Men will be men, and I hate it!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Zoorock Girl!

The Fly
I'm sorry for the rant, but I am so sick and tired of men playing games with my heart. Like the lyric to that Tea Party song goes "take my heart, please don't break it".

Please tell me not all guys are this bad? :sad:

Why dont you share your story with us Zoorock Girl.. in Zoo Confessionals, since this is a 'personal' matter.

My boyfriend decided last night that it was best if we didn't see each other anymore. I swear, I did NOT see it coming. You know how much worse that makes me feel? If I at least sensed that he was going to drop such a bomb on me I could have in some way at least tried to prepare myself! But no, being stupid as I am, I guess I just missed all the signs. He was such a sweet guy...it's hard for me to even be angry at him now! Maybe that'll come later, I don't know. But what I do know is that right now I feel just awful. :(

i'd post a smilie if i wasn't against it

*hugs zoogirl bigtime*

As a guy who has seen women do the same thing to men, I think that humanity sucks rather than just men or just women.

Inevitably, the dumpee is going to fret about what they did wrong and therefore convinced the dumper to break-up with them. Having been on both sides of this equation it's made me deal with relationships with more respect and civility. It's never easy to tell someone they're not your idea of a "mate", but if we realize the pain and confront it, perhaps we'll be better off. And don't forget karma: you can't forget about THAT.

I'm sorry you feel so sad. I had a bad break-up with a shithole, she-devil about 1 1/2 ago and it still grieves me to think about all the love and dedication I gave her. The good news is, I rarely consider her anymore. It might take a while to get him outta your head, but that WILL make life easier in the future...I know that doesn't make you feel better right this second, but it will make you stronger and more perceptive in the years to come.

Keep it real.

There are really sweet guys out there. All the shy guys are just waiting for a girl to love and worship (I'm serious). Don't worry, with time you will find that person that you will be happy with forever.

When this sort of thing happens I usually think that "The sooner the better", in a few months you could've been more devoted to him and it would've hurt more.

I'm sure he's missing out. :)

BrownEyedBoy said:
There are really sweet guys out there. All the shy guys are just waiting for a girl to love and worship (I'm serious). Don't worry, with time you will find that person that you will be happy with forever.

When this sort of thing happens I usually think that "The sooner the better", in a few months you could've been more devoted to him and it would've hurt more.

I'm sure he's missing out. :)

This is very true. Sometimes you have to kiss a few frogs before your prince comes. I know I sure did & now I'm married to a great guy. Everything will work out for you. Don't worry.

The Messenger... ah yes.
Originally a Daniel Lanois song, by the way...
(who co-produced UF and JT.... there's a reason the production on Messenger and Heaven Coming Down sound a tad U2-ish of that era... *grin*)

May I suggest another Tea Party song to get your mind off... or at least one with Jeff singing....
the track he did with Conjure One, "Premonition"..

"Can't feel you anymore, don't believe you anymore, I don't need you anymore..."
If you don't have it, lemme know, I can put it up for you somewhere to d/l.
And you can sing it until you feel the hurt go numb.... at least for a little while, so you can start to heal again.

i know it feels pretty shitty right now. i'm still going though all the shitty feelings i'm left with after my ex screwed me around.

but i suppose it goes both ways cause there was stuff that i did to him that was pretty shitty too but not on the same scale.

it's really hard to come to terms with someone you truly cared about and trusted with your heart could hurt you as bad as they do but alas it's the ways of the world adn the ways of the heart. unfortunately it doesn't always work out the way you wanted it to.

but try to be optmistic...i know i'm sure trying. spend this time trying to get your head screwed on straight and figure out what you want in a man and in a relationship and then move forward from there. you don't want to jump into somtthing too soon that you might regret cause your lonely now.

take care and good luck with everything. :hug:

Back
Top Bottom