My Best Friend

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

tiny dancer

Blue Crack Distributor
My best friend has a heart of gold. There is nothing that she would not do for me. She was there for me when my father died, and has been my biggest support in my life. Her husband is a gem also, for he never seems to mind when I come over to her house and when we go out and do things. My friend told me the other day that she will always be there for me. I'm very lucky and blessed to have a her as my friend. :happy:

i've been best friends with mine for 5/6 of my life...i haven't spoken to her in months because our lives took far different tracks and we're both very very busy, but i know that she's always there, and soon enough we'll be together just as often as in the past...i love her more than any other person in the world, and i don't know what i'd do without her...

I dont have a best friend :slant:

But my baby would do anything for me.. :cute:

I have the best best friends ever -- Sam (who I talk about too much so I won't say anything else about him :silent: ) and Jenn. Even though she's constantly confused :huh::laugh:, she would do anything for me, and I hope she knows the same about me (even though I'm the world's biggest bitch sometimes :reject: ). I don't get to see her very often since she's studying in London this year, but we still talk everyday on MSN and send each other WAY too many weird emails. I can't wait to move to England and spend this summer with my two favourite people in the world. :)

Stories for Boys said:
i've been best friends with mine for 5/6 of my life...i haven't spoken to her in months because our lives took far different tracks and we're both very very busy, but i know that she's always there, and soon enough we'll be together just as often as in the past...i love her more than any other person in the world, and i don't know what i'd do without her...

That reminds me so much of my best friend from highschool. :sigh: We were such great friends that I thought that we'd always be together. But right after highschool she moved up to Portland, Oregon to get away from her family, they moved up there, then she moved up to somewhere in Washington. Last I heard she turned her life around completely and is now married with children. I couldn't be happier for her... but I still miss her :(

meegannie said:
I hope she knows the same about me
:yes: :hug: Of course I do. :)
megan's my best friend, although she's become more like a sister (i'm an only child, so i tend to adopt siblings :reject: ). I know we'd both do anything for each other, and she's the person I would (and do) go to whenever I'm on the verge of a meltdown or something exciting happens, like a rockstar spotting. ;) I think she's one of the few people who really does understand me (especially since i have a tendency to fight off letting people get close at all). Oh, and we also can run the world...a small talent. ;) Even though we don't see each other much, it's one of those friendships where you know the distance doesn't matter. Can't wait for this summer, and hopefully I won't get kicked out of here in the autumn...which reminds me, she also actively hunts down british husbands for me - a true sign of a best friend. :)

i dont have a best friend, but i did have a great friend who's passed on now. i miss him.

I also don't have a best friend. I had already several in my life, but everybody was a pain in the ass after a while and started being mean to me.

Anway...

I am currently preparing for the first visit in a long long time from my dear friend. We went to primary and high school together( she is 3 years older than me). Somehow, once my sons started school, I just wasn't able to keep visiting old friends, we all drifted apart. But she definitely holds the title of oldest and dearest and best. We have been through some times together in out teenage years, she owned the "girls" white VW we used to roar around in.It was her dad gave me my nickname. It was me she asked for when her fiance was killed, it was me she asked to be her bridesmaid when she found love again.We go back a long way.
I visited her for an afternoon last Christmas ...she lives in a mansion. She has 2 weeks off work soon and wants to come for a visit here...I'm a bit anxious, I live in a shack...a damp shack after all the rain we've had lately..somehow I have to make a silk purse out of this sow's ear. So I'd better get busy.
So funny you should start a best friend topic now, tiny dancer...and thanks for the reminder, she does have a heart of gold and is very gracious. She'll forgive my surroundings.

Oh gosh...just remembering some of the good times we had :):):)

I don't have a best friend either. I have a small group of friends who I'm close to and would do anything for but I can't single out one of them as my "best" friend. And I'm actually closer to and more open with my on-line friends here than I am with my IRL friends.

But if I had to choose a real life person, my sister is probably the closest thing to a best friend I have.

I'm not sure if I've got a best friend anymore. I'm inclined to think the friendship is still there, but the "best friend"ship is no more.

And that sucks. Big time. :sigh:

meegannie said:
and Jenn. Even though she's constantly confused :huh::laugh:, she would do anything for me, and I hope she knows the same about me (even though I'm the world's biggest bitch sometimes :reject: ). I don't get to see her very often since she's studying in London this year, but we still talk everyday on MSN and send each other WAY too many weird emails. I can't wait to move to England and spend this summer with my two favourite people in the world. :)

I could have sworn you guys were cousins....:scratch:

Back
Top Bottom