My car was just broken in to

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
:hug:

That sucks! Thank God your CDs are safe! You can always replace your CD player.

Did it have a detachable face plate? Maybe you should remove it and take it with you every time you leave the car. Makes it less conspicuous.

What a shame ... :tsk:

At least, they didn't get your CDs ... :applaud:

Too bad nobody saw it happen, otherwise they could have called the cops and the idiot could have possibly been caught ... :up:

That's awfull!!! My husband's car was broken into a few years back. They took all his CDs (about 10 or so) plus the spare change and other stuff. I did feel totally violated when that happened.

Sorry to hear about that.

Mr. BAW said:
Pardon me while this former cop vents.........

Fuckin' prick bastards! :evil:

I feel better....:)

A couple years back, I was working and then I stopped by my son's Pop Warner game in Anaheim...through circumstance, I had traded cars with my daughter for the day, she and her friends wanted to go to the mountains...so she took the Nissan and I would up with her little truck...clean Toyota...

Someone broke in...took my briefcase...it contained 5 insurance investigations, tapes, Minolta X-700 SLR....are you ready???

A Smith and Wesson Model-10 .38 CAL handgun, 30 rounds of 38 CAL ammo., my retired poilice badge and ID...

My insurance would NOT cover a thing..."because they didn't try to move the car!" You see, if the car is moved, then its becomes a stolen vehicle and any contents lost is covered, without deductible...if the car is not moved, the loss falls under your Comprehensive which, in my case, carried a $1K deductible cause it was my daughter's truck..I told my agent that if this happened again, that I would be sure to push the car out onto the highway!

My gun is still out there, I've never carried another since...Hence, my reaction of Fucking Prick Bastards...you figure out if I mean the thiefs or Insurance!

And to your Sherry Darling, I sympathize with ur loss...

You know what?

I was at my local Dragon Buffet last night........

5 plates of awesome, spectacular Chinese food later.......
when I returned to the car, the rear driver's side door was open...... that is where I was sitting, and apparently the door was left open for the entire time, which was at least an hour.

So that means the auto light was on the whole time too,......... but

the battery was fine, and nothing was stolen......
that was a mysteriously open door, though. Wide open.... ..... ...

anyhow......

I hope the best for you..... maybe I can send some of my ..... strange...... luck............ your way......

:huh:

My car was broken into about 3 months ago--my cd player was taken--along with all of my favorite cds--including every freaking u2 cd I own (including my first ever cd Achtung Baby:sad:) So I know how it feels--i'm so sorry about your car--some people are just a-holes!

:hug: that sucks, but it's a good thing you're okay and none of your cds were stolen. :hug:

since everyone is telling a personal experience....
my friend who lives in the 'ghetto' part of Chicago, left all of his things in his dad's car (his $100+ jersey, cds, cd player, cell phone, and stereo) and when he got went back to his dads car after 30 min., he found out his dad left the doors unlocked and all of his stuff got stolen. I felt so sad for him cause he loved that jersey :slant:.

Thanks all! :hug: :kiss: My window has been fixed, and Tues the insurance appraiser is coming to look at the body damage and CD player, which they are covering. :up:

I just discovered, though, that my copy of U2's J Tree show "Save the Uppies" my favorite boot was in the CD player. It's gone. :cry: I'll have to post in the "what do you want?" forum and see if anyone can maybe replace it.

Anyway, yeah, it's the feeling shaky that's the worst. Right outside my house. :| But it's fine, could be SO very much worse and again, thanks to you all for the kind words. :)

God, I hate that feeling, my car was broken into on 9/11/01 of all days, they stole cd's and sterio, It leaves you feeling so hepless and agry.

Back
Top Bottom