My biggest fear is....

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Volly

Babyface
Centipedes. EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEW!! Their sooooooo scary looking. I hate them and I got chased by one when I was 9. That screwed me up for life.

they aren't really... an aggressive insect, I don't believe...

but I guess the keyword is "insect"...

Well, good luck.

And make sure you check under you pillow at night.
I hear centepedes are pretty good with those sort of things...

:wink:

OMGOSH.
I'm freakishly scared of centipedes (and cockroaches) too!
I was screwed up for life, ever since my brother caught one and chased me around the house until I started to cry and that's when he felt bad and stopped... THEN left it on my bedroom floor..

ever since that I've been scarred for life. :sad:
gosh, they're soo scary looking. I mean.. is it necessary to have so many hairy legs?!??!?!

the soul waits said:
What is that?

If you're from Flanders then the Dutch/Flemish (?) word would be 'duizendpoot'. Sorry, don't know the French word for it. :)

And oh, they're not insects. Insects have only 6 legs, a centipede has lots more. :) They're from the arthropods class (?) (and OK, insects are a subclass of this)

And what is then the French phrase for a milipede? :wink:

*actually, it's kinda the same in Dutch where the translation for centipede involves the number thousand and for a milipede the number million*

Centipede
centipede150.jpeg

in spanish centipede is cienpies.... o ciempies??? haah anyway cien= 100 and pies=feet!!! :p horrible!!!! i hate them 2...

I have an epic battle with many forms of insects......

Especially wasps and colonizing insescts....
They try to invade my home, and I sort of make it a prioritythat they don't. It's sort of primal and maybe an egotistical male thing, but I sort of enjoy defending my home like that, even against insects

:yes:

But for some reason, insects are drawn to me.... I think it's my body chemesty, or something. I've tried lots of things, bugspray, but it doesn't work.

So like, if I'm in a group with you, you'll be safe, because they'll come after me..... :huh:

and I've got lot's of stories to back it up.......

Otherwise, I'll be carrying two fly swatters, one for each hand, and a can of Raid for my "homeland defense"

lol

MrsSpringsteen said:
Mine is snakes :scream:

Me too. Thanks to the little shit who bullied me when I was little, I had an irrational phobia of them for years after. So much so, that I refused to go to America on holiday between when I was 6 and 8 because I was so scared i'd see a snake.

ah yes...this thread reminds me of the big 2 inch cockroach i found on my living room floor this morning. my cat kindly carried it to the restroom where i not so kindly wrestled it from her mouth to flush the damned thing.

:crack:

I lived in Arizona from age 5-20. Seems everything there either has thorns or is poisonous. I learned to fear all insects. Especially after I was stung by a scorpion.:yikes:

U2democrat said:
mine is spiders. i can deal with centipedes and roaches and all that stuff...but not spiders. if i see even the tiniest spider i'll shriek and run away. :yuck: i hate 'em.

Me too. Any spider that violates my personal space will be subject to termination. No questions asked.

Mine are bees/wasps and heights :crack:.

I am so petrified of bees, once me and my family were hiking in Joshua Tree and came up over a hill and were faced with a swarm of bees coming towards us, so we turned tail and ran as fast as we could. Turns out they weren't after us, the trail turned and they just kept going in the same direction, they were just on the move I guess. I almost had a complete metal breakdown for a few minutes there. I couldn't stop shaking and was almost catatonic, my mom was really worried for a few minutes that I had snapped. This didn't cause my fear of bees though, my fear predates this incident.

Anyhow it's an adaptive instinct for people to be afraid of insects and snakes (which I am not afraid of) because many of them are dangerous. Those who had no fear of them got themselves killed :wink:.

Thanks for clarifying, Popmartijn, for a moment there I feared a centipedes is "een oorworm" - allthough I have to say, now knowing what a centipedes is, isn't much of improvement.
With all the 6-legged, 8-legged and non-legged talk, I swear I feel them on me now!
SOMEONE HOSE ME DOWN QUICK!

:help:

Note to self : do not open this thread again.

For Honor said:
they aren't really... an aggressive insect, I don't believe...

but I guess the keyword is "insect"...

Well, good luck.

And make sure you check under you pillow at night.
I hear centepedes are pretty good with those sort of things...

THATS NOT FUNNY!!!! *looks over shoulder*

JessicaAnn said:
Centipede
centipede150.jpeg

I broke out in a cold sweat at that picture. Ugh. I am so scared of those things. I remember being young and this one 'friend' literally chased me around the house with one until I was cowering in the bathtub crying.....they terrify me. (shudders)

Muggsy, I have the same thing with people in big costumes too. It scares me that you can't see the face of the person wearing it....I do all I can to avoid that too.

Try being bitten by a poisonous spider :crack:

I never liked spiders to begin with but now I'm even more terrified of them

Lesson learned: if you see what looks a bruise with a stream coming from it (looks like more bruising), GET TO THE DOCTOR NOW!!

Back
Top Bottom