More Things I Hate

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
banks

b:censored:ds'

we pay a shitload each month in rent, but it doesn't count as being proof of being a good creditor :madwife: go figure, never missed a payment in a gazillion years . . . :banghead:

:sigh:

please don't tell me you bank with westpac? recently, we changed a few things around with them. we came off a year fixed and have locked into some shit low rates, the guy casually mentions we're paying through the nose for the credit cards. yes, we'd noticed that.. thanks. so anyway, he knocks about 8-10% off them and we're happy clams. the new cards arrive a week or two later and i go to use my new debit card which says 'press credit for... blah blah' ok, i get these things. debit mastercards. ok. i think my only problem is telling the difference between the master and the debit which are both blood red and painfully similar. but no. the iga rejects my card. confused, because i HAVE the money, i get nervous and credit card it. i forget and a week later am in the gamesmen, trying to buy some um... education software, yeah... for the kids... and i hand over my debit card and nervously tell the guy to choose credit for me.. it rejects! i KNOW i have the cash! i DON'T want to put another transaction on the credit just because this card is not working! i tell the guy, 'please hang on to these educational tools, i'll be back!' he smiles, thinking, 'yeah lady... you're just broke and embarrassed.' so i stalk off to westpac which is just a few shops down and say to the lady, 'i got these cards and i know i got money, look! my balace receipt! why aren't they working? :sad: ' she recognises me from the other week when we sorted out the changes. she examines my cards and swipes them and mutters. then she tells me:
'oooooh, yeah, see.... someone.... isn't smart. this debit card? it's a debit master, like it says, but it's now a cheque acct. card. i know, it's ridiculous.'
'but... i don't have a cheque acct. the chequebook is just a bonus of my savings acct.!'
'i understand. this is how silly this system is. you can't select savings on this card. only cheque or credit, and for some reason the credit facility had not been activated, which i have now done, and so before now the only way you could have accessed your money was to select cheque, despite you not having nor ever having a cheque acct. with us and only having a chequebook linked to your savings account. i'm really sorry, but the cheque button on eftpos terminals is the only one with a link to the falcon money protection programme which this facility uses.'

um. ok.
:scream:

please don't tell me you bank with westpac? recently, we changed a few things around with them. we came off a year fixed and have locked into some shit low rates, the guy casually mentions we're paying through the nose for the credit cards. yes, we'd noticed that.. thanks. so anyway, he knocks about 8-10% off them and we're happy clams. the new cards arrive a week or two later and i go to use my new debit card which says 'press credit for... blah blah' ok, i get these things. debit mastercards. ok. i think my only problem is telling the difference between the master and the debit which are both blood red and painfully similar. but no. the iga rejects my card. confused, because i HAVE the money, i get nervous and credit card it. i forget and a week later am in the gamesmen, trying to buy some um... education software, yeah... for the kids... and i hand over my debit card and nervously tell the guy to choose credit for me.. it rejects! i KNOW i have the cash! i DON'T want to put another transaction on the credit just because this card is not working! i tell the guy, 'please hang on to these educational tools, i'll be back!' he smiles, thinking, 'yeah lady... you're just broke and embarrassed.' so i stalk off to westpac which is just a few shops down and say to the lady, 'i got these cards and i know i got money, look! my balace receipt! why aren't they working? :sad: ' she recognises me from the other week when we sorted out the changes. she examines my cards and swipes them and mutters. then she tells me:
'oooooh, yeah, see.... someone.... isn't smart. this debit card? it's a debit master, like it says, but it's now a cheque acct. card. i know, it's ridiculous.'
'but... i don't have a cheque acct. the chequebook is just a bonus of my savings acct.!'
'i understand. this is how silly this system is. you can't select savings on this card. only cheque or credit, and for some reason the credit facility had not been activated, which i have now done, and so before now the only way you could have accessed your money was to select cheque, despite you not having nor ever having a cheque acct. with us and only having a chequebook linked to your savings account. i'm really sorry, but the cheque button on eftpos terminals is the only one with a link to the falcon money protection programme which this facility uses.'

um. ok.
:scream:

oh my god, i had a similar thing happen in the states. if i use my debit card overseas, i have to select credit rather than cheque. one store i used had a debit option, and i tried that about three times before i realised i had to STILL use my card as a credit card, even with the debit option. consistency = fucked.

please don't tell me you bank with westpac?

well yessiree bob we dooooooooo . . . we bank with w:censored:pac
sorry you had such a crappy experience . . . they excel at making people feel rubbish . . . superior little 12 year old who knocked us back last time seriously made me cry . . . we know our finances are a bit rubbish, thanks very much, but we do our bloody best, pay all of our bills on time, work our arses off for our kidlets and I can't see why we keep getting knocked back when there are other dudes out there with their eyeballs swimming in debt who keep getting loans for great fat wodges of cash so they can go buy another car, or bloody plasma screen or holiday or whatever . . . :rant::angry: . . .off soapbox and now in search of vino :wave:

When I buy something, particularly food, and my family eats it all and I don't even get to try it. :scream:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom