Missing person

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I am so sorry.
I have been checking in here since you opened this thread. I keep hoping to see some good news. Again, I am so sorry.

Thanks everyone, I very much appreciate it.

60 hours now and no sign. It is so strange (and maddening), that a person can just disappear without a trace.

My one aunt is proposing to hire a psychic. My Mom called me to ask what I think about it. To be honest, not much, but I feel like if she would feel better doing it, what's the worst outcome? She's out a hundred bucks? Not a huge deal. Let her do it and she'll feel productive, because that's the worst part, just not being able to do a thing.

It's very hard to describe how this all feels. Now I know how all those people on TV feel when they talk about their missing loved ones. You go through a hundred theories in your head every hour, and probably as many emotions.

At this point, given just how weak and frail he is, I have started to slowly accept the idea that he may just not be coming back. It's not like giving up, it's more like giving rational thought to what the most likely outcome is.

Then again, tomorrow is a new day, as always.

How scary for your family. I hope you find him soon. Cant hurt to hire a psychic...

I wish that I had some news to report, but unfortunately nothing. It's been over 3 days now.

My aunts met with the psychic, who told them that she sensed that he had walked and walked and then fell down a hill/incline and that she feels that he has passed on. My Mom isn't really one to believe these things but she says that she has felt that exact way the whole time so she is inclined to believe it.

Realistically there is almost no way that he could still be alive in those temperatures/conditions without food, water and his medications. I do hope that they find him, whatever the state is, very soon. It is like living a nightmare.

Finally, a break.

He was found after about 76 hours of having been missing. He is still alive, but just barely, which is not surprising. They have transported him to the ICU, but it seems that his kidneys are shutting down from dehydration and also he seems to have been drinking dirty water/mud so now has massive bacterial infections. He is not responsive and even if he survives this I don't think that he will ever really remember where he was or what he was doing this whole time.

Nothing to do now but sit and wait. It is a huge, huge relief for us that we know where he is and that we now know he is being cared for and is not suffering.

One creepy thing was that this morning the psychic told my aunts that he would be found in 7 hours and less than a kilometre away from the cottage. And he was found exactly 7 hours later, 400 metres away, having somehow crawled his way back from wherever he was and then collapsing.

Thank God, so glad to hear he was found. Even if he doesn't make it, at least he's with friends and family and safe. I'll still pray for him to come out of this though.

:hug:

What a relief to have found him. My thoughts continue to be with you and your family.

Thank God he was found! Like Bono_212 said, even if he doesn't make it, at least he ends surrounded with loved ones instead of being alone.

Wishing and praying for all the best, Martina :hug:

Finally, a break.

He was found after about 76 hours of having been missing. He is still alive, but just barely, which is not surprising. They have transported him to the ICU, but it seems that his kidneys are shutting down from dehydration and also he seems to have been drinking dirty water/mud so now has massive bacterial infections. He is not responsive and even if he survives this I don't think that he will ever really remember where he was or what he was doing this whole time.

Nothing to do now but sit and wait. It is a huge, huge relief for us that we know where he is and that we now know he is being cared for and is not suffering.

One creepy thing was that this morning the psychic told my aunts that he would be found in 7 hours and less than a kilometre away from the cottage. And he was found exactly 7 hours later, 400 metres away, having somehow crawled his way back from wherever he was and then collapsing.

My 84 year old uncle fell in his own back yard and laid on the concrete in the sun for a few hours. When my aunt came home from playing bridge she found him. He was dehydrated, his kidneys shut down. He spent the next couple of months in the hospital. He never got strong enough to stand or walk again. He stopped eating. They wanted to put a feeding tube in. He would not have it. He was a WW II vet. I told him he fought a war and won. I asked him to eat, to fight one more time. He said he was all done fighting. He asked me to take care of my aunt. He passed on a few days later.

I don't know if your grandpa will make it back, I hope he is not suffering too much.

Oh I'm so glad you found him. I would imagine the not knowing would be the worst. :hug: I will keep him in my thoughts and hope he makes a recovery.

Martina, I join you in celebrating the discovery of your grandfather & I continue to pray for your family as he is treated. :hug:

Wow..

Wow, I'm so glad that he was found! It would be awful to never know what happened. I'll be thinking and praying for him and your family.

He is still hanging in there, falling in and out of consciousness, with some ability to communicate. He remembers going for a walk but then when asked where he slept, he says "in my bed in my room." I thought in a weird way it is almost a positive thing that he suffers from dementia as he probably truly doesn't remember his ordeal.

The doctors don't want to give us a prognosis due to his age and his condition when he was brought in, so it's pretty much day to day.

Thanks to all of you for listening and following along. It has meant a lot to me to be able to write all this out. :hug:

Back
Top Bottom