Meus is sillius.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ants

The Fly
Okay okay so I didn't get to ZOOTV! Do you have to put a whole area up devoted to people like me?! I regret not going (so I was only 12 at the time) but I now know the whole Sydney concert off by heart so I think that makes up for it...AND I live in Sydney. I have nightmares about going to U2 concerts and not being able to buy merchandise 'cause I didn't do that either at the Sydney PopMart. Damn it I so suck.
frown.gif

------------------
There's no business like ZOOTV business.

aloha Ants!
sorry that you didn't get to go to ZooTV
frown.gif
. I was 12 at the time too, but i BEGGED to be allowed to go, and it worked and i went to ZooTV in London (i was living there at the time). but i won't rub it in your face how cool the whole experience was. i know i lot of peeps who hate it when i do.
-spunkyspike

teee hee hee hee you're funny!
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif

Say that again and I'll rip your head off.
wink.gif

------------------

Hmmm I don't know. You can always get it on video and watch it....still my nightmares have stopped! I'm less anal than before!! ooooooh that's gross.
wink.gif

------------------

YOU CALL THAT A NIGHTMARE??!!

I didn't get to see Zoo TV AND PopMart!!
I even never lived the experience of a new U2 album...The singles going out...

When Zoo TV kicked off I was only 6 year old, and during Popmart I was 11-12 year old!!

I wasn't born when Boy, Octiber, Was, Under A Blood Red Sky, The Unforgettable Fire were released.... I was only 2 year old when The Joshua Tree was realesd!!!

So my only U2 "experience" was seeing the Million Dollar Hotel sundtrack album going out... And also reading all the bad reviews!!! But fuck all of theese reviews it's a great album!!
Oh yeah and another experience(if u can call it an experience) is listening tp Pop with maximum voice in headphones!!

See how dispirit I am?! You should thank God that u even got to see them live!
Cause Bono said that their next tour will be indoors, that means I'll never get to see them playing in stadiums, with huge tv screens...

------------------
Mr. MacPhisto
MacPhisto9456@hotmail.com

WATCH MORE TV

frown.gif
frown.gif
that's really bad!
Well if it's any consolation, if they do an indoor tour then there'll probably be more shows so you can go see them more than once! Which is what I'm hoping for in the next tour!
biggrin.gif

------------------

howdy,
sorry mr. macphisto, but i'm sure you'll get to see the boys when they come around. their concerts are fab (i was lucky enought to go to ZOOTV and POPMART).for how long have you been a u2 fan? (i became i fan when joshua tree came out, i was 6). best of luck when they start touring again (the anticipation is getting near frenzy for me!!
biggrin.gif
)
-spunkyspike

I hope I'll get to see them more than once in their next tour, but still, it won't be the same without the tv screens, belly dancers, 100 trucks, technology...

Spunkyspike, I've been a U2 fan since the U2 weekend on mtv...about a 1\2 years...
Thinking about it right now, I knew them before with the song Numb, I remember back then I used to like the video when Edge get tortured! But years after I conneced that it was U2!

------------------
Mr. MacPhisto
MacPhisto9456@hotmail.com

WATCH MORE TV

Greetings and salutations
Well the closest I myself have gotten to a U2 gig was when they played in 1988 in my town (Wellington, New Zealand, in case any of you know where that is
wink.gif

I live on the other side of the harbour from the city, quite a long way from the stadium, yet the sound carried (ACDC was the only other band ever to achieve that feat). I was a very impressed 9-year-old!

My older sister owned The Joshua Tree, but I myself didnt really get into U2 until about 3 months after they played in NZ. Bad timing eh...

And then they didnt come to New Zealand on the Popmart tour, and I couldnt afford to go to Australia (sigh)

If they dont make it to NZ on this tour, I'll brave hell or high water to see them. I am _not_ missing out again!

Mermaid

i have to say it i couldnt assist to the pop mart tour because mexico city is 1000km away and i did not have passaport to go to san antonio,or money enough to pay the trip and the ticket,besides that the tickets sold out in a day
buaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

------------------
mexican poet but not a very good one

Wow, weird chat flashbacks to the days of Ant from Syd and Dolphin/Ely/Chris/Bonofide from Kiwiville.

Hmm, I'm wondering too manda. Where did you drag this up from?

Originally posted by Sicy:
Me too!! * cries

No ZooTv and No Popmart? And elvis let you become a mod?

Notice: Some Interference Mods are U2 Newbies...the worst newbie of them all.

CK

So would you also call me a newbie because I have seen the Joshua Tree show 11-14-87???

Yee Haw.

Well, if Sicy's a newbie, she's the coolest damn newbie in town!

------------------
"YOU CAN'T HURT ME! NOT WITH MY CHEESE HELMET!"

Originally posted by mikal:
Well, if Sicy's a newbie, she's the coolest damn newbie in town!

Awww and I thought I was the coolest... *curses quietly*

LOL *only now realises how little this has to do with anything*

oldest thread ever

------------------
you can stuff your sorries in a sack mister

Well ants, let me share with you a story. It's about a girl who grew up watching MTV all the time. She grew up and remembers U2 things such as the ZooTV tour and POPmart tour and videos and whatnot. Well, then came the ever fabulous ATYCLB. Of course, the media made a HUGE deal out of it, but the girl still wasn't that interested. She was offered tickets to their show in May in Minneapolis. Not just any tickets. Tickets inside the heart. As in VERY close to U2. Oh, but she passed them up. Shortly thereafter she discovered the greatness of U2. Now I kick myself in the ass everyday for doing that. But I cannot change the past. So there, does that make you feel better?

------------------
Taste is the enemy of art.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom