My cat died last night

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Let me extend a big THANK YOU to everyone here for their kind posts. I always know I can get some great support from the U2 fan community. You're wonderful people.

It's good to hear some encouragement that I'm not "silly" for caring so much about my cat. I don't know, maybe there's something about the male ego that felt hindered in mourning for a pet. But thanks for letting me know I'm not alone.

Unfortunately, I won't be getting another cat anytime soon. My wife and I are looking to move to China in a year or two, and so we're delaying any new cat until we come back to the U.S. I would like to have a new one, but we're just going to have to wait.

Much love to you all. Thanks for being so great!

I'm sorry to hear this. :( I have a cat who lives with my parents, and she's 17. She's been through a lot, but I think she's staying alive just to annoy my parents. ;) Anyway, it's hard to lose a pet you've had for so long. :hug:

Pets become our best friends, part of our family. Maybe even more since we can say anything and look any way and they still love us no matter what. It's the unconditional love that they give and their unique personalities that make it to hard to say good-bye to them when the time comes. So, please don't think you are being silly over the loss of your friend.

:hug: stammer

and :hug: to anybody else missing a furry, feathered or scaly friend right now.

My dog Jazz is 13 years old and 2 years ago our vet said she had breast cancer and wasn't going to live another year. We got another dog, Mimi, to take over Jazz's spot, but Jazz still hasn't died. She is healthier now that she has to fight Mimi for the spot on the couch and food.

I'm so sorry to hear this. :( I consider pets part of my family as well. My mom's 18 year old poodle had to be put to sleep earlier this year, and it was a very hard thing to do. :hug:

I lost my german sheperd last year and I cried for months. She had cancer and we had to have her put to sleep. For several days, I would not even leave the house I was so upset. I still miss her and think about her everyday.
I am sorry about your cat and hope you feel better soon.

:( i've got as cat which is now 16, she still looks and acts like a kitty but i know that one day she'll leave me... and my dog is 12 and she's got problems with her legs. she gets injections and pills every day, but that doesn't seem to help and so she's got huge problems with walking. i don't know how long she will live.
it's so unfair that they get old in the same time...
animals are not just animals. they are our family, so i think it's absolutly alright that you're sorry for your cat. and i'm sorry with you as a huge cats' lover.

Back
Top Bottom