MERGED ----> why do i have to be happy on New Year's eve? + Anyone else hate New...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

e edge

The Fly
why do i have to be happy on New Year's eve?

i was just writing a reply to one post about being alone on Xmas and New Year's eve and that thought came to my mind: do i have to celebrate the end of the year? he society makes me do that- everybody's happy, going to some parties or whatever, so i should do the same and if i don't, everybody's surprised and can't understand me. and what if i'm not happy with the fact that another year just ends? another year of broken promises... i'll get older again, i'll make some stupid promises at midnight again and i won't keep these promises again. i don't need that! can anybody understand it...?

i know I wont be happy on new years eve either. It's just a night to make me feel lonely while the rest of the world is ringing in the new year with somebody to kiss...I dont have anybody and it's been that way for a very long time. So, I say BLEH!!!!!!!!!! to new year's eve

fuck no you dono't have to celebrate. i'm celebaring the end of a shit year but unless there's a reaon to celebrate no one has to celebarate. i don't remember the last new year i remembered nayway. it's all an excuse to get trashed and do the things you've wanted toall year but havent for fear of consequences. reality's supsended for nye.

i like to watch twillight zone , previous year they were showing it for 24 hours all day , all night , i'll be lonely too , so if anyone in boston area ,

I typically hate new years eve. I've rarely had a good one. Definitely not fun, celebratory times. Who knows, maybe I'll vow again to have a decent one this year, but we'll see...either way, you aren't alone in your feelings about it.

you dont have to be happy on new years eve. but that wont accomplish anything. 2 years ago i was alone, and i rang in the new year watching Interview With The Vampire, and i hardly noticed the sound of guns going off. last year i was with a couple of friends and almost everyone had someone to kiss. except me of course. after a while, i started to think...it would have been nice to be kissing someone then, but i try not to think of it. this year, its a bit different. alot of shit happened this year and its just one of those things where i just dont want to be alone.

New Years is totally overrated IMO. I only like it b/c I can blast New Years Day over and over on January 1 :wink:

Mmm...I'm not a big fan either because I don't think it's that special, but I do treasure any night that I can hang out with my friends and/or family and get a bit drunk, play U2 music (especially New Years Day) and just have a good time. It would be nice to have someone special for a change on new years though...

In the 15+ years that BAW and I have shared, we have NEVER gone out on New Year's Eve....we entertain ourselves with food, drink and a continual flood of DVD's...Slane kept us smiling last NYE...we'll be home in case anyone wants a call or a kiss! :up:

ps...Icelle, come by if you wanna kiss!!! :kiss: :lol:

I don't celebrate New Year's, generally speaking. But 2004 has been such an awful year that I might do something to celebrate getting the hell out of it.

Thinking negatively is going to get you nowhere. You havefamily and friends to go out and celebrate with. Regardless of what type of year you've just had a new one is just around the corner so look forward to that. Our family haven't had the best of luck for almost 2 years now but we're still here and we all still have each other and that's the most important thing. Here's to 2005. There's always something to be positive about. I love making resolutions and not keeping them. I'm lucky if I last 2 days. :up:

Everyone gets a year older, everyone makes stupid promises they won't keep but not everyone is feeling down about it.

Lara Mullen said:
You havefamily and friends to go out and celebrate with.

I'm sure you are addressing e edge, but...I just wanted to say that that's not true for everybody. For me, are all back in my hometown. I have not made any friends in this town. I have my dad, but we don't go out...we stay in...because he doesn't know anybody either. Besides, I'm working 11 hours at one job on New Year's Eve, and I'm sure I'll also be working the other job on New Year's Day, so...meh.

I only went out one New Years Eve and that was last year with just my sister and a friend and we had a great time. I've spent the rest at home and one year in casualty with just my Mum because I fell and hurt my head. I still enjoyed myself. We spent that night prank phone calling my Dad :reject:

I'll be spending my next New Years in spain by myself because we don't get to go with friends and because you're only allowed to come home for a certain length of time and I'm coming home for my Dad's birthday. I'll just call home and look forward to that instead. :up:

The last two years I haven't even stayed up to bring in the new year with family, let alone going out. But this year I plan on doing something, it's been a pretty good year, compared to last year anyway...

Anyone else hate New Years Eve?

This holiday can be such a pain in my ass! Obligatory socializing events are not really my thing, but I also hate wallowing in self pity by myself when I know everyone else is out 'celebrating'!! The last two years I had a girlfriend, so at least I knew I would have something to do then. Now... who knows what kinda crap I will get into.

Anyone think this holiday is somewhat of a nuisance?

Look 6 threads down and yuo'll find a thread just like this :up:

i tend to not remember my new year's

testjeballoons.gif

Back
Top Bottom