MERGED->I dont know how all you long distance girls do it + Something I dont undrstnd

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
The Gears Have Been Grinding Now...

Okay, so now I can't stop thinking about it...and I decided I really wanna get my ass over to Virginia...

I'm going to be looking into things.

Yeah!!! ITS ABOUT TIME!!!

And skip the family conflicts. I would have the same doubts like you about the family, leaving alone dad etc., but I think you have to live your own life, no? Maybe he can find a new partner? Don?t go to your mother. Five hours is too far away. Get a room in the same town. With the commitment until June thats ok,... you will need a little of time to organise everything, find the room etc., which should be free from the first of July.

Put up a deadline for yourself. Don?t let time just pass by. Its too precious.

GO GIRL!!!

Re: further evidence that i'm a freak

joyfulgirl said:
For me, the ideal relationship is when he's at least an hour away. "I need my space, man." But that seems to be changing. The latest is only 25 minutes and so far I'm breathing okay.

freak :wave:

Bonochick said:
Okay, so now I can't stop thinking about it...and I decided I really wanna get my ass over to Virginia...

Wow!!! That would be great for you two!! :hug: It's really not that hard. I moved by myself from Kentucky to DC when I graduated college two years ago (when I was 20), and it wasn't the easiest thing I've done, but it wasn't too bad. You just have to live on a budget and cut back on some luxury items (I'm doing that even more since I put at least $500 each month into savings). Even in expensive areas, you can find a decently priced efficiency apartment, which is plenty of room for two people starting out. :)

Does John have loans for college? That's something to consider. It's a pain to have to owe money, but student loans aren't that bad and EVERYONE has them (you can actually put off paying them for a long time if you do it right....I'm paying mine NOW, but who knows about later.....:shifty: ). That might give you guys some extra money to live on if he could do that.

If you don't mind my asking, where in Virginia would you move? Most of my family lives there and I know a lot of people in northern Virginia. If there's anything I can do to help or to offer advice, let me know. :)

Re: The Gears Have Been Grinding Now...

Bonochick said:

We are going to hold you to it! Hiphop is right! The timing will never be perfect. You just gotta take the plunge now, or you never will. Good luck! :D

meegannie said:
If you don't mind my asking, where in Virginia would you move?

John lives in a little town called Radford. It's close to Christiansburg, Blacksburg...that area there!

John doesn't have student loans. I do though...that I have to start paying back soon. However, I just went to a community college, so my loans are small.

I talked to John..I don't know...he just got his hours cut at work, so that REALLY sucks...he doesn't seem to think we can do this right now. I'm so fucking determined now though...there HAS to be a way...

Bonochick said:

John lives in a little town called Radford. It's close to Christiansburg, Blacksburg...that area there!

I went to school in Blacksburg. :) Great little town. I know the area well. Or used to. Actually I probably don't know it at all now--I hear it's changed considerably. B'burg was just a sleepy little hippy college town when I was there.

I had some good times in Radford, too. Really good. :censored:

mass of emotions.

just felt like venting here for a sec.

:banghead:

sorry, i'm being swept away in my pity party cuz i really miss him tonight! *sigh*

maybe some JT listening is in order.....

Aw Carrie :hug:

I know the feeling, only in a lesser form I guess since Bill is so close to me... but any guy who willingly flies over continents just to see you is definetly worth keeping!!

How long do you think it will be before you can be together again?

She ls Raging said:
Aw Carrie :hug:

I know the feeling, only in a lesser form I guess since Bill is so close to me... but any guy who willingly flies over continents just to see you is definetly worth keeping!!

How long do you think it will be before you can be together again?

Thanks Kathleen! sometimes after we get off the phone I just get so bugged out, and last night was one of those nights!

