my 18 year old daughter.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

nozomi

The Fly
she moved out--she and my husband have had discord and much angst.

please say a prayer for her protection and wisdom for the decisions she needs to make (she is very bright and headed for the University.)

THANKS SO MUCH!!!:drool:

Did she move out on bad terms? I moved out when I was 18 :drool: Seems a pretty normal age to want to fly the coop, if you can support yourself.

Thoughts your/your daughter's way.

If it makes you feel better, I moved up to Minneapolis to go to the University of Minnesota at 17, and I've done wonderfully, so I'm sure she'll do just fine. :)

Sometimes being away is better. Now I never really fought with my parents, but I moved out at 17 and after that my mom and I became more of friends then just me respecting her authority. Same with my little sister. I shared a room and a bed with her and we are 5 years apart so everyone in my house was just sick of being in each other's faces. When you reach adulthood, you just need your own space. I moved out and it was fine. I see my parents once a week unless they come here for something and sometimes I do fun things with my little sister that I never did before.

I moved out at the age of 19, immediatly after finishing school, because I couldn't live with my father anymore. We had a fallout, but things turned better once I had moved away. I never moved back home, instead, I found my own way, went to university and found myself a job. I have a much better relationship with my father now because of the distance between us, but I'm glad I never moved back home because I just cannot live with him.

I'm sure your daughter will be okay. Distance can make it all better. She'll find her way and have time to think about everything. Sometimes being away really helps. Don't worry, 18 is not such an unusual age for kids to make certain experiences for their own lives.

I keep my fingers crossed for you and your family.

I didn't move out til I was 20 or something. Lazy. :up:

All the best for you, noz!! :hug:

PS, I'll get you some info for the Well stuff, too. I haven't forgotten!

:easilydistracted:

I'm almost 20 and haven't moved out either yet. Am I lazy as well now? :wink: I think it really depends on the person and housing circumstances which decide if a person should move out at a young age or not.

Good luck to your daughter, nozomi, she'll probably be fine :hug:

JanuaryStar said:
I'm almost 20 and haven't moved out either yet. Am I lazy as well now? :wink: I think it really depends on the person and housing circumstances which decide if a person should move out at a young age or not.

Good luck to your daughter, nozomi, she'll probably be fine :hug:

You could be if your circumstances were like mine! I had no reason to shift out. I didn't really when I finally did, but it seemed like a good idea. To put this in some kind of perspective, I tend to make all major life decisions on a whim and with a shrug of the shoulders... Honestly, the things I've just woken up one morning and thought I'd do... Luckily they never really go wrong. It's the things which keep me awake at night which turn out to be bad decisions!
:lol:

Haha, I'm ethnic. We never move out. :wink:

Actually there is something to it. All my friends who were anglo-Canadians seemed to boot it out of there at 18. All my friends who were immigrants or kids of immigrants stayed home well into their 20s.

Back
Top Bottom