MERGED --> Again....prayers needed + My mother is home!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

verte76

Blue Crack Addict
Again....prayers needed

I've just gotten the news that my mother has to have heart surgery tomorrow due to really bad coronary heart disease. They expect her to be OK after the thing, but they always tell you that, don't they? Could you please send prayers, good vibes or whatever it is in your belief system that could possibly help? Thanks in advance.
*wants a drink*
*it's Mardi Gras*

Ooh, it's open heart surgery, too. Not as dangerous as it used to be but scary just the same.
*paintings will proliferate*
*I'm supporting my friendly local art supply store*

Thanks, everyone, I'm feeling a bit overwhelmed right now, but hopefully everything will be OK. This stuff has gotten to be pretty routine now and not dangerous, but still it's stressful.

:hug:

hope your mom comes through with flying colours.

as a small inspiration: two years ago, my grandfather, who was 87 at the time, had quintuple by-pass surgery. not only did he make it through the surgery, he said he'd felt better than he had in years.

Thanks, everyone. I don't know when the last time was that it was this hard. You try to deal with the mortality issues all the time, I know I did last year when my mother had a stroke, and I had no idea how bad it was. Luckily, it was a mild one, but you never know when your luck is going to run out and you're dealing with the loss of a loved one. We can't talk with her since she's in the Cardiac Intensive Care unit. No phone calls for obvious reasons.
Damn. This sucks.

Last edited:
I wish the very best for you and your family and I'll keep your Mom in my thoughts and prayers.

Let us know how she's doing. :hug:

I'm keeping you and your mum in my thoughts. All the best to you.

She's doing pretty well. We have some of the best heart surgeons in the world at this hospital. One of them did her surgery. Whew! Talk about being in the right place at the right time! We're pretty relieved. I just came home from Ash Wednesday mass and my dad's still at the hospital. But it really does seem like she's going to be OK. Thanks for all of the prayers, good vibes or whatever!

Back
Top Bottom