I'm going to see him February 20th for a couple weeks, so we definitely have a date to look forward to. And then he'll be coming here for five months starting in June. That will be wonderful! :heart:

I am starting to lose my marbles.
My faith in this long distance stuff is wearing thing.
I guess you just have to leave it up to fate. :crack:

drgnwolf1969 said:
being apart from the one you love, who is so far away, hurts like hell. You walk along seeing people holding hands in the malls or anywhere and thats when you remember the times of holding her hand and when you reach for her hand ...and you are still daydreaming....it brings you crashing back to reality that she is not there and it hurts you deep inside. I know that we will be together for the rest of our lives but i still miss you Bonochick....every day:sad:
Awwwwww....that is just....too fookin sweet for words....
You 2 are getting married....you're made for each other...
Kudos to you both for not letting the distance get in the way...that speaks volumes on both your inner strengths and love for each other....
I'm touched beyond words!
:cute::heart:

:hug:s to all of you. your strength is so obvious..the long distance thing didn't work at all for me, so i really admire you guys...

:hug:hiphop:hug:

Stories for Boys said:
:hug:s to all of you. your strength is so obvious..the long distance thing didn't work at all for me, so i really admire you guys...

:hug:hiphop:hug:

thx...

and this man in your signature is staring at me and asking me what i want

It's even worse when you are with someone and seven months in she tells you she has feelings for another guy. What's worse is that she only knows him from being online

:hug: Cajun.
Love is too tough sometimes. I know that sounds trite, but it's so true.

You know that song, "You're Nobody Till Somebody Loves You"? Well... what a shitty thing to sing. I mean, it's so horrible! But in a way... I finally understand what it's saying. I used to think, bah, I *am* someone dammit! But the sad thing is... no matter what we do in life, it all comes down to love, and how much we want to love and be loved. :sigh: I feel finding true love is like winning the lottery. Those that have found it, cherish it. You're rich.

*Here's to the never-ending quest for true love. :heart:

It's amazing what crap we put ourselves through to attain that goal.

Disclaimer: This post is not really directed at anyone in particular. I am just a fan of Dean Martin.

good post, angel...and very true. no matter how much we try and convince ourselves that we can make it as individuals, i seriously doubt that anyone doesn't long for love...

:hug:zoney:hug:

so there are nine thousand miles between myself and the man of my dreams. so what? do i feel any less loved simply bc an ocean and a couple of continents are standing in the way? no...i have felt such complete happiness, such a pure feeling of absolute joy since the day i discovered that this man was in the world. (and one of us has been singing in the streets of vienna...)

i am not afraid of nine thousand little miles...nine thousand miles do not keep us from talking all day, everyday, even if one of us has to stay up late into the night or rise a little earlier than we are used to...

when we met, he told me that he believed in love. i, on the other hand, was not so sure. but through his faith and his spirit and his grand passion, he has taught me to believe once more that indeed, love knows no bounds. love can travel over the mountains, across the seas and through the driest of deserts.

do i know what the future holds for us? no. not any more than he does. but for now, one small step at a time, we are planning visits, dreaming together and hoping that these dreams can come true... and even if these dreams never come true, i am the luckiest girl in the world for having had this man in my life, even if it cannot be forever...

so please...don't ever give up on love, no matter what distance it may have to travel...and no matter how many miles your heart is aching across...

bonosgirl84 is not bono?s no more... she?s mine.

i got that song spinning in my head.. electrical storm... U2, like always have captured a moment in time, perfectly

you?re in my mind, all the time, i know its not enough

if the sky can crack there must be some way back

for love

only

love

I am very sceptical about this long distance love stuff with someone you have never met especially as I know one person here who well I think has probably told a few people how in love they are with them :silent:

Yes, true, we are sceptical at the distance of 9000 miles (surely different from 4 buses to take and one hour, lol).

On the other hand, we talk such a lot, and we are very close. We will take one step after another and see how things go. Sure, we don?t know what the future holds for us,... but you can never know that, can you? Love is not an insurance formula, also without long distance. She?s a very, very attractive woman... so there is no reason to cut my dreams.

Even if sometimes both of us think we?re plain stoopid... I have the feeling we know quite well what to afford to dream and what to plan. We call each other, she tells me everything, she has a wonderful voice. Fuck scepticism.

Back
Top Bottom