bklyn (where I grew up). Suddenly 3 days b4 the show, my son went for a check up and we were told he needed immediate heart surgery.:sad: So we spent Thanksgiving in the ICU crying and crying some more. I told my mom to buy me the deluxe version of HTDAAB and bring it to the hospital. It was really helpful to listen to through the most difficult time in my life. U2 has always been there for me through good times and bad.

I'm sure you all can relate.

PS, my son is home and recovering.:wink:

Bless you all because I would have no one else to talk to about U2. My family doesn't even like me to mention them. They think my obsession is silly for a woman my age--48. But I don't think I would be the person I am without them. They are sources of daily inspiration to me esp. Bono. As a matter of fact, I was out shopping at lunch and Don't they know It's Cristmas came on in the store & I stopped to listen for B's part. I stood right there and said Ah Bono! right out loud. This was kind of an uppity store--so I got a couple looks :wink:

LOL, Bono's Doll...that happened to me in the Gap last year! I heard the song come on and got a big stupid grin on my face when I heard Bono's part :D

I am right there with ya! New version is a lot different, but I am glad that Bono's soulful solo is still intact. :)

NUMB: : I am so glad everything turned out okay. I was so caught up in the moment of being there that I never once considered the fact that something like that could happen. I left my children at Thanksgiving to see U2 (left AL for NYC) and felt selfish for that. We never really know how blessed we really are. My prayers are with your family for a continued recovery.

Last edited:
Nice to see U2's music deeply penetrating so many souls young and not so young... ;)

These threads are refreshing because I've always wondered if others shared the same passion for U2 that's grown in me. This site has been a wonderul revelation that indeed I'm not alone.

All I can add to some wonderful words above is to continue enjoying this beautiful ride known as U2. I couldn't imagine the last 20+ years without Bono, Edge, Adam, and Larry. I just wish they wouldn't run their album making like a US Presidential election - every four years. : )

You are not alone!!!! I fully expect my daughter/son cranking up whatever listening device is popular in 2050 in the nusring home while I listen to my golden "oldies" music.......U2!!!!

ree5669 - Amen!

Smart move passing U2 onto the next generation. U2 are one of life's great compasses. Whenever your lost just follow Bono's voice... ;)

Forty something woman here, no kids, because that might interfere with my U2 concert-attending agenda. I can be seen daily in a Ford Focus that's throbbing from the volume at which I play Love & Peace or Else and I don't care what the people in the next lane think of my singing, and they might even recognize me from my rather public job.

:wave:

Mr. BAW said:
Hello...I'm a 53-year old husband to Bono's American Wife; I am the father of 4 children ages 29 to 17...I drive a 2005 Nissan Altima blasting HTDAAB on an 8-speaker stereo system while the rear bumper has every U2 sticker you could imagine......think you got problems?????

:) welcome to my world....did I mention, I was 53 ????

:wave:

:laugh: Did I mention I'm stalking you and the missus on the tour?

Numb1075 said:
I'm a 29 year old father of a 3 month year old.:wink: I've loved U2 since the 7th grade. I live in NY and hoped to be able to make it the free show in Bklyn (where I grew up). Suddenly 3 days b4 the show, my son went for a check up and we were told he needed immediate heart surgery.:sad: So we spent Thanksgiving in the ICU crying and crying some more. I told my mom to buy me the deluxe version of HTDAAB and bring it to the hospital. It was really helpful to listen to through the most difficult time in my life. U2 has always been there for me through good times and bad.

I'm sure you all can relate.

PS, my son is home and recovering.:wink:

Wow, I'm so glad to hear that your son is doing well. Music can be such a powerful force in our lives and I'm really glad did help (and I'm sure it still does help) you through this most difficult time.

What an incredible thread!

44 yr old mother of 2 checking in. But I drive a gold Chrysler (old person's color in my husband's mind).

I feel the same way. My son and husband have to endure my choice on the radio in the car and it is generally blasting. And my husband my attraction since Gloria to B. They both occassionally complain much more loudly than they feel.

My neice who's 15 just started borrowing all my videos and wants to hit a couple of concerts with me. It will be a great time. It's wonderful that I'll be able to pass on the love of best band ever.

Back
Top Bottom