My best friend's girl.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

mikal

Blue Crack Addict
(For the record, this thread is serious, so don't jump on me like you did yesterday please.)

Anyway, I think I'm falling for my this girl who's kind of dating my bestfriend. Last night, I found out that she has feelings for me too.

Her and my best friend aren't serious at all, so it wouldn't be like breaking up a marriage or anything, but I would still feel like such shit for doing that to my best friend.

I'm thinking I should just talk to him, and tell him, but I would never want to mess up my friendship with him.

Very confused here.

Has anyone been in this situation? What did you do?

any advice?

Are you prepared to lose you best friend over a girl?

I'd say talk to him first.

Originally posted by Sicy:
Are you prepared to lose you best friend over a girl?

No. That's why this situation is so tough.

I will talk to him though.

Thanks.
smile.gif

Didn't the Cars write a song about that? You know, it's not worth losing your best friend over. I've had it happen to me to though.

One bad thing about talking to him is that you could put him on the edge, or make him overly defensive and paranoid when you are around. If that condition dosen't exist, I would approach this carefully without rushing it. If these feelings don't go away and get stronger, then you may have to do something.

If she has feelings too, then it's likely she may break it off with him and then (i'm not sure the guy waiting peroid etiquite on that) something could come of that.

Good luck bro-

------------------
I want you to know
That you don't need me anymore...

no clue how to solve this. go talk to your friend but what to say except just tell him is beyond me. i hope he's reasonable.

best of luck and cheers!

I would have to agree with z edge on this one. Take your time. Give it a couple weeks, see where their relationship goes, see how your feelings develop. I dont know how long you've liked her, but perhaps you are only interested because she's off limits. I dunno... you really have to ask yourself if she's worth the potential fall out that could arise.
You will lose your best friend. I can't see how you wouldn't, and don't talk to him until you are certain you can't live without persuing this, because even talking to him about it could be disasterous.

I do not envy you.

Fuck. I hope you didn't do anything stupid. I've been the guy that's been screwed over in that scenario, and seriously, it's not cool.

Imminent destruction! Imminent destruction!

I had some friends. Lets call them Fred and Bob and Ann. Fred was dating Ann. Bob liked Ann. Ann liked Bob. Ann dumped Fred and dated Bob for 6 weeks and then went back to Fred. Bob now has broken heart and his best friends not all that happy with him.

This is while we are at Uni and hanging out in a big group of friends. Really uncomfortble. The rest of us just tried to lay as low as possible. It took years for everything to settle down again.

Unless you are absolutely sure this woman is THE girl for you, don't do it. It has the potential to be a bloodbath.

Last edited:
Aye, communication is the key.

Figure out what the boundaries are, what you're both comfortable with, what you both want, how you both read the situation, and what you both have at stake... Impress upon him how you don't want him to feel threatened, like you're trying to steal her from him, and that if he still wants her that you'll just back off now.

Friendship is beautiful and rare...

I read this thread thinking "Im sure Mikal just said he wasn't attracted to any of the women in his environment at the moment" in Acros Turnoffs thread.

Then I thought "Crap that was fast. Now hes fallen for his mates girlfriend, Oh dear, this is just wrong, wrong, wrong"

So that tainted my initial response above. :lol:

holy crap, it IS 3 years old. I never realise how old a thread is until someone complains about it being bumped! :wink:

update now, plz. kthxbye.

if he doesnt want to update us he doesnt have to. i say let the thread die.

hahahahaha

I've read this one a few times, and I thought I posted, but I guess I didn't. I never realized it was 3 years young.....

That's strange :huh:
but in a good way, sort of :yes:

Back
Top Bottom