My computer died of mysterious causes

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

meegannie

Blue Crack Addict
I think my hard drive is screwed up beyond repair. I've tried reformatting the drive, reinstalling windows xp, everything. I have a presentation report, two book reviews, and two essays to write. I'm in the library now but it's WAY too hot in here, very loud, and I'm finding it impossible to concentrate on writing emails and reading Interference, let alone doing actual work. I have to walk about ten minutes to get to the nearest computer lab which is only open Monday through Friday from 8:30 to 6pm and much, much more louder and more crowded than this one which is fifteen minutes away. My side of campus, and especially the area surrounding my building, is incredibly poorly lit so I'm not too excited about walking around at night. I can't afford a new hard drive, so the company I bought it from had better replace it for free, and quickly (unlike the SIX WEEKS I spent without a computer last time when I had problems). :mad:

I hate the busy computer suites :down:
I hope you get your computer problems sorted out soon :up: :)

I hate campus IT centres too. They're always full of people who are just there to waste time before lectures and have no intention of working. :( I hope your computer gets fixed really soon. :)

:down: campus computer sites :down:

When I was at uni in 1997 there was only 1 computer lab in our uni and it only had about 30 computers :shocked:

The uni was only 1 year old and only consisted of 1 building then, though. By the time I finished uni in 2000 there was a grand total of 2 buildings and about 200 computers. For about 6000 students :angry:

FizzingWhizzbees said:
I hate campus IT centres too. They're always full of people who are just there to waste time before lectures and have no intention of working. :(

Have you been spying on me? :shifty:

Our unis dont have anything like that here beli. It would be a good idea if they started something like it though. They do have a minibus service from the union for drunk students getting home but I dont think it goes near my house because its out of the way. :down:

Back
Top Bottom