MERGED --> Congrats starsgoblue! + I'm Engaged!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Lancemc said:
May I ask how he proposed to you? I'm always interested in cool engagement stories and stuff.

Well, that in itself is a funny story because I didn't make it easy for him at all. On Saturday Ryan told me to get dressed up and that we were going to go to "Skate on State", an outdoor ice skating rink set up in front of the Statehouse. Well first I complained that I didn't want to dress up, that I'd been doing that enough lately. Finally, he coaxed me to get dressed and we went down to the Statehouse. When we got there we were both not pleased with the way it looked, we had Rockefeller-esque visions I suppose. Apparently Ryan was planning on skating with me and then pretending to fall and conveniently get up on one knee and propose. (He knows I like the movie Serendipity!) Wel, neither of us were impressed and I said I wanted to skip the skating. So Ry suggested this sushi restaurant, Haiku. We have gone to this restaurant once a month every month since we've been dating so I was very enthused since I didn't think we could afford to go this month cause of Christmas. So we go and there is a lovely lounge band playing, and we're eating and drinking some nice wine. The band singer asks if anyone tonight is celebrating anything special like birthdays or anniversaries. Ryan was about to say something and I totally said, "We should fib and tell them we just got engaged and see what they do!" Ryan's face went white! Apparently he was going to do it then and I blew it again. So after dinner we went into this zen garden Haiku has in the front patio with dim overhead lighting and a cute little koi pond. Finally, Ryan had a chance to propose! And for once I was speechless!

Here are the obligatory pics: :D (Conflict free stone of course)

Bling.jpg

Bling2.jpg

Bling3.jpg

That's a great story stars! I can't Believe you said that! He must have felt like dying for a brief moment. No, I'm just kidding, but seriously, that's exactly the mind of thing I'd expect to happen to me. :lol:

That's very romantic though. And congradulations once again.

Congratulations Rebekah!!

First U2girl1978's baby news, now this! What an exciting time.

:hug: :love: :heart:

Oh and merry Xmas while I'm at it. :up:

Congratulations and WOAH stunning ring you have there! :cute:

Thanks so much you guys! :heart:

I think we've set a date: January 19th, 2008. We would be getting hitched on the eve of our 2 year anniversary since our first date. (I went home after my first date with him and called my mother and told her I met the man I was going to marry...funny eh?)

Aaaand...I think I already found the dress!

Back
Top Bottom