My Brother Is In A Psychiatric Hospital - Help Needed

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
He's home, still on Zyprexa, and just belted me in the back of my head with his. Yesterday he attacked my mom and me for three hours at least. Something needs to be done. We can't live like this.

He's home, still on Zyprexa, and just belted me in the back of my head with his. Yesterday he attacked my mom and me for three hours at least. Something needs to be done. We can't live like this.

As much as you hate the thought, can he be admitted to a children's psychiatric hospital? It sound like he's getting worse! :sad:

I just read this now Reg and like many others, I just don't know what to say. I know the complications of many different medications that my mom has tried for depression but nothing like this. I am truly, truly sorry about what you're going through. A beautiful, funny woman like you should not have to go through this. It sounds like you and your mom's patience are beyond wearing thin. Just the best of thoughts and prayers for you Jess. :hug: :hug: :hug:

:crack: What the heck? Why is he still on that shit and who allowed him home while he's still agressive as hell?

Really wish there was something I could do to help.. :hug:

:hug: hun :hug: been thinking about you and hoping things have been on the improve . . .so so sorry to hear that it's not . . . I wish there was something I could do for you and your mum and for Riley . . . he must be in agony . . . I know it probably doesn't help much but just know that there are so so so many of us who are on your side and admire your determination to make Rileys life a better one and send hugs and prayers and love and hope to you from afar . . . I hope you all find some peace gorgeous girl, I really do :hug:

:hug: . . . :hug: been thinking about you and hoping things have been on the improve . . . just know that there are so so so many of us who are on your side and admire your determination to make Rileys life a better one and send hugs and prayers and love and hope to you from afar . . .

What Purple said. Exactly and verbatim.

Only the best thoughts going out to you and your family, Reg. :hug:

Went to the paediatrician on Friday. He has sinus disease, which is a chronic sinus infection. A growth or foreign body in the sinus under his right eye. Partial seizures. ANNNNNND acid reflux up to the back of his throat. SO the paediatrician, who also has a seven-year-old son with autism, is going to "confer" with (get in the face of) his psychiatrist and get him on stronger heartburn meds, a drug that helps with headaches, seizures and is also a mood stabilizer, and a 6-to-8-week course of antibiotics to get the current sinus infection out. Plus we're to get a CT scan for whatever is in that sinus and anything ELSE that may be going on with that kid's head. Paediatrician says he's probably so violent simply because he's in an assload of pain and that is setting off the seizures which is setting off the acid reflux, which is causing him pain. Can we say "vicious cycle"? Dr Carbone wants to (shock, horror) treat him before they try to fine-tune the meds. Plus, he hates Zyprexa. I love my brother's paediatrician. He went berserk when my mom told him just a few things about what was going on at UNI. She didn't tell him the whole story for fear he'd explode. But she will. And Dr Carbone will have a shit fit and I reckon some changes might occur up there.

Lovely how they figured that out after all these years. :crack:

I hope this will make him feel better though, that he can be the cool kid he once was!

Have been reading this for quite a while now, and I still don't really know what to say. I also hope this will make things better, for him and for you and your family. Good luck with everything and I hope people start realising that this is not the way things will get better, the way they've gone about it... :hug:

I am so sorry to hear about this. I don't know that much about autism, but surely someone has to step in for your brother's rights.

Riley is responding well to his new medications, hardly any outbursts or seizures. :D Slowly getting our kid back.

That's great news, Reggo! :)

My mom is a child psychologist, so she knows a little bit about this stuff (me, I haven't a clue.) If you need any advice anytime, feel free to pm me.

Back
Top Bottom